Random Thoughts

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Wow.

I think a big problem is that is a lot of people with a lot of titles making decisions without knowledge.  

An Area Manager, Division manager and VP, DM, AM and HRM all on this, plus you?  

I worked for a title company once in Chicago and I had 4 bosses sitting within 20 feet of me.  It was exactly like that movie Office Space where there is a different boss checking up on him 4x a day to see if he filed proper report in proper format.  

It was probably worst job I ever had and during a summer in college I worked for an Industrial Cleaning company. I was doing incredibly hot and dangerous jobs of various types, using incredibly hot and dangerous equipment for almost no pay deep inside factories with air turned off wearing a Tyvek and big rubber boots and gloves.

After 4 hours on job I could literally pour my rubber boot out like a glass of water filled up with my sweat.   And I was 6-2, 180 lbs with near 6 pack abs at time.

And that was still better than having 4 bosses directly supervising me.

That being said, maybe you should count to 10 and rethink whether this can be worked out with discussion. 

If it truly is impossible to meet these goals they will realize it with some thought.

Exactly. They're scrambling for sure. It's amazing how we had zero support or help as promised before I signed and we still had the place running better than it had in over 5 years (both by metrics per the customer AND revenue wise on our end), THEN they want to get involved and micromanage. 

The only way I'd take the facilty back was if my AM and DM stayed the hell out. AM is shady and clueless, DM is a smart guy but he came from managing Targets or some other store. He has little to no clue about how to actually run a facility. When he comes in he is clearly lost and says almost nothing in person so no one can ask him questions with any details. It's embarrassing. 

That or after the AM is kicked out of the facility or demoted then I'll take his spot... lol. 

I have went over the issues with the VP and HRM, apparently he will be there this week to see if my issues are valid. He's actually really good too. Done over 40 start ups, taken over and retained crews from other companies we outbid, etc. I may go back I may not, but honestly I bet they lose the plant to another company if they don't maintain what we had going. The metrics they signed on were carrying some hefty penalties. I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't have to credit back 15% or more ofnthe total billing. 

Anthony Rizzo traded to the Yankees and an era is ended in Cubs baseball.  I knew this was coming, but damn it’s gut wrenching to actually see happen.  Really hope they sign him this off-season, but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Anthony Rizzo traded to the Yankees and an era is ended in Cubs baseball.  I knew this was coming, but damn it’s gut wrenching to actually see happen.  Really hope they sign him this off-season, but not holding my breath.

im sick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

The breakup has been imminent.  I suspect Bryant will be gone before the day is out as well.

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Surprised I haven’t seen any excitement here about the Bulls landing Ayo last night. I’m not even a U of I guy and I’m pretty pumped about it. 

Great pick, I think he can eventually become a starting caliber PG which is exactly what the Bulls need right now.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

The breakup has been imminent.  I suspect Bryant will be gone before the day is out as well.

Pretty much everyone will be gone.  Hendricks and Contreras will probably be the only ones left.  Baez sounds like he’s going to the Mets, Kimbrel just went to the sox, Bryant’s a goner for sure just a matter of where.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

On the bright side y'all can start rooting for the SOX.  They're winning now.  😁

The Cubs fan in me has a hard time doing that, but they’re such a fun team right now. Honestly reminds me of the 2015/2016 Cubs teams.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Pretty much everyone will be gone.  Hendricks and Contreras will probably be the only ones left.  Baez sounds like he’s going to the Mets, Kimbrel just went to the sox, Bryant’s a goner for sure just a matter of where.

Not sure I get Hahn's reasoning in giving up Heuer and Madrigal for another closer when the SOX already have Liam Hendricks and the starting staff they have.  Is he gonna try and win the WS by shutting out every team they face?  LOL

The SOX are getting their big guns back and that should help with run production.  Eloy already won one game with a late inning 3 run shot and Robert and Grandal should be back soon.  They covered 2nd base with a Gold Glove guy who hits for power so Madrigal became expendable.

I really like Madrigal.  Superb contact hitter.  Reminds me of a modern day Nellie Fox.  If he was going anywhere I'm glad it's to the Cubs "keeping him in the family" so to speak.  Of course he's a delayed benefit for now but Cubs fans should be thrilled.

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Surprised I haven’t seen any excitement here about the Bulls landing Ayo last night. I’m not even a U of I guy and I’m pretty pumped about it. 

I literally just found out the draft happened. lol

Like the pick, I think he and white can be a solid duo to pair with Lavine. I know he was a PG before but I like him more at SG.

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

The Cubs fan in me has a hard time doing that, but they’re such a fun team right now. Honestly reminds me of the 2015/2016 Cubs teams.

Ha ha, close your eyes and pretend......LOL.

I am by birth a dyed in the wool "Southsider" but I never was into all that hatred for a crosstown rival that's also a Chicago team.  I've always been a SOX fan first but I've been very happy to see the Cubs finally shrug off being the "lovable losers" and bring home a championship.

Now it's time to rebuild.

Look at the guys who are really helping the SOX right now and quite a few came from trades for their former top pitchers including getting Eloy Jimenez from the Cubs.  Hoyer just needs to bargain hard and get top talent for the guys he's losing.  Heuer and Madrigal are both guys they can build around as they start over.

I'd love to see a City Series before I die.....LOL.

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I might be if I gave two hoots about the NBA.  I just can't get into the game.  Too much like NYC playground basketball with more contact than an NHL game and 3 steps does not get you a traveling call if you're an all star.  I much prefer college basketball.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

I might be if I gave two hoots about the NBA.  I just can't get into the game.  Too much like NYC playground basketball with more contact than an NHL game and 3 steps does not get you a traveling call if you're an all star.  I much prefer college basketball.

Well the refs pretend there is a ton of contact, but its lower than I've ever seen it. The league is pretty soft anymore. lol

'Did he bounce the ball to himself after a foul!?! TECHNICAL!!"

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Well the refs pretend there is a ton of contact, but its lower than I've ever seen it. The league is pretty soft anymore. lol

'Did he bounce the ball to himself after a foul!?! TECHNICAL!!"

I dunno about that.  Every time I watch some highlights some guy is getting mugged somewhere.