49ers Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

GW21

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Crap you beat me! lol I just posted the same 

Haha. Yeah I just saw yours as well. Pretty surprising if you ask me. Kind of dashes my hopes for Rosen, but at least we didn't give up a ton for him. Might be a quicker road to winning some games. 

I was hoping we'd draft a QB, but this move allows us to get an elite talent with our first pick to possibly help out Garoppolo. I'm still a little bit shocked tbh. Hopefully they don't try sending him out there before Trent and Joe are back or he may be headed to the IR pretty quick himself. 

I kinda called this one a few days ago. I really like this move. Jimmy has a lot going for him 

Not sure I like essentially giving up a first round pick, but I guess he's better than anyone we would draft at that spot. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I kinda called this one a few days ago. I really like this move. Jimmy has a lot going for him 

Not sure I like essentially giving up a first round pick, but I guess he's better than anyone we would draft at that spot. 

Yeah, it could be our other 2nd rounder we got from the Saints as well. Let's just hope he's not Matt Cassell. 

This is pretty stellar news if you ask me. We already have another 2nd round pick. We now have a QB to build around. And - we'll have a first round pick that we can spend on a lineman. 

The only odd part of this is - it's hard to tell where we'll end up in the draft order. We may not end up drafting high enough to get a monster trade back if Garoppolo plays well right away. 

Just now, ninerfanwheelz said:

I would have given a 3rd for Jimmy. Bit much for my taste, but really need to see the details of the extension now

3rd would have been better given that he's still technically an unkown quantity, but at least we had the two 2nd round picks. So that helps quite a bit. 

This is very strange. A trade like this during the middle of the season. So I wonder when we can expect to see him play in a game. Also, I wonder if Shanahan and Lynch were thinking about the upcoming QB class. Maybe their scouting department just figured the guy they were looking for wasn't going to be available this year. And what about Cousins? Maybe they figured no way in hell Snyder wasn't going to let Cousins come to SF? 

Also, what does this do now for our first pick of the draft? Barkley? Or trade down? 

Archived