2022 NFL Mock Draft

2022 NFL Mock Draft

Super early to do one on 11/12/21 because the order is not even complete and is kind of a waste because of that.  I used the one currently then changed the bottom of the order a bit to reflect who I think could go far in the playoffs.  Hutchinson I want to go higher than that but hard with scheme fits and a lot of 3/4 teams where not sure he would fit into that.  Also Stingley is a bit of a reach at #1 but they need CB help badly and if he works out well he could still go high.  All these prospects though are worth a 1st round pick I feel based on how they have played this year combined with team needs of course.

Made an edit also and took Corral out and Pickett into the Steelers pick, also included Baldonado as a 1st rounder, dude looks pretty legit despite being still raw as a player has huge upside and athletic potential.  Still questionable on Tucker as a 1st rounder but will see if any other OL show out, Tucker disappointed last night against Pitt and was in and out of the lineup.  

(Edited 11/16/21)

.   1.    Detroit Lions - Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR DE
    2.    Houston Texans - Aidan Hutchinson Michigan SR DE
    3.    New York Jets - Derek Stingley Jr LSU JR CB      
    4.    Jacksonville Jaguars - Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR WR  
    5.    Philadelphia Eagles via (Miami Dolphins) - Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame JR S
    6.    New York Giants - Evan Neal Alabama JR OT  
    7.    New York Jets via (Seattle Seahawks) - David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH DE/OLB
    8.    New York Giants via (Chicago Bears) -    Daxton Hill Michigan JR S  
    9.    Washington Football Team - Carson Strong Nevada RS JR  
    10.   Miami Dolphins via (San Francisco 49ers) -  Tyler Linderbaum Iowa JR C
    11.   Philadelphia Eagles - DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR DT/DE 
    12.   Atlanta Falcons - Jordan Davis Georgia JR DT  
    13.   Minnesota Vikings - Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB
    14.   Denver Broncos - Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR OLB
    15.    Philadelphia Eagles via (Indianapolis Colts) - Treylon Burks Arkansas JR WR
    16.    Cleveland Browns - David Bell Purdue JR WR  
    17.    Cincinnati Bengals - Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB
    18.    Las Vegas Raiders - Nicholas Petit-Frere Ohio State RS JR OT
    19.    Carolina Panthers  - Drake London USC JR WR 
    20.    Los Angeles Chargers - Darian Kinnard Kentucky SR OT  
    21.     New Orleans Saints - Jahan Dotson Penn State SR WR
    22.    New England Patriots -  Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR
    23.    Kansas City Chiefs - Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE  
    24.    Arizona Cardinals - Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR CB
    25.    Pittsburgh Steelers -  Kenny Pickett Pitt RS SR QB
    26.    Baltimore Ravens  - Damone Clark LSU SR ILB  
    27.    Dallas Cowboys - Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR DE
    28.    Green Bay Packers - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB 
    29.    Buffalo Bills   - Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
    30.    Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR QB
    31.    Tennessee Titans -  Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR TE
    32.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE

I have the 7 round mock draft ranking but clearly that is not based on teams just an estimation of where they might fall in the draft order possibly.  

Edited by Ozzy
11/16/21
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Can Jordan Tucker play RT?

He is better at RT than LT I think, but last night was odd he was in and out of the lineup not sure he was hurt or was literally taken out.  Week before against Wake he was running downfield blocking showing impressive athletic ability, not so much this week so I might have been a bit early having him a 1st rounder but will see.  Otherwise Faalele, Zion Johnson, Obinna Eze or Jamaree Slayer could be options there as well, especially Zion Johnson and Eze who are solid athletes.  

Might have to change Corral to Kenny Pickett with how he has been looking but hard to get a read on him because there is so much talent around him and he knows the system so well.  But honestly teams with love he actually calls plays one by one and does not use the card system which all NFL teams will love.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

He is better at RT than LT I think, but last night was odd he was in and out of the lineup not sure he was hurt or was literally taken out.  Week before against Wake he was running downfield blocking showing impressive athletic ability, not so much this week so I might have been a bit early having him a 1st rounder but will see.  Otherwise Faalele, Zion Johnson, Obinna Eze or Jamaree Slayer could be options there as well, especially Zion Johnson and Eze who are solid athletes.  

For the Raiders we need someone that can step in as a starting RT from day one if we're investing a first round pick into them. We already have a franchise LT in Kolton Miller and Leatherwood has already slid inside to OG. I'd personally prefer we target a DT, Edge, or CB in the 1st round and an OT in the 2nd.

10 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

cant complain about the texans pick. Stingley or Hamilton would both be good choices at pick 2.  Not a fan of any QB this draft at pick 2.

Yeah anyone that picks say Malik Willis #2 overall would be pretty damn foolish I feel.  2nd round I would be way more comfortable with a guy like that, and they are lucky because Mills has not been awful for them considering he was a pretty raw and inexperienced 3rd round pick.  Especially with Sam Howell if he comes out early 2nd round would be a steal for him if he would fall.  Dude showed great toughness last night against Pitt.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yeah anyone that picks say Malik Willis #2 overall would be pretty damn foolish I feel.  2nd round I would be way more comfortable with a guy like that, and they are lucky because Mills has not been awful for them considering he was a pretty raw and inexperienced 3rd round pick.  Especially with Sam Howell if he comes out early 2nd round would be a steal for him if he would fall.  Dude showed great toughness last night against Pitt.  

I could see Houston either resigning Tyrod Taylor or trading for Jimmy G (GM drafted him in NE) while waiting to see if they have anything with Mills.

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

28.    Green Bay Packers - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB

I'd be VERY surprised if the Packers took an off-ball LB this early in the draft.  They'll probably try to re-sign Campbell and Barnes has looked good.  Probably more looking at EDGE or DL here.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd be VERY surprised if the Packers took an off-ball LB this early in the draft.  They'll probably try to re-sign Campbell and Barnes has looked good.  Probably more looking at EDGE or DL here.

Yeah it really depends on what they do with the two Smith's, and honestly Gary is the future and sure another OLB would help but who knows if they go there depending on the future of those two Smith's.  Not sure Barnes is the answer to anything honestly at ILB, and Dean is a speed demon and is kind of the way the NFL is going with 3/4 ILBs, look at Patrick Queen.  

I originally had them take Tyree Johnson out of A&M who is a hell of an athletic edge rusher but thought ILB might be the better use of the draft pick, that or a OT maybe.  And outside of Wooden not sure many this high in the draft would fit a 3/4 DE spot because Leal would be long gone and Jordan Davis would be long gone as well at NT.  Even with the Ravens sure they could use a edge guy and Josh Bynes has looked ok for them but honestly they could be a lot better with a strong ILB opposite the athletic one in Queen and Clark could be that guy or they could go Dean and just do speed all out all the time.  

Also for the Packers all these guys could be around where they pick late 1st round assuming if they want a more athletic edge rusher for depth opposite Gary.  Harrison and Sanders could make a lot of sense, and both could do very well in workouts but both have kind of disappointed a bit this year unlike Tyree.

Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Zach Harrison Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M
Amare Barno Virginia Tech 

Edited by Ozzy
16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah it really depends on what they do with the two Smith's, and honestly Gary is the future and sure another OLB would help but who knows if they go there depending on the future of those two Smith's.  Not sure Barnes is the answer to anything honestly at ILB, and Dean is a speed demon and is kind of the way the NFL is going with 3/4 ILBs, look at Patrick Queen.  

Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith are both cap casualties.  They aren't carrying Z with a $28M cap hit coming off back surgery.  And Preston Smith at $19.8M isn't going to be back either, especially when he's on pace for a 4 sack season.   I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was back on a very reduced price tag, but their current cap hits are beyond excessive for their production.  Barnes has been solid, which is saying A LOT compared to what the Packers have had in the past.  And he's looked the best since Campbell was added to the lineup.  There's enough there between Campbell and Barnes that ILB probably isn't going to be high on the Packers' board.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I originally had them take Tyree Johnson out of A&M who is a hell of an athletic edge rusher but thought ILB might be the better use of the draft pick, that or a OT maybe.  And outside of Wooden not sure many this high in the draft would fit a 3/4 DE spot because Leal would be long gone and Jordan Davis would be long gone as well at NT.  Even with the Ravens sure they could use a edge guy and Josh Bynes has looked ok for them but honestly they could be a lot better with a strong ILB opposite the athletic one in Queen and Clark could be that guy or they could go Dean and just do speed all out all the time.  

OT could be a sneaky pick IF they opt to keep Elgton Jenkins at LG.  If they think the future of the OG positions is Jon Runyan and Royce Newman, Jenkins probably gets kicked to RT.

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Also for the Packers all these guys could be around where they pick late 1st round assuming if they want a more athletic edge rusher for depth opposite Gary.  Harrison and Sanders could make a lot of sense, and both could do very well in workouts but both have kind of disappointed a bit this year unlike Tyree.

Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Zach Harrison Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M
Amare Barno Virginia Tech 

Historically speaking, they like their EDGE on the bigger side of the spectrum.  They'll take a bigger EDGE over a twitchier EDGE.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith are both cap casualties.  They aren't carrying Z with a $28M cap hit coming off back surgery.  And Preston Smith at $19.8M isn't going to be back either, especially when he's on pace for a 4 sack season.   I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was back on a very reduced price tag, but their current cap hits are beyond excessive for their production.  Barnes has been solid, which is saying A LOT compared to what the Packers have had in the past.  And he's looked the best since Campbell was added to the lineup.  There's enough there between Campbell and Barnes that ILB probably isn't going to be high on the Packers' board.

OT could be a sneaky pick IF they opt to keep Elgton Jenkins at LG.  If they think the future of the OG positions is Jon Runyan and Royce Newman, Jenkins probably gets kicked to RT.

Historically speaking, they like their EDGE on the bigger side of the spectrum.  They'll take a bigger EDGE over a twitchier EDGE.

Well lucky them if they go edge because there are like 30 guys who are all very decent edge prospects in a 3/4 OLB or a 4/3 DE spot.  It is a super deep class and one could get a decent player in rounds 1, 2, 3 or possibly even 4.  

I don't really see a chance the Titans take a CB. Love the player, but with them spending a first and second on Caleb Farley and Kristian Fulton in the last two years, plus having Jenkins and two good players inside, it's probably the one position they are most confident about not needing to draft for the future.

If 7 WRs go before they pick I would be so sad lol. They really need more weapons than just AJ Brown and Julio to throw to.

42 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't really see a chance the Titans take a CB. Love the player, but with them spending a first and second on Caleb Farley and Kristian Fulton in the last two years, plus having Jenkins and two good players inside, it's probably the one position they are most confident about not needing to draft for the future.

If 7 WRs go before they pick I would be so sad lol. They really need more weapons than just AJ Brown and Julio to throw to.

True maybe WR or TE would be the way to go.  Farley I like but scary injury history and Fulton I have always found to be pretty overrated, I guess they also have Molden who has tons of upside and potential.  Maybe they go Wydermyer or Woods, all the top receivers should be gone by then and not sure Metchie is worth that high of a pick.  Could maybe get a guy like Doubs or Rambo later on but really they need a quick twitch guy in the slot with speed, maybe Calvin Austin, Mike Harley, or Khalil Shakir.  Possibly OT is the way to go also with their injury issues there.