Jimmy Garoppolo traded to Niners

Texansfan713

Really good trade for the 49ers. Wish NE could’ve got more, but if Bill didn’t see a future with Jimmy then this is the best option, I guess. 

He’s a great fit. Id give him a week before starting though...

19 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Seems kind of crazy of the 49ers to do this. 

Garoppolo is a free agent after this year right? And they gave up a top 3 pick in the 2nd round for him. 

Kirk might have been available to them this offseason. And other QBs in the draft. 

Don't love this deal for the 49ers. But I suppose if they really believe in Garoppolo, it could work out.

Has this been confirmed that it's the 49ers second rounder? We have two seconds next year (the Saints'). I haven't seen any indication on which second rounder it is. 

11 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Trade down, I think.  Both Shanahan and his daddy pride themselves on finding late-round RB gems.  I don't think Shanny would waste a 1st overall pick on one, no matter how good.

Agreed. I think trade down, get what you can, and then take Nelson / McGlinchey as that offensive line, particularly the interior, is a mess. That should be the nice thing about this - we are giving up a second (no indication still on which second, I assume our own, but no guarantee), but I would be very shocked if we don't get value back from now moving down in the draft. 

This wreaks of Jimmy G not wanting to sign a team friendly/long term deal for the Pats, or hinted at wanting to take over and being more assertive, so Belichick sent him to a horrible situation as retaliation, ala Collins last season.

I like Garroppolo and think he can be a successful QB in the league.  SF probably did not want to risk missing out on Cousins in FA and IMO, I'd rather have him than any QB in this upcoming draft class.  And for the Pats, Tom Brady should still be able to play at a high level for a few more years.  I expect they will draft another potential successor in the upcoming draft.

Archived