Random Thoughts

dll2000

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I can’t really drink as I have gout, but when I do I prefer wine to beer. 

Oh man, gout is nasty. Are you able to keep it down with medication, or not? I had a friend who really struggled with gout, years ago. 

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Random Thought:  If life's a bowl of cherries why do I seem to find the pits?

You're the finance expert here,  use the pits to plant and grow cherry trees! Don't waste the financial opportunities life is trying to give you!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You're the finance expert here,  use the pits to plant and grow cherry trees! Don't waste the financial opportunities life is trying to give you!

Good thinking.  But in my particular case those pits were actually the women in my life and while I'd like nothing better than to plant them in the ground I believe they still put you in prison for that don't they?  😈

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Isn't it life is like a box of chocolates? 

Yup.....but let's not forget that while on an extended drunk I left mine out in the hot sun and most of it melted.  That's why I'm sticking with THC gummies these days.  😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh man, gout is nasty. Are you able to keep it down with medication, or not? I had a friend who really struggled with gout, years ago. 

The meds work I am told.  But it is a daily medication drug (allopurinal) and I try to avoid that if possible.

I just stay disciplined with diet and avoid it that way.   But yes it is nasty.  

Most painful thing you can imagine during a bad flare up and it can last a long time with no reprieve.   When I say no reprieve I mean no reprieve.  Days on end without sleep due to pain.  

But it is a blessing in disguise, pain is a great teacher.  It forces you to eat better, not get heavy and avoid drunkenness.

Most people tell me I look a lot younger than my age, they always think I am younger than I am.  I think a big reason is I eat decent, I don’t drink and I have had to do that for nearly 2 decades now.

My choice is stay disciplined or take a drug and just do what I want.   Seems to be working out for better staying disciplined for most part.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The meds work I am told.  But it is a daily medication drug (allopurinal) and I try to avoid that if possible.

I just stay disciplined with diet and avoid it that way.   But yes it is nasty.  

Most painful thing you can imagine during a bad flare up and it can last a long time with no reprieve.   When I say no reprieve I mean no reprieve.  Days on end without sleep due to pain.  

But it is a blessing in disguise, pain is a great teacher.  It forces you to eat better, not get heavy and avoid drunkenness.

Most people tell me I look a lot younger than my age, they always think I am younger than I am.  I think a big reason is I eat decent, I don’t drink and I have had to do that for nearly 2 decades now.

My choice is stay disciplined or take a drug and just do what I want.   Seems to be working out for better staying disciplined for most part.

Diet is huge to people's health, it sucks you have to deal with that but at least you're reaping benefits and not treating it as a hindrance.  I wish more people had that outlook.

While working as a personal trainer there was always someone who was new to the gym that I was working with or at least giving a tour that had to make strict changes to their diet (though usually because of Type II diabetes, heart disease, etc that a lifetime of poor diet and lifestyle caused). Pretty much all of them recognized their bad behaviors and knew potential consequences, but assumed it wouldn't happen to them. Sadly they usually had to be told of a dramatic issue that would happen by a Dr rather than make the choice themselves.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soulman said:

Yup.....but let's not forget that while on an extended drunk I left mine out in the hot sun and most of it melted.  That's why I'm sticking with THC gummies these days.  😁

Good idea. 😉

The thing that always gets me about Mama Gump's "wisdom", is that you DO know what you're going to get. Many  assortment boxes have charts, diagrams, what have you...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Good idea. 😉

The thing that always gets me about Mama Gump's "wisdom", is that you DO know what you're going to get. Many  assortment boxes have charts, diagrams, what have you...

@soulman

I saw a prison documentary show where a guy had made a shiv out of sun hardened gummy bears and stabbed someone with it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

@soulman

I saw a prison documentary show where a guy had made a shiv out of sun hardened gummy bears and stabbed someone with it.  

LOL.....well mine are full of THC so I keep them in a cool dark place.  You know, just in case the narcs show up. 🙉🙈🙊

Oh wait.  That **** is legal now.  Damn holdover paranoia.  It just comes and goes like an acid flashback.  🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@soulman

OK Man, you have been a pretty dark place lately, everything OK?

(also you can tape a bunch of straight pasta together with the ends of the noodles arranged on a bias and when you're done you have a spike that'll go through drywall but only dent a stud)

• Like 3