7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True maybe WR or TE would be the way to go.  Farley I like but scary injury history and Fulton I have always found to be pretty overrated, I guess they also have Molden who has tons of upside and potential.  Maybe they go Wydermyer or Woods, all the top receivers should be gone by then and not sure Metchie is worth that high of a pick.  Could maybe get a guy like Doubs or Rambo later on but really they need a quick twitch guy in the slot with speed, maybe Calvin Austin, Mike Harley, or Khalil Shakir.  Possibly OT is the way to go also with their injury issues there.  

Farley is definitely an uncertainty, but they at least seemed to like him before he got hurt. Fulton has been amazing this year after not really showing anything as a rookie. Hopefully injuries aren't a thing for him too.

I would agree with not reaching on a WR or TE. OL is something I wouldn't prefer to draft, but I don't think the Titans see it the same way. I could see them drafting OT or IOL depending on who's available. Fans won't like it, but they're going to need to get younger on the OL with all of the money they're spending elsewhere.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like Olave if DPJ can’t prove to be a consistent deep threat.

He has proven a hell of a lot already, still they need WR help because honestly what else they need outside of maybe a new QB?  Maybe some DE help if Tak and Clowney are gone next year same if Malik Jackson is out.  That could make sense as well because the DE class is absolutely stacked beyond belief and they could still get a great player later in the 1st round at DE.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He has proven a hell of a lot already, still they need WR help because honestly what else they need outside of maybe a new QB?  Maybe some DE help if Tak and Clowney are gone next year same if Malik Jackson is out.  That could make sense as well because the DE class is absolutely stacked beyond belief and they could still get a great player later in the 1st round at DE.

Definitely need defensive line help

6 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Good Jags pick. Wouldn't be upset if we went WR with our first 2 picks, honestly.

fwiw, Hutchinson is a fit in the Jags defense

WR would be a good choice for them but safety also makes sense and if Hamilton falls would be hard to pass on him.   And not sure Hutchinson is a fit with a 3/4 defense even if it is multiple, I think he would be better in a true 4/3 but who knows, actually I have changed it now for the Texans getting Hutchinson instead of Stingley but have not updated it yet till I get the order more accurate.  

7 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Nice to see some fresh names I haven’t really seen mocked before. Gives me some more guys to watch. 

I have added some new names this week and actually changed the mock but might wait a little to update it till the order is correct which it has changed already.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

WR would be a good choice for them but safety also makes sense and if Hamilton falls would be hard to pass on him.   And not sure Hutchinson is a fit with a 3/4 defense even if it is multiple, I think he would be better in a true 4/3 but who knows, actually I have changed it now for the Texans getting Hutchinson instead of Stingley but have not updated it yet till I get the order more accurate.  

I have added some new names this week and actually changed the mock but might wait a little to update it till the order is correct which it has changed already.  

Kyle Hamilton is a one of a kind prospect so I'd be good with him even though safety isn't a huge need for us at the moment. 

Considering Hutchinson is in basically a 3-4 now with a DC that came from the Ravens and we have a lot of the same concepts since our DC also came from the Ravens, I'm not really that concerned with his fit with us especially considering that the guys we have now have a variety of skillsets and body make-ups. Hutchinson is a fit. I've posted this before, but I think Hutchinson would fit into a similar role to how we use Dawuane Smoot & Jihad Ward where they're a bit of a tweener role at EDGE (playing both down and standing up). 

WR is need #1 though

5 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Kyle Hamilton is a one of a kind prospect so I'd be good with him even though safety isn't a huge need for us at the moment. 

Considering Hutchinson is in basically a 3-4 now with a DC that came from the Ravens and we have a lot of the same concepts since our DC also came from the Ravens, I'm not really that concerned with his fit with us especially considering that the guys we have now have a variety of skillsets and body make-ups. Hutchinson is a fit. I've posted this before, but I think Hutchinson would fit into a similar role to how we use Dawuane Smoot & Jihad Ward where they're a bit of a tweener role at EDGE (playing both down and standing up). 

WR is need #1 though

Not sure I would call that Michigan D a true 3/4 right now.  Sure Ojabo could easily play in a 3/4 OLB and does drop into coverage at times but with Colson playing better at LB they have him Ross and Hill-Green but usually just have two LBs out there.  Then on the DL with Hutchinson, Hinton, Jenkins etc with Ojabo playing end but also dropping into coverage at times, is more like a 3/3/6.  But sure a lot of defenses are multiple and cannot just be considered one thing or the other, but still not sure Hutchinson would be best in a true 3/4 just like Nick Bosa, sure Bosa could play in a 3/4 OLB but is better on the line consistently with two solid interior DTs next to him and a rusher on the other end.  

With the Jaguars having Allen and Chaisson who I feel ideally they want as their OLBs in that 3/4, and the inside with Roy-Robertson, Bryan, Gotsis, Malcolm Brown, DaVon Hamilton, Jay Tufele and Smoot not sure transitioning to a 4/3 would happen and all those DL are more of a 3/4 type DL and I still feel putting Hutchinson with that group not sure that makes a lot of sense but maybe they could make it work if they totally want to give up on Chaisson as a consistent starter at OLB.  Still with Allen as more the consistent power rusher and opposite Hutchinson, not sure that works because who drops in coverage, Chaisson has good potential in coverage as a dropping OLB but maybe they are not pleased with him potentially and are seeking a replacement guy.

28.    Green Bay Packers - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB 
    29.    Buffalo Bills   - Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
    30.    Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR QB
    31.    Tennessee Titans -  Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR TE
    32.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE

For the Packers, I'd be looking at Edge, WR, TE.

CB and DT are also possible. 

That means I'd take Karlaftis first, then Wydermyer, then a WR, over an ILB.

For the first time in a long time the Packers are pretty decent at ILB and better-than-decent at S.

If all of these Packer fans get their way, Detroit will gladly take Dean.  The guy is a stud and would fill a big hole.  I am guessing he goes top 15 though when its all said and done. 

As for the draft now, I like it for Detroit.  KT seems like a given and if Corral drops that far I would be all for it.  

• Like 1