Week 10 2021 - GDT - Saints (5-3) @ Titans (7-2)

Mid Iowa

As we've hit the Half-way point of this weird football season, our beloved Saints still have no identity, and we're off to face a tough competitor in Tennessee today.

The post-Brees era has shown us a few things:

• Kamara IS our offense, and he's out today with a knee issue.
  • Everything we've done over the last 15 years is basically out the window
  • When our Defense is "on" we're going to win. When they're "off" we're going to lose, period.
  • Everything we've thought over the past few seasons - regarding our scouting team - is true. They are awesome!

So, our anemic offense (without Kamara and Winston) vs. The Flaming Thumbtack's so-so defense
and
Their top 10 offense (without Henry) vs. our #6 Defense.

If we can shut down their running game, which hasn't lost a beat after losing Derrick Henry, we stand a chance. Of course, we've not been able to generate much pressure on opposing QB's, so hopefully we can change that. I'm anxious to see what Dennis Allen has dialed up to not only shut down their run, but also create pressure. A tall task when we consider we're still thin at secondary, and our #2 CB is a rookie.

And what can Siemian do with another full week of practice with the #1's, and does Vrabel's team have enough film on Trevor - after 1.7 games - to be able to put a plan in place to combat him other than "pressure".

This one's a tough call, and should be a fun game to watch.

Saints Out:
CJ Gardner-Johnson
Alvin Kamara
Terron (Glass Brother #1) Armstead

Titans Notable:
Tannehill missed practice with an "illness"
Julio Jones missed practice with a hamstring

2 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

quick thought so far: this was already going to be low scoring for obvious reasons but something about this field makes me think it's going to be even tougher to break big plays in space. Honestly don't know if that works for or against us.

against

2 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

quick thought so far: this was already going to be low scoring for obvious reasons but something about this field makes me think it's going to be even tougher to break big plays in space. Honestly don't know if that works for or against us.

hmm... I'm enough of a veteran to know that a comment like this is just an auto-jinx. My bad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm too old & fragile now. The only thing I can do is kick, and our kicking game is the best part of our team right now.

14 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

hmm... I'm enough of a veteran to know that a comment like this is just an auto-jinx. My bad.

Ugh, I guess I need to learn from your example 🙄

Edited by Mid Iowa
  • Like 1