Garoppolo to San Francisco

Apparition

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Na. Right move, win win trade. Saw a tweet saying BB doesn't look to outright win trades but wants win win so teams are more willing to trade with the pats. Interesting to me at least. Seems so right but I always thought you tried to steal players.

That's very interesting. Makes sense if you plan on building a competitive team from top to bottom. You really want to avoid having too many teams refusing to trade with you. Jimmy does l really good though, and I just wonder how good he would look under centre with the pats!! Do you buy the talk regarding Craft refusing to let BB drop Brady?

On 12/29/2017 at 5:21 PM, tonyto36 said:

Just heard a clip of Greg Bedard hinting at that the circumstances of JG's trade will be revealed this offseason and there is a bit more to it than just Belichick just decided to trade him then.  An interviewer said something along the lines of "my guess is that Kraft intervened and said Brady is staying" and Bedard responded with a non-answer that basically said yes.  

Bedard is a loser. I used to love when he first went on Felger and Mazz but he's fallen into their shtick. 

55 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Bedard is a loser. I used to love when he first went on Felger and Mazz but he's fallen into their shtick. 

Didn't you say this same thing about Felger citing a source that the C's were still going hard after Davis?  A week later - numerous reports how the Celtics call the Pelicans weekly.

You have to sort out the "hot takes" with when they put their names on the line and claim something.  If you don't think Bedard has legit sources or feels the need to rumor monger to make a name for himself, I don't know what to tell you.  They're both very secure in their jobs and have no need to do that like low level reporters do. 

And I vehemently disagree about Bedard being like F&M.  

21 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Didn't you say this same thing about Felger citing a source that the C's were still going hard after Davis?  A week later - numerous reports how the Celtics call the Pelicans weekly.

You have to sort out the "hot takes" with when they put their names on the line and claim something.  If you don't think Bedard has legit sources or feels the need to rumor monger to make a name for himself, I don't know what to tell you.  They're both very secure in their jobs and have no need to do that like low level reporters do. 

And I vehemently disagree about Bedard being like F&M.  

Nah, I just don't believe everything I read/hear. Especially when it comes to professional trolls like Felger, Mazz, and Bedard. I'm sure Jonathan Kraft's buddy let good ol' Greg Bedard know that Kraft forced Jimmy G out the door! Made BB trade him! Riiiiiight. You know how many "numerous reports" have come out about the Celtics trading for X, Y or Z player over the last 4 years? How many have actually happened? I'm sure these are the same reporters who said we're trading for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Felger doesn't have "sources". No one feeds that troll.

This is the same Bedard who just this week said that the coaching staff "didn't prepare this team during TC". They finished 13-3 and the #1 overall seed. The same Bedard who said Dion Lewis wasn't going to make this roster.

He's gone full Felger and Mazz. He's terrible. You can believe the nonsense these guys spew but I'm not that naive.

26 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Nah, I just don't believe everything I read/hear. Especially when it comes to professional trolls like Felger, Mazz, and Bedard. I'm sure Jonathan Kraft's buddy let good ol' Greg Bedard know that Kraft forced Jimmy G out the door! Made BB trade him! Riiiiiight. You know how many "numerous reports" have come out about the Celtics trading for X, Y or Z player over the last 4 years? How many have actually happened? I'm sure these are the same reporters who said we're trading for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Felger doesn't have "sources". No one feeds that troll.

This is the same Bedard who just this week said that the coaching staff "didn't prepare this team during TC". They finished 13-3 and the #1 overall seed. The same Bedard who said Dion Lewis wasn't going to make this roster.

He's gone full Felger and Mazz. He's terrible. You can believe the nonsense these guys spew but I'm not that naive.

It has nothing to do with believing everything you read or hear and using common sense and deduction.  

Do you seriously believe Bedard doesn't have legit sources?  Really?

Felger didn't say "DAVIS TRADE IMMINENT".  He stated that the C's were actively still pursuing Davis - which you thought was nonsense - and it was proven and corroborated as fact a week or two later.    

Felger was also the first person to say that after the kickoff rules changes, the Patriots were planning on pooch kicking it.  He also cited a source on that one.  I think that was pretty clearly correct. 

They were talking about coaching gaffs, and I think week 1 vs KC (which is what he was talking about) was pretty accurately a massive coaching disaster.  Richards and Branch playing massive snaps.  Wise not on the field.  Gilmore, Rowe, Butler and the safeties all making MASSIVE communication errors and giving up wide open chunk plays.   If you don't think week 1 was a coaching disaster, i don't know what you were watching or what could possibly qualify.  

You are just flat out wrong.   F and M do their trolling, but just like Stephen a Smith and Skip Bayless, they're not going to put out their good name and claim things from sources when they've "made it" and state things that could be easily called out as a lie by players/execs when they have no need to.   Their credibility is everything, and they don't need to source anyone to state their opinion and get ratings and get paid.  If you can't see why they have NOTHING TO GAIN from lying about sources and THEIR ENTIRE CAREER TO LOSE by quoting sources, I again, don't know what to tell you because your ability to read situations and evaluate is clearly at an inferior level.  

I've never heard Bedard or Felger claim a source and not have it end up 100% true.  

On 03/01/2018 at 5:18 PM, iothar said:

Na. Right move, win win trade. Saw a tweet saying BB doesn't look to outright win trades but wants win win so teams are more willing to trade with the pats. Interesting to me at least. Seems so right but I always thought you tried to steal players.

Quick questions...

... Is it likely that there is more to the trade than we know? Like some sort of agreement on anything extra that could come our way? Or do they have to disclose all the details of the trade?

... Also who is the qb we should be targeting in next year's draft?

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

People are throwing Luke Falk out there

I am still privy to Baker Mayfield. 

Trading up for Mayfield would be awesome. 

Also hoping to win Power Ball one of these days.

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Trading up for Mayfield would be awesome. 

Also hoping to win Power Ball one of these days.

He has a lot of hype around him right now, but a lot of teams have him as a 2nd or third round grade. Trading up might not be necessary but it only takes one and QB's tend to get reached. 

Archived