7 Round 2022 NFL Mock Draft Updated (Post Combine)

Ozzy

32 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Daxton Hill a 2nd round pick?  How much you want to bet that does not happen.

Dude can play and could play CB as well, I am not as sold on those Falcons safeties as you seem to be, but sure Gardner could be an option there as well.  Still until Jordan Davis is amazing at the combine, not sold on him going that high in the draft unless he works out great physically which could be a hard one for him, will see.  

I'm not disagreeing that safety is a need here. But I don't know if the coaching staff views it that way. I don't think they need to use a No. 8 overall pick on a guy for teh position if they can get a starting CB, OG, WR, something that holds more positional value. Dax Hill is not that guy that is so good that he can just usurp more talented players like Ahmad Gardner or Jordan Davis. 

And I will gladly bet $50 that Dax Hill is a 2nd round pick OR LATER. 

Gardner makes a helluva lot more sense. So does Stingley. So does Booth. So does Davis. So do any of the 7 guys you had go before the Falcons pick. 

The point I'm making is that while Hill can play, you are the only person I've seen in the entire draft sphere say he can be anything more than a 2nd round pick. And my own watching of him after seeing you put him top 10 says that he's not that guy who is worth reaching on. Hill at 43 to Atlanta? Hell yeah, Sounds good. Hill at 8? Give me what you're smoking.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm not disagreeing that safety is a need here. But I don't know if the coaching staff views it that way. I don't think they need to use a No. 8 overall pick on a guy for teh position if they can get a starting CB, OG, WR, something that holds more positional value. Dax Hill is not that guy that is so good that he can just usurp more talented players like Ahmad Gardner or Jordan Davis. 

And I will gladly bet $50 that Dax Hill is a 2nd round pick OR LATER. 

Gardner makes a helluva lot more sense. So does Stingley. So does Booth. So does Davis. So do any of the 7 guys you had go before the Falcons pick. 

The point I'm making is that while Hill can play, you are the only person I've seen in the entire draft sphere say he can be anything more than a 2nd round pick. And my own watching of him after seeing you put him top 10 says that he's not that guy who is worth reaching on. Hill at 43 to Atlanta? Hell yeah, Sounds good. Hill at 8? Give me what you're smoking.

I do not know what a draft sphere is, what you have paid subscriptions to ESPN insider info or paid subscriptions to other places?  I do not know what reading others options and play it off as your own means.  

I could honestly care less about what others are saying, Daxton Hill is easily the 2nd best safety in the draft and arguably a top 5 DB in the draft and NFL is a DB hungry league so I would be shocked if he is not taken in the 1st round.  Kid could easily play corner, cannot say that about the top 5 safeties in the draft, maybe Smoke Monday could play corner but that is about it and even he could not do so as easily as Hill could.  

As for the $50 bet, I would be stealing your money so I am not a fan of stealing.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I do not know what a draft sphere is, what you have paid subscriptions to ESPN insider info or paid subscriptions to other places?  I do not know what reading others options and play it off as your own means.  

I could honestly care less about what others are saying, Daxton Hill is easily the 2nd best safety in the draft and arguably a top 5 DB in the draft and NFL is a DB hungry league so I would be shocked if he is not taken in the 1st round.  Kid could easily play corner, cannot say that about the top 5 safeties in the draft, maybe Smoke Monday could play corner but that is about it and even he could not do so as easily as Hill could.  

As for the $50 bet, I would be stealing your money so I am not a fan of stealing.  

Ok. If that’s how you want to play it. I don’t even use ESPN for draft stuff. I watch my own film too. And he’s not good enough for even close to the top 50 as a CB

Edited by scar988

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ok. If that’s how you want to play it. I don’t even use ESPN for draft stuff. I watch my own film too. And he’s not good enough for even close to the top 50 as a CB

So I am dense yet you view my work a lot and insert your own opinion as if you even formulated it yourself, sure you might know a lot about the Atlanta Falcons and their needs as a team, so.  If you know so much more, then why don't you do it?  Takes a lot more work than you think but sure freaking anyone can copy and paste from Draft Network or some other computer generated program with a previously made list.  This entire thing I made the list and have been doing so for months, but no I just pulled it all out of my butt waiting for your opinion out of the subject?  

Daxton Hill is an absolute super star defensive back, his quickness to react in tackling is outstanding, how he breakdowns his steps from back pedal to attacking the ball is elite.  He would be a far above average tackler as a corner and he is a far above average coverage man as a safety.  He would easily be a top 50 corner and last time I checked only 35-40 corners are even drafted in the NFL usually.  Overall I am not all that concerned about your opinion on Daxton Hill because there is nothing to back it up or any proof it is even an original thought coming from you.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Daxton Hill as a top 10 pick is nuts. I'd be surprised if he made it into the first round too. There are a lot of better players in the draft. 

Have you opinion, but when he runs a 4.3 to 4.4 40 and does outstanding in the ball drills few will doubt him anymore.  And if you have not already seen that while he was on Michigan, then you were not paying that close of attention.  Dude has been elite and a very high level player for three years now and since when is versatility as a defensive back a bad thing?  

Yeah people did not like Budda Baker either coming out, "too small" but dude was a super star then and a big time playmaker with great versatility.  Hill is not quite as quick as Budda was but has better power and overall size.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Have you opinion, but when he runs a 4.3 to 4.4 40 and does outstanding in the ball drills few will doubt him anymore.  And if you have not already seen that while he was on Michigan, then you were not paying that close of attention.  Dude has been elite and a very high level player for three years now and since when is versatility as a defensive back a bad thing?  

Yeah people did not like Budda Baker either coming out, "too small" but dude was a super star then and a big time playmaker with great versatility.  Hill is not quite as quick as Budda was but has better power and overall size.  

Yeah, so it sounds like we’re on. $50. By the way, I help run a site but can’t post which site here because Webby has already gotten into me about that. And getting on with a team is really ******* hard and pays basically nothing. I’m making much more money now in my day job. Feel free to be wrong tho. 

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So I am dense yet you view my work a lot and insert your own opinion as if you even formulated it yourself, sure you might know a lot about the Atlanta Falcons and their needs as a team, so.  If you know so much more, then why don't you do it?  Takes a lot more work than you think but sure freaking anyone can copy and paste from Draft Network or some other computer generated program with a previously made list.  This entire thing I made the list and have been doing so for months, but no I just pulled it all out of my butt waiting for your opinion out of the subject?  

Daxton Hill is an absolute super star defensive back, his quickness to react in tackling is outstanding, how he breakdowns his steps from back pedal to attacking the ball is elite.  He would be a far above average tackler as a corner and he is a far above average coverage man as a safety.  He would easily be a top 50 corner and last time I checked only 35-40 corners are even drafted in the NFL usually.  Overall I am not all that concerned about your opinion on Daxton Hill because there is nothing to back it up or any proof it is even an original thought coming from you.

I'll be posting up a mock draft tomorrow at the site I write for. See if you can spot it.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah the Falcons new updates picks are pretty ugly this time around i can't sign off on it at all.  F for the Falcons this go around homie.  I like maybe 2 of them in total and 1 of them that i like i still feel is about a round to early.

The guy he gave us at No. 8 is that guy for me. Hill is a great fit for the team, but at 8, he's not worth the pick. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, MikeT14 said:

No doubt. 

Or I guess they could go OT, curious what they think of Lucas, Cosmi and Leno and or Charles long term at OT.  The interior seems solid at least, pretty nuts that D was not better but they did have a lot of injuries.  

Still Carson Strong has as good of a throwing arm as any QB in the draft, granted might not fit the scheme they are trying to run, maybe they would need a QB who can run more because their weapons offensive are pretty weak especially at WR but Logan Thomas was hurt at TE which was a big loss.  Maybe WR could be another option if they really like a guy.  

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Or I guess they could go OT, curious what they think of Lucas, Cosmi and Leno and or Charles long term at OT.  The interior seems solid at least, pretty nuts that D was not better but they did have a lot of injuries.  

Still Carson Strong has as good of a throwing arm as any QB in the draft, granted might not fit the scheme they are trying to run, maybe they would need a QB who can run more because their weapons offensive are pretty weak especially at WR but Logan Thomas was hurt at TE which was a big loss.  Maybe WR could be another option if they really like a guy.  

Cosmi is probably pretty entrenched at RT. Leno just signed a 3 year extension. 

Scherff is probably gone at RG.

Rivera specifically mentioned a QB that could use this legs some too.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Scherff is probably gone at RG.

Scherff is hopefully a Cinicnnati Bengal next year.  We have a ton of room and we'll get about $12 million more if we cut Trae Waynes.  Sign Scherff and a RT, draft a CB rd 1 would be my plan if I was Duke Tobin.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ozzy said:

54.   New England Patriots - Leo Chenal Wisconsin JR ILB

I can't agree with this at all. You have them taking a 2 down LB over DT that can play and worked with Barmore and a WR that can play inside and out that Mac knows from the jump. Also the Pats stink at taking a WR, it pretty much a given that they would finally hit with Metchie, already a PRO, pretty much a can't miss prospect.

59.   Green Bay Packers - Phidarian Mathis Alabama RS SR DE/DT
  60.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS JR DE/OLB 
  61.   San Francisco 49ers - Matt Hankins Iowa SR CB
  62.   Cincinnati Bengals - Vincent Gray Michigan SR CB
63.   Denver Broncos via (Los Angeles Rams) - Sean Rhyan UCLA JR OT
  64.   Kansas City Chiefs - John Metchie III Alabama JR WR

123. New England Patriots - Mario Goodrich Clemson SR CB
124. Baltimore Ravens via (Arizona Cardinals) - Josh Jobe Alabama SR CB

You made a misstake hear. you meant to put Jobe with the Pats. They way Sabans talks about him there is no way BB doesn't take him. Also he's better than Goodrich

Edited by m haynes