1/2 Way Mock Draft

Bobby816

On 11/21/2021 at 7:16 AM, Bobby816 said:

We draft IDL in the top 10 again, I’ll go ballistic. Coaching is the issue with our DL, not personnel

Leal has 8.5 sacks he isn't just a DT 4QB hits and 58 tackles. I think your underestimating the talent and potential this guy brings to the table. IMHO he's the best player coming out on defense because he is not one dimensional.

4 hours ago, Big T said:

Leal has 8.5 sacks he isn't just a DT 4QB hits and 58 tackles. I think your underestimating the talent and potential this guy brings to the table. IMHO he's the best player coming out on defense because he is not one dimensional.

So another Q who doesn’t alter games much and we already have talent in the IDL. Wasted pick 

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So another Q who doesn’t alter games much and we already have talent in the IDL. Wasted pick 

Our D line is going to be going into somewhat of a flux. There are players who are not going to be there next year, Fatukasi? Are they going to pay him millions to be a run stuffer ONLY? Leal is by far a better athlete and will produce sacks besides stopping the run, he can line up all over the field. Shep is gone, a major disappointment in the time he's been with the Jets, Phillips is a fill in, they have too many questions on the defensive line. Heck even the pass rush is questionable, who knows if Lawson comes back from the injury to live up to what was perceived as his potential. 

We have 2 guys presently Fatukasi and Williams the others are rentals and haven't played up to the past talent level. 

The Jets if, IF, They drafted Leal and Hutchinson in round one IMHO would be a major victory for the defense. If they drafted Hutch and Linderbaum likewise. But make no mistake about it, this defense has been shredded this year especially the front 4. Stopping the run was supposed to be their strength. 

I would be happy with Devon Smith and Hutch in round one. J.D. should trade down and amass more picks, right now he's in a prime position to improve the Jets with players and draft choices. 

14 minutes ago, Big T said:

Our D line is going to be going into somewhat of a flux. There are players who are not going to be there next year, Fatukasi? Are they going to pay him millions to be a run stuffer ONLY? Leal is by far a better athlete and will produce sacks besides stopping the run, he can line up all over the field. Shep is gone, a major disappointment in the time he's been with the Jets, Phillips is a fill in, they have too many questions on the defensive line. Heck even the pass rush is questionable, who knows if Lawson comes back from the injury to live up to what was perceived as his potential. 

We have 2 guys presently Fatukasi and Williams the others are rentals and haven't played up to the past talent level. 

The Jets if, IF, They drafted Leal and Hutchinson in round one IMHO would be a major victory for the defense. If they drafted Hutch and Linderbaum likewise. But make no mistake about it, this defense has been shredded this year especially the front 4. Stopping the run was supposed to be their strength. 

I would be happy with Devon Smith and Hutch in round one. J.D. should trade down and amass more picks, right now he's in a prime position to improve the Jets with players and draft choices. 

Devon Lloyd.. my bad.