Bears 2022 Wide Receiver Watch

soulman

5 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Cleveland and Denver have both their starting CBs for next season, Denver also has their WR slots filled

CLE doesn't have their WRs positions filled (Rashard Higgins is a FA) and Denver doesn't have their CBs pos filled either . Surtain and Darby are the only 2 under contract. Fuller, Callahan, Hariston, and Ford are all FAs and every team needs 3 CBs just like every team needs 3 WRs. 

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

No he wasn't.

He absolutely was.

Counting on him as an NFL starter without spending at OT would be a significant risk.

Yeah every coach would agree to give up on him and sign/draft a replacement because he might get injured. GTFO lol. I guess we should replace Fields too because he might get injured. This ridiculous notion is about the dumbest thing you have posted yet and certainly not even worth debating.

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

CAR, CIN, DAL, LAR, MIN, NYJ, PHI, SEA, NO all have their top 2 WRs locked for 2022.

But Thomas is coming off a significant injury so shouldn't the Saints be looking for an expensive replacement? Or is this something else that only applies to the Bears?

Not only is this wrong (Tre'Quan Smith and Jamison Chowder) but now it's only top 2 WRs? Lol Jesus how many times are you gonna move the goal post?  First it was cap space and how the Bears were the worst and that got shutdown. Then it was each team needs based on your own ego and that got shutdown. Then it was CBs and that got shutdown. Then it was WRs. Then it was CBs AND WR. And now it's only top 2 Wrs and draft picks.

The mental gymnastics you keep on playing to try to fit your narrative is getting embarrassing at this point. And to make matters worse you have not provided one single thing to backup any of your claims. Nothing. What's next, the Bears are in the worst spot because they don't have enough players named Matt?

Since you feel your arrogant opinions are undeniable facts based on this fantasy world you've created in your mind then I'm just let you enjoy wonderland while I stick to reality.

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

CLE doesn't have their WRs positions filled (Rashard Higgins is a FA) and Denver doesn't have their CBs pos filled either . Surtain and Darby are the only 2 under contract. Fuller, Callahan, Hariston, and Ford are all FAs and every team needs 3 CBs just like every team needs 3 WRs.

Facts are good, so much that I didn't mention Clevelands WRs. So now we have to go past the two starting CBs to have it filled, I guess the goal posts can keep moving on your facts.

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The mental gymnastics you keep on playing to try to fit your narrative is getting embarrassing at this point. And to make matters worse you have not provided one single thing to backup any of your claims. Nothing. What's next, the Bears are in the worst spot because they don't have enough players named Matt?

Nope.....it's all due to massive voter fraud.  Of course there's nothing to back that up either but if there was it would sure be a thing wouldn't it?  🤣

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:44 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

Yep, I can see him getting something similar to Tyler Boyd's 4/43 extension deal. 8M in year 1 and 10M in years 2, 3, and 4.

A 5/50 deal could play out much the same way. 6M in year 1, 8 in year 2, and 10 in years 3, 4, and 5. That's pretty cheap for a guy with his upside.

What do you guys think about Juju Smith? I wouldn't mind a 3-5 year deal for him either. He was supposed to be AB's replacement and fell short of expectations so far but you can't deny the mans talent and potential.  He's about to become a free agent if the Steelers don't extend him by February or if wants to test the market. Both are possibilities. Last year he turned down 9M offers from KC, BAL, GB, and PHI to stay with the steelers but then felt slighted when they offered a 1/8 deal.

I like Juju but he’s not in the same tier as Gallup for me. Gallup might be a #1 if given the chance to be (which he never was in DAL). I think Juju works best as a complementary piece. Both would be nice adds. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I like Juju but he’s not in the same tier as Gallup for me. Gallup might be a #1 if given the chance to be (which he never was in DAL). I think Juju works best as a complementary piece. Both would be nice adds. 

I've liked Michael Gallup ever since he was a draftable rookie.  Not many CSU guys make NFL rosters but even as a college WR you could tell he had NFL level talent.  I wish we would have drafted him ourselves.

If our objective is to replace ARob as our #1 WR I don't see how trying to do it with a kid Darnell Mooney's size will accomplish that.

Gallup is smaller than ARob but at 6'1" plus and 200lbs he's not a little guy and I believe he has the better traits you'd want out of a go to type WR.  He's more quick and deceptive than outright fast which is OK because you have Mooney and possibly Goodwin or Grant for deep threats.  Gallup is more like ARob in that he's a "go up and get it type" with great hands and an ability to work his cover off him to get open.  If we're looking to replace ARob with someone with a similar skill set Gallup would be high on that list.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He absolutely was.

From this article:

• In speaking with sources at seven teams, none of them had a first-round grade on him. Five of those teams graded him in Round 2. The other two teams had in the third round. Even though Jenkins is not a consensus first-rounder, multiple team sources think he has a shot at going late in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.
  • "We have him in the second," said a NFC director of college scouting. "There is some guard projection in there as well. I think the athletic ability and traits will push him up boards for teams that need an offensive tackle. Isaiah Wilson went in the first last year. Late in the first, some teams take guys that have second-round grades."
  • "I think he goes early [in Round 2]," said a national scout. "He's an odd dude and might quit on you, but has all the tangibles."

From Sports Illustrated:

• It is his combination of size, athleticism and physicality that could allow him to be in the first-round conversation.

From Athlon:

• Final Grade: 2nd round

I could go on but I think I've illustrated the point.

Yeah every coach would agree to give up on him and sign/draft a replacement because he might get injured. GTFO lol. I guess we should replace Fields too because he might get injured. This ridiculous notion is about the dumbest thing you have posted yet and certainly not even worth debating.

Nowhere in my post did I suggest giving up on him. I said the Bears need to bring in quality competition.

I'm not sure why you're creating a false equivalence with Fields. One guy has actually played. The other hasn't. One guy had a significant injury. The other hasn't. There is simply no comparison. You are creating a fictional one.

But Thomas is coming off a significant injury so shouldn't the Saints be looking for an expensive replacement? Or is this something else that only applies to the Bears?

Thomas is an already proven NFL superstar. Jenkins is a rookie with no NFL tape. I'll let you figure out why the comparison isn't suitable.

Not only is this wrong (Tre'Quan Smith and Jamison Chowder)

The Saints will have a top 2 of Calloway and Thomas. The Jets will have a top 2 of Davis and Moore. These are guys already on the roster playing as starting WRs.

but now it's only top 2 WRs?

If we consider top 3 WRs, then the Bears need 2. That simply adds to their list of needs.

First it was cap space and how the Bears were the worst

Who are you arguing with? This was never said. It was never even implied.

Then it was CBs and that got shutdown. Then it was WRs. Then it was CBs AND WR. And now it's only top 2 Wrs and draft picks.

It's always been CBs, WRs, and several other needs. Let's lay out some of the facts:

• The Bears have some of the worst starting CBs in the NFL
  • The Bears are set to lose 4 of the top 5 WRs on their roster
  • The Bears also have a number of starters to sign at other positions (RG, OC, DT, SS)
  • The Bears have less draft capital then all but 2-3 teams

This was all pointed out to demonstrate why the Bears' cap space will be stretched more than many teams.

I am not sure what about these statements has been "shutdown." You say facts matter to you. These are the facts.

Since you feel your arrogant opinions are undeniable facts based on this fantasy world you've created in your mind then I'm just let you enjoy wonderland while I stick to reality.

You're projecting.

Edited by abstract_thought

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Officially on the Draft George Pickens bus. Watched this like 25x and it’s awesome every time. 

I love the guy but given he has signed a deal with Tom Brady's clothing brand I think he will be staying in college (best for his wallet, health and draft stock)...speaking of insane blocking WRs Chris Autman-Bell is also staying in school with is a real disappointment.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I love the guy but given he has signed a deal with Tom Brady's clothing brand I think he will be staying in college (best for his wallet, health and draft stock)...speaking of insane blocking WRs Chris Autman-Bell is also staying in school with is a real disappointment.

FWIW he can wear his TB12 gear in the NFL too. I’m gonna hold out hope (probably foolishly) that he’s in the draft until he confirms he’s not. Even if we don’t land him it would push others down to us. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW he can wear his TB12 gear in the NFL too. I’m gonna hold out hope (probably foolishly) that he’s in the draft until he confirms he’s not. Even if we don’t land him it would push others down to us. 

Aww I didn't think that was part of the NIL deal he signed...could be interesting after the National Championship game then.

Looking at current draft board rankings, I think WR makes a ton of sense with pick 39....

I feel like depth at the position dries up earlier than the past few years, and I think there's a good chance we can land a good prospect early.  

I haven't gone super deep dive on film, but Dotson- Penn State is a guy that I'm more and more intrigued by. Smaller and shifty, but he's got fantastic hands, and can extend out to grab the ball.  He's also a track star who should time well and a polished route runner.  His big negative is 5ft11in 185 lbs, but he doesn't look frail on film.

Grab him and Zay Flowers a bit later, (EDIT Zay Flowers is going back to school for 2022) then come back and grab Alec Lindstrom-Boston college for competition against mustipher..... I havent been able to find a better center in the draft yet that isn't the Iowa kid we'd have to trade up for

Edited by Epyon