1. Alabama

2. Notre Dame

3. Oklahoma

4. Ohio State

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
4. Penn State

As for GotW, give me Bedlam, but that Miami/Va Tech game is going to be a good one too.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
4. Penn State

As for GotW, give me Bedlam, but that Miami/Va Tech game is going to be a good one too.

So you either think that Georgia will lose two games or that Notre Dame will pass them even though the lost the head to head and Penn State leaps them even though their best win could be a 3/4 loss Michigan/Michigan State.

Top 10 for inaugural CFP rankings

1. Georgia
  2. Bama
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Clemson
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio St
  7. Penn St
  8. TCU
  9. Wisconsin
  10. Miami

WOW. Going to have to disagree hard with the bolded. This committee just has 0 consistency. I mean honestly that would probably be my 4 if you wanted me to tell you the 4 best teams right now, and while that is what the CFP is supposed to go off on, when have they ever? They've put emphasis into resume more than anything up to this point. Do we think they've actually changed, or since it's just their first poll and doesn't mean much they are being more loose with the rankings?

How is ND 3rd and Miami 10th?

The gap isn’t that big between the two. I get style points but Miami beat a Cuse team that went into Baton Baton Rouge and played them tough (LSU went to Florida and won and beat a very good Auburn team at home) then Cuse beat Clemson. Miami went on the road and won a tough rivalry game against FSU then beat a good GT team in pour conditions in the 4th quarter. What Miami showed is through injury they still play great defense and has a clutch QB when the game is on the line. The good thing is Miami can prove they are better when the play ND in a few weeks.

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How is ND 3rd and Miami 10th?

The gap isn’t that big between the two. I get style points but Miami beat a Cuse team that went into Baton Baton Rouge and played them tough (LSU went to Florida and won and beat a very good Auburn team at home) then Cuse beat Clemson. Miami went on the road and won a tough rivalry game against FSU then beat a good GT team in pour conditions in the 4th quarter. What Miami showed is through injury they still play great defense and has a clutch QB when the game is on the line. The good thing is Miami can prove they are better when the play ND in a few weeks.

I don’t worry about it as a Miami fan because if Miami wins these next 2 weeks and the ACC championship, they will be in. I just find it ridiculous that Clemson is that far above Miami despite Syracuse beating Clemson and Miami beating Syracuse. Hell, Miami was a few drops away from beating Syracuse by at least 21. But like I said, these rankings mean absolutely nothing right now and it’s stupid to even do these right now.

Archived