Bears 2022 Wide Receiver Watch

soulman

34 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Nobody thought we could get Fields and Jenkins either. It happens every year.

No one knew about Jenkins' back issues (except teams) which is why he fell. Fields was going top 15 regardless

It will take injury concerns or failed drug tests for Olave or Wilson to fall to 38-40, and in that case, I want neither specifically if it's the former

Edited by beardown3231

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Also as much as Olave dropping would be great for obvious reason the one I would be ecstatic about dropping would be Treylon Burks...dude is a beast.

I'll have to take your word on it.  I haven't watched Burks enough this year to have an opinion. I have heard and read alot of good things about him though.

It's possible a top WR drops with the way this class is shaping up as top-heavy on defense. And while the QB class may be weak, there will always be desperate GMs/teams looking to save their jobs.  This may push those a couple of WRs down the line.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No one knew about Jenkins' back issues (except teams) which is why he fell. Fields was going top 15 regardless

Fields was a consensus top-3 pick by anyone worth listening to and he fell.  Almost everyone pegged Jenkins as a 1st round talent and I dont care why he fell....he still fell. Hence my point, players fall all the time. And not just for injuries either.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It will take injury concerns or failed drug tests for Olave or Wilson to fall

You say this as if it's a fact.  You don't have a crystal ball.

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'll have to take your word on it.  I haven't watched Burks enough this year to have an opinion. I have heard and read alot of good things about him though.

It's possible a top WR drops with the way this class is shaping up as top-heavy on defense. And while the QB class may be weak, there will always be desperate GMs/teams looking to save their jobs.  This may push those a couple of WRs down the line.

Fields was a consensus top-3 pick by anyone worth listening to and he fell.  Almost everyone pegged Jenkins as a 1st round talent and I dont care why he fell....he still fell. Hence my point, players fall all the time. And not just for injuries either.

You say this as if it's a fact.  You don't have a crystal ball.

Who's worth listening to? IMO the best draft analyst is Dane Brugler and he had Fields as the #8 player. Either way, the should-be #3 pick falling to 11 isn't as big of an upset as the should-be 10th or 12th overall pick falling to 38. Again it'll take a big character flaw or injury concern

Want to place a wager? Those 2 guys + Williams are the top 3 receivers. They won't be there in the 2nd round

Edited by beardown3231

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

What about Mike Williams to replace Allen Robinson. Even if they get him I still think a WR needs to be drafted. 

Williams would be a solid pick up...for me it depends on the new HC...Kellen Moore give me Gallup...if it's McDaniels or Daboll...I love the fit of Christian Kirk in that offence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I say we copy the Burrow/Chase connection

If he lasts until our 2nd round pick I would surely grab him.  The connection between him and Fields is already there.

The two positions we absolutely should be "double dipping" on in FA and the draft are WR and CB.  There is no way the secondary or the receiver core should be left as undermanned as they are now.  Both positions are an Achilles Heel.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, soulman said:

If he lasts until our 2nd round pick I would surely grab him.  The connection between him and Fields is already there.

The two positions we absolutely should be "double dipping" on in FA and the draft are WR and CB.  There is no way the secondary or the receiver core should be left as undermanned as they are now.  Both positions are an Achilles Heel.

Agreed. The new regime is going to have their work cut out for them for sure while trying to get Fields more playmakers and rebuilding the defense ( who is old and may lose Hicks too.  Barring a miracle it isn't going to happen all in one year either. Especially with the lack draft capital. We can get over 60M in cap space but how it's used is anyone's guess until we know for sure whose going to steering the ship next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Agreed. The new regime is going to have their work cut out for them for sure while trying to get Fields more playmakers and rebuilding the defense ( who is old and may lose Hicks too.  Barring a miracle it isn't going to happen all in one year either. Especially with the lack draft capital. We can get over 60M in cap space but how it's used is anyone's guess until we know for sure whose going to steering the ship next year.

With the cap allegedly rising, that helps the Bears' case too

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soulman said:

Unfortunately safety and center are also areas of need--although, obviously, the Bears shouldn't have to "double dip" there. It's hard to envision ARob coming back, at the salary he wants, anyway. Which sucks and all, but the Bears need cap space. Whoever is the GM this next off-season has their work cut out for them. The Bears could end up a playoff team next year, but are probably two years away from being a LEGIT playoff team. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We can get over 60M in cap space but how it's used is anyone's guess until we know for sure whose going to steering the ship next year.

As I've said many times in the past--I'm somewhat out of the loop this year, not following stuff the way I normally do (the baseball lockout was a total surprise to me).

That being said--can we really get $60 mil freed up? That isn't bad at all, and much better than I anticipated. Pace, or whoever, could get some work done with that. Even if they extend Smith, there's still a difference making amount of money left over...

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

As I've said many times in the past--I'm somewhat out of the loop this year, not following stuff the way I normally do (the baseball lockout was a total surprise to me).

That being said--can we really get $60 mil freed up? That isn't bad at all, and much better than I anticipated. Pace, or whoever, could get some work done with that. Even if they extend Smith, there's still a difference making amount of money left over...

It’s not nearly as good as it sounds because many other teams will have more space and fewer needs to fill.

Bears have comparably less money and more needs.