7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If all of these Packer fans get their way, Detroit will gladly take Dean.  The guy is a stud and would fill a big hole.  I am guessing he goes top 15 though when its all said and done. 

As for the draft now, I like it for Detroit.  KT seems like a given and if Corral drops that far I would be all for it.  

Yeah, love it for the Lions. Certainly can't complain about grabbing both of those players.

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

28.    Green Bay Packers - Nakobe Dean Georgia JR ILB 
    29.    Buffalo Bills   - Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
    30.    Detroit Lions via (Los Angeles Rams) - Matt Corral Ole Miss RS JR QB
    31.    Tennessee Titans -  Jalen Wydermyer Texas A&M JR TE
    32.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   - George Karlaftis Purdue JR DE

For the Packers, I'd be looking at Edge, WR, TE.

CB and DT are also possible. 

That means I'd take Karlaftis first, then Wydermyer, then a WR, over an ILB.

For the first time in a long time the Packers are pretty decent at ILB and better-than-decent at S.

True Edge could make more sense but I still feel NFL is changing towards more athletic ILBs like the Ravens have, that have more range in space and coverage potential.  Sure they have a ILB but outside of Campbell it is pretty weak and is why they brought in Jaylon Smith who clearly did not turn out or is all washed up.

Karlaftis I have heard as a 3/4 OLB type but not sure he fits that bill, they already have a big strong OLB I think they would want a little more athletic ability off the other edge.  Will be curious what the Packers do but ultimately it depends on Rodgers, because if he is gone then QB is totally in play.  And at TE why when they have Tonyan unless they are not willing to pay him, but I assume they love that guy, and Deguara is not too bad as a developmental guy, sure in the later rounds though makes sense.  

Also could be kind of foolish to reach on a edge guy unless they really love the dude because there are an absolute ton of them they could take in the later rounds 2nd to 3rd and beyond.

Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR
Amare Barno VirginiaTech RS JR
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State
Jermaine Johnson Florida State
Sam Williams Ole Miss
Adam Anderson Georgia
Tyreke Smith Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS
Boye Mafe Minnesota RS
Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
Owen Carney Jr Illinois
Tre Williams Arkansas RS
Will McDonald IV Iowa State RS JR
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS
Jesse Luketa Penn State
Christopher Allen Alabama RS
Ali Gaye LSU
Andre Anthony LSU RS
Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR
Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina
Xavier Thomas Clemson
Drake Jackson USC JR
Michael Clemons Texas A&M

Sure not all are great 3/4 OLB prospects but a ton of them could pull it off is asked, well technically all of them could if Karlaftis can but still kind of question that.  Baldonado, Foskey and Ojabo all could pull off a 3/4 OLB better than Karlaftis I would guess.

Guys like Anthony, Gaye, Cox, Gunter could totally fill a 3/4 edge void but sure one could say the same for ILB but there are not a ton of speed ILBs like Dean around.  There are a decent amount of solid ILBs but none are really like Dean in this class.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, Ozzy said:

Karlaftis I have heard as a 3/4 OLB type but not sure he fits that bill, they already have a big strong OLB I think they would want a little more athletic ability off the other edge.  Will be curious what the Packers do but ultimately it depends on Rodgers, because if he is gone then QB is totally in play.  And at TE why when they have Tonyan unless they are not willing to pay him, but I assume they love that guy, and Deguara is not too bad as a developmental guy, sure in the later rounds though makes sense.  

The Packers clearly like their EDGE on the bigger side.  Their top 3 EDGE (Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith, and Rashan Gary) are all 260+ pounds.  I believe the only EDGE they have under 250 is Tipa Galeai, and he's been a PS for the majority of his career presumably to get his weight up.  The last twitchy EDGE they drafted was Clay Matthews, but recent years has them favoring the bigger EDGE.  Karlaftis is a near perfect fit.

5 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Where is Ikem Ekwonu?

He is a RS SOPH I believe so not sure he declares this year but would help the OL class overall if he does.

Dawand Jones, will see if he declares, if he does he could be a sleeper pick for being a mid to late 1st round OT prospect just like his teammate on the other side.  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

22.    New England Patriots -  Chris Olave Ohio State SR WR
    23.    Kansas City Chiefs - Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS SOPH DE  
    24.    Arizona Cardinals - Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR CB

BB will take CB here. Jackson contract is up and after him, they have nothing close to a SD CB. I would not take a WR or RB in the 1st round.  QB, LT and CB  are the building block for success.

• 1 month later...

For doing the first two rounder this year, absolutely the top OL and WR are going to go fast and when they are gone in these first two rounds there is a gap in there with talent, same could be said arguably after the top corners selected.   Each position go around 7-10 or so deep and after that there is a drop off and I would not feel super confident selecting some of them in the 2nd round beyond that original group.  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

2022 NFL Mock Draft
    25.   Cincinnati Bengals - Zion Johnson Boston College RS SR OG/OT
    57.  Cincinnati Bengals - Derion Kendrick Georgia SR CB
    89.  Cincinnati Bengals - Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS SR DE

I don't see the Bengals taking a G in round one.  If they go IOL, it'll be a center, and I don't think Johnson has the length for tackle in the NFL

Love the Kendrick pick in rd 2

Don't know if i'm sold on Thomas in rd 3. He looks the part, but only one year of production makes me nervous, and the Bengals are getting Joseph Ossai back next year who looked fantastic in the preseason before he got hurt.

44 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't see the Bengals taking a G in round one.  If they go IOL, it'll be a center, and I don't think Johnson has the length for tackle in the NFL

Don't know if i'm sold on Thomas in rd 3. He looks the part, but only one year of production makes me nervous, and the Bengals are getting Joseph Ossai back next year who looked fantastic in the preseason before he got hurt.

Agree with the round 1 take, seems too high for Johnson anyway. 

not a huge fan of Kendrick but a corner is definitely high on the list. 

I love Thomas in round 3

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Saw a few Oklahoma games this year and the only standout on that dline I saw was Winfrey.

Isaiah Thomas is a legit 6-5 265+ and has had two straight seasons of 8 sacks, Winfrey arguably was only good this past year and at no other time on OU and most of that was because of Bonitto and Thomas and Grimes on the edges and Redmond in the middle who is arguably more talented than Winfrey.  Don't get me wrong Winfrey is good but could benefit more for having a suspect DT class where he could go higher than he probably should be.

Take last years draft which was not great at DT, no way I take him over Milton Williams who was a 3rd round pick, or even Daviyon Nixon who was a 5th round pick, not sure I would take Winfrey over him and be totally sure he is a better player.  

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Very true, that pick was a hard one for me, originally I had them going CB but then looking at that OL that is pretty rough especially with Reiff most likely out, could go Kinnard or Faalele there for a RT, but that interior is pretty bad and center makes sense but I think Hill has potential and no center would be worth a late 1st round pick once Linderbaum is gone.  

Zion is a great player though and with a good workout should be a 1st round pick.  "He allowed just one sack in 2,288 career snaps with the Eagles and had just four blown blocks in 756 snaps this season. "  One sack in that many career snaps is absolutely insane and wildly impressive!

Overall it's a solid draft for the Falcons we hit some needs and get some solid players can't complain to much with it on the update. 

I will say though Malik Willis falling to us in round 2 is VERYYYYYYYY TEMPTING he is my #1 QB in this class and is the only QB i have in the top 15 picks.  Wouldn't take him top 10 but in the 12 to 15 range i think he is a solid choice.  In round 2 he is so far BPA that i think i might take him and sit him for a year behind Ryan.   Wouldn't trade up for any QB as we have to many other needs but  Jordan Davis and Malik Willis would be 2 pretty dang good picks back to back.

Edited by FalconFan13

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Overall it's a solid draft for the Falcons we hit some needs and get some solid players can't complain to much with it on the update. 

I will say though Malik Willis falling to us in round 2 is VERYYYYYYYY TEMPTING he is my #1 QB in this class and is the only QB i have in the top 15 picks.  Wouldn't take him top 10 but in the 12 to 15 range i think he is a solid choice.  In round 2 he is so far BPA that i think i might take him and sit him for a year behind Ryan.   Wouldn't trade up for any QB as we have to many other needs but  Jordan Davis and Malik Willis would be 2 pretty dang good picks back to back.

I actually kind of re-thought that Atlanta pick since then, might go with Ahmad Gardner to Atlanta, they need a CB badly and Jordan Davis is good but not sure he works out great so he could drop a bit in the draft, no way is he a Vita Vea type athlete where he almost runs a sub 5.0 40 and benches 225 41 times but will see.

In terms of Malik, it would be a huge risk taking him in the 1st round, against Ole Miss the best competition he faced all season, he threw 3 INTs and was sacked 9 times, some were his fault in terms of those sacks.  Sure looked great against Eastern Michigan in the bowl game but not sure he could hang against top flight competition, but until he rips it up at the Senior bowl or something not sure I take him that high.

Sure he had poor OL play most of the year and not great receivers but at the level of competition he plays at he should destroy teams and did not always do it.  And is a team going to totally build around him like Lamar?  Who knows, I doubt it but would almost have to, then again Kyler has been hurt most of the year and struggled late and Lamar was injured the later part of this year so this running QB thing might always be the best idea.

If he is there 2nd round yeah but other teams ahead of Atlanta could take him the Texans, Broncos and Washington if Washington does not go QB 1st round.  But sure maybe I have him drop a bit far in that 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I actually kind of re-thought that Atlanta pick since then, might go with Ahmad Gardner to Atlanta, they need a CB badly and Jordan Davis is good but not sure he works out great so he could drop a bit in the draft, no way is he a Vita Vea type athlete where he almost runs a sub 5.0 40 and benches 225 41 times but will see.

In terms of Malik, it would be a huge risk taking him in the 1st round, against Ole Miss the best competition he faced all season, he threw 3 INTs and was sacked 9 times, some were his fault in terms of those sacks.  Sure looked great against Eastern Michigan in the bowl game but not sure he could hang against top flight competition, but until he rips it up at the Senior bowl or something not sure I take him that high.

Sure he had poor OL play most of the year and not great receivers but at the level of competition he plays at he should destroy teams and did not always do it.  And is a team going to totally build around him like Lamar?  Who knows, I doubt it but would almost have to, then again Kyler has been hurt most of the year and struggled late and Lamar was injured the later part of this year so this running QB thing might always be the best idea.

If he is there 2nd round yeah but other teams ahead of Atlanta could take him the Texans, Broncos and Washington if Washington does not go QB 1st round.  But sure maybe I have him drop a bit far in that 2nd round.

I would keep Davis there over Sauce i have Davis ranked higher and like him better as a prospect.  But i also agree on the no QB in the 1st i wouldn't touch one for the Falcons at all in the 1sst round.  Even though Malik is my highest rated QB and the only top 15 one to me i still wouldn't want him round 1.  Falcons have to many other needs that are more needed and imo better players than malik.   Only reason i was on board with Malik in round 2 is the value there for him was awesome to me if he did drop like you had him do here.     But yeah i'll keep Davis over sauce easily and theirs a few more people i would take there over Sauce i don't have him as a top 10 pick and i think we need help on the D-line way more than a CB.