7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

35 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would keep Davis there over Sauce i have Davis ranked higher and like him better as a prospect.  But i also agree on the no QB in the 1st i wouldn't touch one for the Falcons at all in the 1sst round.  Even though Malik is my highest rated QB and the only top 15 one to me i still wouldn't want him round 1.  Falcons have to many other needs that are more needed and imo better players than malik.   Only reason i was on board with Malik in round 2 is the value there for him was awesome to me if he did drop like you had him do here.     But yeah i'll keep Davis over sauce easily and theirs a few more people i would take there over Sauce i don't have him as a top 10 pick and i think we need help on the D-line way more than a CB.

Corners Oliver, Moreau and safeties Harris and Harmon are all free agents so yeah DB is a need and CB is a need.  Gardner did not allow a TD in his entire three year college career which was 33 games, he allowed only 712 yards on 138 career targets in his career and had 3 INTs in each year he played.  Sure he might not go that high but if he runs well and jumps well he could easily go that high with the ball skills he has.  Only way he does not is if he runs slow in the 40.  

But yeah things could change for sure, just seems Jordan Davis kind of tailed off as the season goes on and the fact he so rarely plays that could be an issue, he is in and out of that lineup a lot and that lineup obviously had tons of talent on it, Walker could be a 1st rounder, Carter could be a 1st rounder in the future, Wyatt possibly will be drafted and obviously all the linebackers will be drafted most likely also.   

8.    Atlanta Falcons - Daxton Hill Michigan JR S  

Dude is like a 3rd or 4th round prospect. Taking him at 8? What? Sauce Gardner, Jordan Davis, hell, even Nakobe Dean would be better picks. And yeah, the Falcons need a Safety to compete with Jaylinn Hawkins, but that's not a bigger need than CB, NT, LB (assuming they lose Oluokun and Jones, it would skyrocket) or EDGE. 

43.   Atlanta Falcons - Sam Williams Ole Miss SR OLB/DE

Sam is solid, but Myjai is a MUCH better fit for the Falcons scheme than he is. Your valuation is all over teh place too.

58.  Atlanta Falcons via (Tennessee Titans) - Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS SR DE/DT

About a round of a reach, but I don't hate it. Fits the long-armed, quicker NT that the Falcons look for. Definitely not a DE in this scheme.

74. Atlanta Falcons - Abraham Lucas Washington State RS SR OT

Competition at RT? Not bad. 

110. Atlanta Falcons - Christian Watson NDSU SR WR

Interesting fit. IDK if he lasts this long, but he's good. Fits with the size, strength, run blocking side of thing the Falcons like to do. Also can do a lot of the RB/WR stuff they had Patterson do but in reverse. Also is fast as hell. I like him.

149. Atlanta Falcons - Jesse Luketa Penn State SR OLB

Interesting. Luketa being drafted here seems fine to me. 

I don't hate this mock overall, but some of the valuations are all over the place.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, Ozzy said:

Corners Oliver, Moreau and safeties Harris and Harmon are all free agents so yeah DB is a need and CB is a need.  Gardner did not allow a TD in his entire three year college career which was 33 games, he allowed only 712 yards on 138 career targets in his career and had 3 INTs in each year he played.  Sure he might not go that high but if he runs well and jumps well he could easily go that high with the ball skills he has.  Only way he does not is if he runs slow in the 40.  

But yeah things could change for sure, just seems Jordan Davis kind of tailed off as the season goes on and the fact he so rarely plays that could be an issue, he is in and out of that lineup a lot and that lineup obviously had tons of talent on it, Walker could be a 1st rounder, Carter could be a 1st rounder in the future, Wyatt possibly will be drafted and obviously all the linebackers will be drafted most likely also.   

Falcons current starters at safety would be Jaylinn Hawkins and Richie Grant. They like them a lot. Corners they like are Darren Hall and AJ Terrell. They do need a nickel, but they could bring back Oliver for pretty cheap and have their starters set well. 

Jordan Davis is a good fit for the Falcons for sure. Would be a dancing bear for them in the middle of the field. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

29.    Cincinnati Bengals - Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT

31. Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Trent McDuffie Washington JR CB
 32.   Kansas City Chiefs - Travon Walker Georgia JR DE 
 33.   Jacksonville Jaguars - Darian Kinnard Kentucky SR OT 
 36.   New York Giants - Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB  
 37.   Houston Texans - Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB
 39.   Chicago Bears - Kenyon Green Texas A&M JR OG
 51.   Philadelphia Eagles - Coby Bryant Cincinnati RS SR CB

62.   Cincinnati Bengals - Vincent Gray Michigan SR CB
89. Cincinnati Bengals - Dare Rosenthal Kentucky RS JR OT
93. Cincinnati Bengals - Arnold Ebiketie Penn State SR DE
131. Cincinnati Bengals - Kennedy Brooks Oklahoma RS SR RB
*140. Cincinnati Bengals - Jabari Ellis South Carolina RS SR DE/DT
170. Cincinnati Bengals - Hayden Henry Arkansas RS SR LB
208. Cincinnati Bengals - Lucas Krull Pitt RS SR TE
223. Cincinnati Bengals via (NY Giants) - Nephi Sewell Utah RS JR ILB
247. Cincinnati Bengals - Don Gardner South Dakota State RS SR CB

Rd 1 for the Bengals pretty much has to be CB, OT, or Edge, unless something nuts like Lindenbaum falling happens.  I'm not too versed on the prospects in this draft yet, but I think they look for more prototypical size for an OT, and not sure if they would go G in rd 1 after taking G in rd 2 in 2021.  Could happen though.

I don't see Kennedy Brooks because they really like Chris Evans who was a rookie this year, have Mixon under contract for multiple years still, and Perine is solid cheap depth I won't be shocked if he comes back again.

Even if the Bengals re-sign Uzomah (which I think they do), I can see them taking a TE to groom and be TE3 right now and is a better receiver than Sample.

Overall looks pretty good, I definitely think we see Trae Waynes get released, a FA signing in the secondary, and at least a couple draft picks for the secondary.  Bates either gets re-signed or Franchised.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

2022 7 Round NFL Mock Draft

(Updated 1/25/22)

1st
  11.  Washington Football Team - Carson Strong Nevada RS JR  
 42.   Washington Football Team - Damone Clark LSU SR ILB   
73. Washington Football Team - Jaquan Brisker Penn State RS SR S
109. Washington Football Team - Zamir White Georgia RS JR RB
188. Washington Football Team - Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina SR DE
227. Washington Football Team - John FitzPatrick Georgia RS SR TE

I don't love the idea of taking Strong that early or him being the first QB off the board, but I know we need a QB. 

Clark and Brisker would be good picks for us.

I really like White in the 4th.

The depth on the rest is good. 

Overall, I would be very pleased with that draft, minus your QB selection for us is not ideal in my world. 

47 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Rd 1 for the Bengals pretty much has to be CB, OT, or Edge, unless something nuts like Lindenbaum falling happens.  I'm not too versed on the prospects in this draft yet, but I think they look for more prototypical size for an OT, and not sure if they would go G in rd 1 after taking G in rd 2 in 2021.  Could happen though.

I don't see Kennedy Brooks because they really like Chris Evans who was a rookie this year, have Mixon under contract for multiple years still, and Perine is solid cheap depth I won't be shocked if he comes back again.

Even if the Bengals re-sign Uzomah (which I think they do), I can see them taking a TE to groom and be TE3 right now and is a better receiver than Sample.

Overall looks pretty good, I definitely think we see Trae Waynes get released, a FA signing in the secondary, and at least a couple draft picks for the secondary.  Bates either gets re-signed or Franchised.

True OT could be an option but they could also fill it in free agency, and Zion again is an outstanding player and could play RT if need be also.  I really do not like either guard they have Adeniji or Spain much less the center.  But yeah CB could be an option also but it is not like they need a slot so McDuffie could be out and McCreary is most likely gone also.  OL should be address round 1 though because doubt a corner falls right to them but who knows.

Maybe RB is a reach, there does get to a point where they have so many picks have to select someone, but yeah if they like Evans that much maybe that is not a huge need.  

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't love the idea of taking Strong that early or him being the first QB off the board, but I know we need a QB. 

Clark and Brisker would be good picks for us.

I really like White in the 4th.

The depth on the rest is good. 

Overall, I would be very pleased with that draft, minus your QB selection for us is not ideal in my world. 

True Strong could be a reach but they need a QB badly I feel and Strong has arguably the best arm in the draft, he could really impress come his pro day but will see how he works out.  Dude can sling it but sure maybe they would rather wait till the 2nd to pick their QB.  Either way they need something at that position obviously and a increase in talent.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True Strong could be a reach but they need a QB badly I feel and Strong has arguably the best arm in the draft, he could really impress come his pro day but will see how he works out.  Dude can sling it but sure maybe they would rather wait till the 2nd to pick their QB.  Either way they need something at that position obviously and a increase in talent.  

No doubt. 

8 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I would hope/expect the Bengals to take more than 1 offensive lineman. But I would be ok with the majority of this draft. 

Dare I think is a big time talent, super length, is a little raw but has a lot of upside.  But yes OL for the Bengals is a pretty obvious one, depends on how much they like Carman I guess and his development, also what the future of Reiff is or will they go into free agency and get one.

This is all still a work in progress though, 1st time all the way through but will change a lot I am sure.

I'd like to know again how a guy with a mid-2 grade is being selected at No. 8 overall in Dax Hill by a team who will take the BPA (per the GM's mouth) and not reach for needs. Dax Hill isn't worth No. 8 overall. No matter how you cut it. S would be fine at 8 if it's Hamilton. Hill, not so much. 

And that being said, why not just go Sauce Gardner there? The Falcons could look to bring back oliver for nickel, but Darren Hall, while liked, isn't a true starter on the outside yet. And even if he becomes one, a long-term solution for nickel makes sense. Sauce would raise the play of the CBs as a whole because he'd be the true No. 2 to Terrell and could slide inside at nickel for when he needs to do that.

I'm a little torn on the Titans picks there.  I could see taking an OT, though if Faalele isn't someone who could slide inside to guard, I don't know.  They took Radunz last year in the second round, and they don't give up on draft picks that quickly.  Unless you think Radunz is destined to move permanently to left guard, which seems unlikely based on how they used him.

Using the second pick on a corner seems REALLY unlikely.  Caleb Farley was the first rounder last season, Kristian Fulton the year before, and they need a lot of help elsewhere before they start spending luxury picks on more CBs.  Ditto for picking a second one later on.

WR depth is a big need, and safety depth is gonna need help with the likely departure of Cruikshank.  DT is fine.  They're set there, but you can always use more depth.

I'd be really surprised if they came out of this draft without a TE.  They need help there desperately.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm a little torn on the Titans picks there.  I could see taking an OT, though if Faalele isn't someone who could slide inside to guard, I don't know.  They took Radunz last year in the second round, and they don't give up on draft picks that quickly.  Unless you think Radunz is destined to move permanently to left guard, which seems unlikely based on how they used him.

Using the second pick on a corner seems REALLY unlikely.  Caleb Farley was the first rounder last season, Kristian Fulton the year before, and they need a lot of help elsewhere before they start spending luxury picks on more CBs.  Ditto for picking a second one later on.

WR depth is a big need, and safety depth is gonna need help with the likely departure of Cruikshank.  DT is fine.  They're set there, but you can always use more depth.

I'd be really surprised if they came out of this draft without a TE.  They need help there desperately.

In terms of corners, honestly Caleb Farley could be great but who knows what he is like coming off of injury so he is a massive question mark.  If anything they should maybe spend their 1st round pick on one honestly, but how in the bloody hell you lose a game and get 9 sacks and 13 QB hits I have no clue.  One way would be to get absolutely destroyed in the passing game which is what happened.  Even with decent safety play those corners got beat constantly.

Janoris Jenkins is kind of done for, gets beat a lot and Fulton sure had some stats but I would not be super comfortable with him long term honestly.  Jack Jones could provide some slot help and just another body which they need and sure Myles Jones is a gamble but why not.  Molden I need to see more of, he has potential but most likely ends up as a safety.

OL sure they picked Radunz but if he was so good why did he not play much this year?  And yeah I think he could move into OG no problem, and if anything he is more a LT arguably.  Faalele might be a reach but dude moves people and for a power run game not exactly sure how that is a bad thing.  The OL has issues especially in general at OT so Faalele could help that.  

WR is a need but only for a guy with speed and agility, no need for another big WR which they already have, they need a speed guy and Thompkins could be that and is hard to get to the ground.  TE sure is a need and I might have to change that, I thought I had them drafting a TE but must have missed it.  If they do not go CB or OL in the 1st round what they do get a TE?  I suppose they could but might be a little reach honestly.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

I'd like to know again how a guy with a mid-2 grade is being selected at No. 8 overall in Dax Hill by a team who will take the BPA (per the GM's mouth) and not reach for needs. Dax Hill isn't worth No. 8 overall. No matter how you cut it. S would be fine at 8 if it's Hamilton. Hill, not so much. 

And that being said, why not just go Sauce Gardner there? The Falcons could look to bring back oliver for nickel, but Darren Hall, while liked, isn't a true starter on the outside yet. And even if he becomes one, a long-term solution for nickel makes sense. Sauce would raise the play of the CBs as a whole because he'd be the true No. 2 to Terrell and could slide inside at nickel for when he needs to do that.

Daxton Hill a 2nd round pick?  How much you want to bet that does not happen.

Dude can play and could play CB as well, I am not as sold on those Falcons safeties as you seem to be, but sure Gardner could be an option there as well.  Still until Jordan Davis is amazing at the combine, not sold on him going that high in the draft unless he works out great physically which could be a hard one for him, will see.  

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

In terms of corners, honestly Caleb Farley could be great but who knows what he is like coming off of injury so he is a massive question mark.  If anything they should maybe spend their 1st round pick on one honestly, but how in the bloody hell you lose a game and get 9 sacks and 13 QB hits I have no clue.  One way would be to get absolutely destroyed in the passing game which is what happened.  Even with decent safety play those corners got beat constantly.

Janoris Jenkins is kind of done for, gets beat a lot and Fulton sure had some stats but I would not be super comfortable with him long term honestly.  Jack Jones could provide some slot help and just another body which they need and sure Myles Jones is a gamble but why not.  Molden I need to see more of, he has potential but most likely ends up as a safety.

OL sure they picked Radunz but if he was so good why did he not play much this year?  And yeah I think he could move into OG no problem, and if anything he is more a LT arguably.  Faalele might be a reach but dude moves people and for a power run game not exactly sure how that is a bad thing.  The OL has issues especially in general at OT so Faalele could help that.  

WR is a need but only for a guy with speed and agility, no need for another big WR which they already have, they need a speed guy and Thompkins could be that and is hard to get to the ground.  TE sure is a need and I might have to change that, I thought I had them drafting a TE but must have missed it.  If they do not go CB or OL in the 1st round what they do get a TE?  I suppose they could but might be a little reach honestly.

Give away the ball three times in opponent's territory.  And they didn't get absolutely destroyed in the passing game.  Burrow threw for 348, sure, but he threw no TDs and one pick.

The Titans do seem to be quite comfortable with Fulton long term.  And like I said, they don't tend to just bail on draft picks after a year, and still have Chris Jackson for depth.  It's not a need.

I didn't say Radunz was so good.  He didn't play football in 2020 and was terrible his first time on the field.  He looked hugely improved when he got a start late in the season, but still needs some more polishing.  Robinson drafts guys with the expectation that their contributions come in their second years, which is one reason they don't bail on guys after a season, unless it's Isaiah Wilson, and even then, he stuck for his whole rookie season.

If Faalele is a reach, then I don't see why on earth he's the pick.  The Titans reaching for a position that's not a big need makes no sense.  The Titans had one of the better Olines in the NFL last season, so I don't know what you're talking about, but the issues they do have are injury, age, and cost.  The reason interior OL is a need is because Ben Jones is a free agent and the team might cut Saffold to save costs, not because it's a bug need.

I think the ideal situation for the Titans is to trade down.  They're without a second rounder, and may be needing to replace their QB next season, so that's what I expect plan A is.  The biggest need is TE.  Center will be a big one if they don't re-sign Jones.  OG will be a need if they cut Saffold, OT if they cut Lewan or move Radunz inside.

Other than that, another WR wouldn't hurt, since Julio has an out after next season.  Pass rusher, if they can't re-sign Landry, and possibly QB, if they like one that's there, to sit behind Tannehill.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Give away the ball three times in opponent's territory.  And they didn't get absolutely destroyed in the passing game.  Burrow threw for 348, sure, but he threw no TDs and one pick.

The Titans do seem to be quite comfortable with Fulton long term.  And like I said, they don't tend to just bail on draft picks after a year, and still have Chris Jackson for depth.  It's not a need.

I didn't say Radunz was so good.  He didn't play football in 2020 and was terrible his first time on the field.  He looked hugely improved when he got a start late in the season, but still needs some more polishing.  Robinson drafts guys with the expectation that their contributions come in their second years, which is one reason they don't bail on guys after a season, unless it's Isaiah Wilson, and even then, he stuck for his whole rookie season.

If Faalele is a reach, then I don't see why on earth he's the pick.  The Titans reaching for a position that's not a big need makes no sense.  The Titans had one of the better Olines in the NFL last season, so I don't know what you're talking about, but the issues they do have are injury, age, and cost.  The reason interior OL is a need is because Ben Jones is a free agent and the team might cut Saffold to save costs, not because it's a bug need.

I think the ideal situation for the Titans is to trade down.  They're without a second rounder, and may be needing to replace their QB next season, so that's what I expect plan A is.  The biggest need is TE.  Center will be a big one if they don't re-sign Jones.  OG will be a need if they cut Saffold, OT if they cut Lewan or move Radunz inside.

Other than that, another WR wouldn't hurt, since Julio has an out after next season.  Pass rusher, if they can't re-sign Landry, and possibly QB, if they like one that's there, to sit behind Tannehill.

Titans were 8th worst in the NFL in passing yards allow per game, CB is an issue to me based on their play on the field and based on the lack of talent at the position.  Jenkins again I have little faith in and he is on the decline, who knows if Farley will even have a career with his injury history and Fulton is overrated as a prospect but will see what happens there.  Getting another CB will happen for them in the up coming draft I feel or they will try in free agency to address it.

Either way losing a game when you totally dominate the line of scrimmage and sack the QB like that, I honestly have never seen anything like that in my life and all those DBs especially the CBs should be ashamed of that one but maybe that is just me.