Random Thoughts

dll2000

You guys hear Tony Romo mention quickly in SB broadcast about Reid's son?

He said there was an auto accident and a little girl is in critical care and thoughts with them.

I thought wow, that is kind of big to gloss over like that.  So I looked for it online.  

Apparently he has a history of substance abuse and was involved in a major multi car accident and little girl's life hangs in balance right now.

Kind of a huge, huge story if he was on anything.   I hope he wasn't, but still doesn't make accident go away regardless. 

They kind of ran by it pretty quick.   If he was on something a coach on staff basically committed murder right before SB.

So sad for that family.

57 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You guys hear Tony Romo mention quickly in SB broadcast about Reid's son?

He said there was an auto accident and a little girl is in critical care and thoughts with them.

I thought wow, that is kind of big to gloss over like that.  So I looked for it online.  

Apparently he has a history of substance abuse and was involved in a major multi car accident and little girl's life hangs in balance right now.

Kind of a huge, huge story if he was on anything.   I hope he wasn't, but still doesn't make accident go away regardless. 

They kind of ran by it pretty quick.   If he was on something a coach on staff basically committed murder right before SB.

So sad for that family.

It was a storyline all week so I'm surprised you had just heard about it. Rex Ryan broke down on the set on the pregame show on ESPN discussing it. Both Reid kids have issues. I hope the little girl makes it

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

It was a storyline all week so I'm surprised you had just heard about it. Rex Ryan broke down on the set on the pregame show on ESPN discussing it. Both Reid kids have issues. I hope the little girl makes it

I guess I was out of loop.  I didn't hear until I heard it in broadcast.  

Me too.  Worst thing for people is when they lose a child.

Friend of mine got in a bad accident a few weeks back with her little girl, thank God they are both okay.  Car was totaled.  Guy ran from scene and was probably drunk.  They didn't get him for a few days I think.    

A work friend who I just met went into hospital in early Dec. and has not come out and probably will not come out.   His wife is on a text chain giving us updates and messages are heartbreaking.       

No one is guaranteed tomorrow.  One day you are fine, next day not so much.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

the gofundme for the little girl is already at over $300k. obviously the family would rather have the girl be completely safe and healthy over the money, but its nice to know that they wont have to deal with medical bills

Hopefully that money only has to go towards medical bills and towards her full  recovery. Brain trauma is a long road to recover from. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't get ESPN or have cable.

I only have Netflix, Disney, Prime, Youtube and NFL Gamepass.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I have it.  Its an awful place that brings out the worst in humanity.

Exactly why I dont have it  

I like when people post sports related Twitter stuff here but outside of that it doesnt appeal to me. Now they're even pushing political agendas too, which is one of my favorite things about this site- any actual discussion of it isnt allowed. 

• Like 2

I have mentioned this before, but thinking of KC missing near their entire O line made me think.

College O linemen are rarely hurt - they most all wear knee braces.

NFL O linemen are nearly always hurt - and they never wear knee braces.

I don't believe that is a coincidence and I do believe that is a correlation.  

On my team knee braces would be mandatory for O line.   I don't care if you think they slow you down a bit.   So does surgery to remove parts of your knee and months of rehab.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I have mentioned this before, but thinking of KC missing near their entire O line made me think.

College O linemen are rarely hurt - they most all wear knee braces.

NFL O linemen are nearly always hurt - and they never wear knee braces.

I don't believe that is a coincidence and I do believe that is a correlation.  

On my team knee braces would be mandatory for O line.   I don't care if you think they slow you down a bit.   So does surgery to remove parts of your knee and months of rehab.

Knee braces shouldn't make much of a difference. I wore one as a WR after my first ACL reconstruction and I'd say I didnt notice much of a one. OL are generally going to be limited in their movement anyway and you still have the ability to show lateral agility too.

If I can cut, run with the ball, and cover on ST I see no reason they couldn't do a kick-slide. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, Sugashane said:

Knee braces shouldn't make much of a difference. I wore one as a WR after my first ACL reconstruction and I'd say I didnt notice much of a one. OL are generally going to be limited in their movement anyway and you still have the ability to show lateral agility too.

If I can cut, run with the ball, and cover on ST I see no reason they couldn't do a kick-slide. 

They don't, but players often think that they do. Some kind of superstition, or something...

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Tarik Cohen likes banana and mayonnaise sandwiches. Time to trade him 

Seriously? 

795caca2fb25aeeee935962891717bdb.gif

• Like 1