Random Thoughts

dll2000

On 2/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, dll2000 said:

I have it.  Its an awful place that brings out the worst in humanity.

Yes.  It's full of toxic idiots. 

Use it like I do.  I use it as an RSS feed for news.  I don't even pay attention to the morons. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So we're moved in and found out Louisville has their football league going, so we went to sign my son up today, and it went great.  

The coaches were super cool but warned it was a really competitive league, and conversation turned into kids not even being able to do push ups. One of the coaches sons was told to pop out a few and he got a few good ones. They asked if my kid could do any to get him included since shy at first, and he popped off almost 20 before he started to break form. 

Coaches were pumped. "What do you play? RB? Can you take snaps? You ever play Safety? And I told them he played HB usually and one year at QB, then played ILB and OLB, so they already had him play toss with the coach's son (who is a RB). I was cracking up at the scouting they were doing, it was legit a full breakdown of his throws, form, etc. The other kid is a natural, really smooth and quiet hands, didn't even slow his talking while catching the ball. Seemed like they know way more than I do about the position so I'm excited. 

Looks like I'm going to be an assistant coach focusing on WRs/TEs and LBs, and thankfully my son didn't complain about being tried at QB. I'm happy to be a part of it while not having to plan everything and make the calls to the league, etc. 

They're already trying to get me to take my son to a Sports Performance gym here. Looking around some of these place look serious. Lol

• Like 4

NFLPA is steering young players wrong.

They would be fools to skip any practices voluntary or no.

You are in a competition and they are trying to limit your ability to compete.

They are trying to get you cut.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

If I am Miller I would have tried to show up for rookie camp.

Did he not?  Seems risky or lazy.  For a player who has underperformed draft spot and talent, has done some very very dumb on the field things and been called out by OWNERSHIP even, to then be on a team that brought in a TON of WR talent... I'm all for people being able to choose their labor situations but man that does not seem wise. 

46 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Did he not?  Seems risky or lazy.  For a player who has underperformed draft spot and talent, has done some very very dumb on the field things and been called out by OWNERSHIP even, to then be on a team that brought in a TON of WR talent... I'm all for people being able to choose their labor situations but man that does not seem wise. 

I was kidding.  He is not allowed.  Rookies only.  

20 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So we're moved in and found out Louisville has their football league going, so we went to sign my son up today, and it went great.  

You're a Kentucky Colonel now?  Hope the move and new job work out very well for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

You're a Kentucky Colonel now?  Hope the move and new job work out very well for you.

For now. Took on a plant from hell to be able to promote faster. Finally getting it straightened out and staffed up so hopefully be out of here in a year. Then my work hours will drop and I'll get more home time. 

Kentucky has been great to me so far, other than this forum being my closest thing to a social life. Lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

For now. Took on a plant from hell to be able to promote faster. Finally getting it straightened out and staffed up so hopefully be out of here in a year. Then my work hours will drop and I'll get more home time. 

Kentucky has been great to me so far, other than this forum being my closest thing to a social life. Lol. 

Challenges are fun.  Hard work but fun and if you succeed you become a golden child.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:10 PM, Sugashane said:

The coaches were super cool but warned it was a really competitive league, and conversation turned into kids not even being able to do push ups. One of the coaches sons was told to pop out a few and he got a few good ones. They asked if my kid could do any to get him included since shy at first, and he popped off almost 20 before he started to break form. 

Coaches were pumped. "What do you play? RB? Can you take snaps? You ever play Safety? And I told them he played HB usually and one year at QB, then played ILB and OLB, so they already had him play toss with the coach's son (who is a RB). I was cracking up at the scouting they were doing, it was legit a full breakdown of his throws, form, etc. The other kid is a natural, really smooth and quiet hands, didn't even slow his talking while catching the ball. Seemed like they know way more than I do about the position so I'm excited. 

Looks like I'm going to be an assistant coach focusing on WRs/TEs and LBs, and thankfully my son didn't complain about being tried at QB. I'm happy to be a part of it while not having to plan everything and make the calls to the league, etc. 

They're already trying to get me to take my son to a Sports Performance gym here. Looking around some of these place look serious. Lol

Congrats to you and your son man. 

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So basically you've become temp general manager who goes to different plants to help them and then move on to the next one. (edit; alot of owners do this. They will bring in someone temporarily  just to get fresh eyes on the situations access it. Normal procedure).

I remember your type when I worked in the steel industry lol. You bastards come around trying to change things and try to talk to us like it's a normal convo, but really what your trying to do is conduct an interview.  I even had one ask me to go out to eat at 8:30AM after we had just finished a meeting AND I was coming off of a 12 hour shift from 7PM-7AM. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 2