My early 2022 offseason plan

49erscap

So, I decided to post a new page on my site, check it out, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2022-offseason-plan/, it's what I would do as of now, will keep it updated throughout the year, and up until the new league year begins in March, I do this each year, did it for 2020 & 2021, didn't for 2019 cause I didn't have the site until June of 2019. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really surprised by the amount of people who keep telling me Jimmy will be back next year and the team has already lost faith in Lance. 

I'd think financially alone this would not be feasible if we wanted to keep a competitive team. Extending and restructuring with a lower cap isn't really a legit option if you're not looking to burn through most of that rookie deal

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really surprised by the amount of people who keep telling me Jimmy will be back next year and the team has already lost faith in Lance. 

I'd think financially alone this would not be feasible if we wanted to keep a competitive team. Extending and restructuring with a lower cap isn't really a legit option if you're not looking to burn through most of that rookie deal

That's insane to me. The plan was always to start Jimmy this year and trade him. There are too many holes on the roster and dudes who need extended to hold on to Jimmy...

7 hours ago, Forge said:

What?! 

Sometimes I think it is good to live outside a regional fanbase. Yikes. Everyone here who has said anything about Lance is really excited about him, even if they aren't 9er fans.

I have to imagine all this talk about retaining Jimmy is to build up his trade stock. I can’t see a path where we actually keep Jimmy (and Trey) and continue to build upon our team or hold onto our key players (Bosa/Deebo), it’s impossible. 

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I love Jimmy, but even if he wins the Superbowl with his arm, he's traded this offseason.

Love/Hate relationship for me. If he wins the Superbowl, I'm seeing dollar signs (trade value) and take whatever you can. John and Kyle are not stupid, they know they have to get rid of him to pay Deebo and Bosa. They already said Deebo isn't going anywhere. It's already in the works. I think all the articles and tweets coming out about putting Jimmy on a 3 yr extension is just another way to boost his value. 

• Like 1

Yeah Jimmy has to go for the sake of the team unless he takes a major, major pay drop (as in release him and sign him for $5-6m  per year which isn't going to happen).

The guy that I always see not to be resigned is Mostert. Why wouldn't we resign him? As long as he still has his speed after surgery I would give him a 2yr/$4m deal plus incentives to cover for possible injury again. He makes the offence much better as he is a TD threat every time he touches the ball.

10 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Yeah Jimmy has to go for the sake of the team unless he takes a major, major pay drop (as in release him and sign him for $5-6m  per year which isn't going to happen).

The guy that I always see not to be resigned is Mostert. Why wouldn't we resign him? As long as he still has his speed after surgery I would give him a 2yr/$4m deal plus incentives to cover for possible injury again. He makes the offence much better as he is a TD threat every time he touches the ball.

Yeah, the only way I see Mostert coming back is if he tests FA and doesn't get the deal he feels he deserves and we bring him back on a 1-yr deal to be a complimentary piece with Mitchell. But even then, Shanny likes to run Mitchell exclusively, so we're probably not looking at a "hot hand" situation that we used the past couple of years. Mitchell is the dude and that's it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah, the only way I see Mostert coming back is if he tests FA and doesn't get the deal he feels he deserves and we bring him back on a 1-yr deal to be a complimentary piece with Mitchell. But even then, Shanny likes to run Mitchell exclusively, so we're probably not looking at a "hot hand" situation that we used the past couple of years. Mitchell is the dude and that's it. 

I agree with a good portion of this, but I hope and think Kyle will utilize at least a 2 rb rotation. I think the only reason we haven’t lately is because Wilson is coming off the injury and Sermon is a rookie (who he doesn’t trust, right now). Hasty is hit or miss. Mitchell has been the only consistent runner for us lately. Don’t know if that’s by choice or like u said, “the hot hand.” I think we will bring in a couple more this off-season like we normally do or draft, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t sign Mostert. He’s too injury prone as much as I like him and his home run possibilities.