Random Thoughts

dll2000

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Congrats to you and your son man. 

So basically you've become temp general manager who goes to different plants to help them and then move on to the next one. (edit; alot of owners do this. They will bring in someone temporarily  just to get fresh eyes on the situations access it. Normal procedure).

I remember your type when I worked in the steel industry lol. You bastards come around trying to change things and try to talk to us like it's a normal convo, but really what your trying to do is conduct an interview.  I even had one ask me to go out to eat at 8:30AM after we had just finished a meeting AND I was coming off of a 12 hour shift from 7PM-7AM. 

Thank you. Kid had his practice gear, cleats, etc laid out yesterday morning. Lol. 

Lol. You're not wrong. The last two Complex Managers were losing money here because they couldn't control their employees and standards dropped a lot. Were well into the green this year barring a critical injury or two so I have no doubt I'll get to move up. 

I'll be happy to hand it off to another bastard when I do, and I have two people I might try to steal to promote under me. I have been - more subtlety than your former GM apparently- interviewing a bit. Lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as it pains me to say it I have always liked Matt LaFleur but man does it look like he is about to cry every time the press asks him about Rodgers leaving 😂

I don't blame him. Walk into a first ballot HOF QB and then have THIS happen? Maybe he'll ask to be traded too. 😆

• Like 1

I too am making some job changes.  I've been interviewing for what is really a relatively low level position, but thus far I've interviewed with the HR manager, the senior manager of the department, the director of the department, the senior director of the department, I have a meeting this week with the senior director of another dept who isnt in the reporting structure but it kinda falls under her purview, and after that the coo, who is the CEOs sister, for what amounts to an entry level position in the department.  I'm the last candidate standing, so the job's mine as long as I dont screw up these last 2 meetings.  Wish me luck fellas.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I too am making some job changes.  I've been interviewing for what is really a relatively low level position, but thus far I've interviewed with the HR manager, the senior manager of the department, the director of the department, the senior director of the department, I have a meeting this week with the senior director of another dept who isnt in the reporting structure but it kinda falls under her purview, and after that the coo, who is the CEOs sister, for what amounts to an entry level position in the department.  I'm the last candidate standing, so the job's mine as long as I dont screw up these last 2 meetings.  Wish me luck fellas.

Awesome! Good luck man!

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That is a whole lot of people who are just happy to see someone outwith their bubble after the past year hahaha...all the best man.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I don't blame him. Walk into a first ballot HOF QB and then have THIS happen? Maybe he'll ask to be traded too. 😆

The dude is really in a no win situation...either annoy your boss or your best player 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

That is a whole lot of people who are just happy to see someone outwith their bubble after the past year hahaha...all the best man.

Yeah it's weird, this is a fortune 500 company, I'm trying to promote to a technical trainer, which is the lowest level in the training dept.  And it's just like, here are all these people you are never going to see or talk to, but they want to meet with you before we can offer this position, and oh btw one of them is the CEOs sister and if she doesn't like you, you are totally screwed with moving up in the company.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as it pains me to say it I have always liked Matt LaFleur but man does it look like he is about to cry every time the press asks him about Rodgers leaving 😂

He does seem more desperate than the front office although maybe he's the one they sent out to show it and try to troll Aaron back to the boat.  Sure has hell Gutekunst ain't the one to be doin' it.

As much as I've criticized Rodgers arrogance the entire Packer organization has it's own particular brand of arrogance as well.  They've become a very big frog in a smaller pond up there and maybe too used to getting their own way.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah it's weird, this is a fortune 500 company, I'm trying to promote to a technical trainer, which is the lowest level in the training dept.  And it's just like, here are all these people you are never going to see or talk to, but they want to meet with you before we can offer this position, and oh btw one of them is the CEOs sister and if she doesn't like you, you are totally screwed with moving up in the company.

You've just pointed out one huge problem with business and industry these days.

Too many chiefs, assistant to the chief, sub chiefs, assistant chiefs, assistant to the assistant to the assistant sub chief and close relatives only there cause Daddy or whoever owns the place......and not enough Indians.  🙄

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Good luck coaching man, youth football can be a cesspool w/ the parents.

No doubt. I ran a dictatorship when I was the HC, I'm excited to just be an assistant. This staff seems like they own the program. Has the kids loud and proud, demands everyone participates, and he already yelled "If you ain't coaching you ain't complaining" to the parents. Apparently he isn't afraid to lay into rude parents. I feel at home brother. Lol

On a side note we have some MASSIVE kids named after vehicles. One kid is Escalade, ones Navigator, another is Rover and another big white kid is Mack Truck. 😆

EDIT - Coach is a former Army Ranger. You can tell by how he runs it. 

So my kid goes all out but isn't use to real conditioning like this anymore and forgot to NOT chug his drink when they get a break,  plus he's starting 4 weeks late from the first session.  But he's fast AF. About an hour in he is in the middle of a race and turns off the mini-field to run away,  one coach yelled "Where you running Forest!?"

He ran to a tree and threw up his Gatorade,  then ran back on the field to finish his rep. They cheered him for finishing,  but now he has his own nickname.  🤣

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Sugashane said:

No doubt. I ran a dictatorship when I was the HC, I'm excited to just be an assistant. This staff seems like they own the program. Has the kids loud and proud, demands everyone participates, and he already yelled "If you ain't coaching you ain't complaining" to the parents. Apparently he isn't afraid to lay into rude parents. I feel at home brother. Lol

On a side note we have some MASSIVE kids named after vehicles. One kid is Escalade, ones Navigator, another is Rover and another big white kid is Mack Truck. 😆

EDIT - Coach is a former Army Ranger. You can tell by how he runs it. 

https://football.dumcoach.com/forum/

This place is a great place to talk to youth coaches.   Some guys have been doing it for decades.

This is a new website, the old one got taken down as that guy retired I think.

Most of guys are good dudes who know a little, but have been through the parent grind a million times.  They do it for fun and love coaching.   They can offer some good advise for guys doing the circuit of years as their kid goes through.  

There is an old coach on there with screen name MHcoach.   His name is Joe.    He is a FL HS coach somewhere now, but still helps out youth coaches who ask.   Especially in offseason.   

He knows everything about football.  Everything and its frickin origin.    Pick his brain if you really want to become a good coach.

I spent hours speaking with him and every minute was worth it.   There was another old guy too was buddies with Joe Gibbs, can't remember his name.  Cantankerous dude, but knew his stuff.   He isn't on there anymore.   Joe is still around though I think.   

Also Glazier clinics offer their stuff free to youth coaches.   Or they used to.   Take advantage of it.   Lots of top pro, college and HS coaches have stuff in there.

When they have them in person you should go.  You get to meet lots of cool coaches.  I got invited to all kinds of things just because I spoke up after a lecture or went up just started chatting with folks.   

Like college spring practice, meetings, things like that.  Couldn't ever go because I had a young family and worked a lot of hours, but offers were awesome.   

If I had it do over again I would have done the coaching grind rather than go to law school.  But bills to pay and mouths to feed and all that.  

• Like 1