teams that still control their CFP destiny IMO:

• Bama
  • UGA
  • Miami
  • Wisconsin
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma
  • TCU

Washington essentially controls their own destiny too, but if the 7 above teams all win out (besides games against each other), Washington probably gets left out.

IMO UW 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not sure Miami is "back" quite yet.

• Bama
  • UGA
  • Miami
  • Wisconsin
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma
  • TCU

Washington essentially controls their own destiny too, but if the 7 above teams all win out (besides games against each other), Washington probably gets left out.

IMO Washington would deserve to get in over a 1 loss Clemson, TCU and obviously a non SEC champion

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/dylan-moses-says-lsu-would-have-been-the-school-he-signed-with-if-les-miles-was-still-the-coach

“Oh yeah. No doubt. That would have been the school I would have went to if Les Miles was still there,” Moses said. “It’s a done deal (now). He’s gone. I still have a relationship with him, but I haven’t spoken to him since he was fired. I’m still going to keep a close connection with him.”

“I always told myself that if Les Miles was to ever leave LSU, Alabama would be my second choice,” Moses said.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Can't get much more definitive than that lol.

That's irrelevant. Les was a great recruiter and some players definitely chose Les Miles over other coaches rather than LSU over other schools, but the main reason anyone chooses to go to Bama instead of LSU is because they're consistently a much better team. We might have lost a few recruits after firing Les, but think of how many players didn't want to play for that stale offense, or for the defense that has to carry that stale offense, and how they might reconsider going to LSU now that we have something new going on (we still have to prove that it is new and not the same junk arranged differently.....)

@thrILL! People around here really don't like to see local guys go elsewhere because that's the reason we aren't as good. I understand the prospects' point of view, they want to play for a dynasty. I don't blame them. I also don't blame anyone here for being mad because we feel if these players would trust in us enough, they could help us reach that next level. Of course we feel mad when they choose to make the gap between Bama and LSU bigger instead of smaller. It's hard to convince anyone that they should play for this team though with all the talent we waste every year. It surprises me that we still get so many good recruits and sometimes I feel bad for them. xD

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The winner of the Georgia/Alabama game is going to be in the playoffs, that's pretty much a mortal lock.  There's an outside chance that if Georgia beats Alabama that Alabama makes the playoffs, but they'd have to be a clear lean over a conference champ.  I really don't think the committee wants another LSU/Alabama rematch situation.

Miami and Wisconsin fall in the same boat.  Both likely need to go undefeated and win their conference championship if they want to be put in the playoffs.  Almost impossible to leave an undefeated conference champ out of the playoffs, even if they played a weak schedule.  Unfortunately, one loss probably eliminates them all together because of that poor schedule.

Oklahoma/TCU winner of this game likely heads to the Big 12 championship game.  There's a good chance that TCU faces Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship again, although I think both teams would probably prefer to play Iowa State again to help mask their earlier loss to them.

Notre Dame has the schedule and resume to get them in the playoffs if they win out.  Based on the early ranking of Clemson at 4, you'd have to figure they win out they really don't need any help.

SEC Winner (Georgia/Alabama)
ACC Winner (Clemson)
Notre Dame
Big 12 Winner (Oklahoma)

Washington needs help.  They need either Notre Dame to lose once, or have the Big 12 beat up on itself.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:49 AM, NS922 said:

@thrILL! People around here really don't like to see local guys go elsewhere because that's the reason we aren't as good. I understand the prospects' point of view, they want to play for a dynasty. I don't blame them. I also don't blame anyone here for being mad because we feel if these players would trust in us enough, they could help us reach that next level. Of course we feel mad when they choose to make the gap between Bama and LSU bigger instead of smaller. It's hard to convince anyone that they should play for this team though with all the talent we waste every year. It surprises me that we still get so many good recruits and sometimes I feel bad for them. xD

I totally get that.  What I don't get is grown adults savagely attacking HS kids on twitter.  It's fun to follow recruiting but my goodness. 

You guys have such an incredible array of talent in state that it'll just take the right coach to seal up that border.  It's not Orgeron but it might just be the next guy. 

Archived