Week 10 2021 - GDT - Saints (5-3) @ Titans (7-2)

Mid Iowa

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

We should cut Brian Johnson and bring in CB or WR help, we can just go for broke each drive knowing we don’t have a kicker 

Sounds very highschoolish. Just go for 2 every time. I like it!

Edited by Mid Iowa

The offense is gonna have to get going early.  You can't trash for three quarters and try to cram a bunch of points in the 4th.  Miracle comebacks aren't that common for reasons.

Our kickers have blown balls and will tank our season if poor offense doesn't do it first.

3 hours ago, Dome said:

We should cut Brian Johnson and bring in CB or WR help, we can just go for broke each drive knowing we don’t have a kicker 

Or we could bring Chad Johnson out of retirement and have what's probably not much worse all in one package.

• Like 1

Given that we're missing many key players who would be big contributors, I'm pretty impressed with this squad. I see them hovering around .500 +/- 1 game for the rest of the season and even get a surprise win or two.

What kind of backwards world is this when Kwon Alexander is relatively healthy but no one else is 😅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that we overachieved this week...and we still lost. I think that pretty much are what we are at this point. We are just a meh football team. We are good enough to win some games...but we aren't a contender. It's been a nice run though.

I don't think we really over reached. I think some people played really well, others didn't. When you have a kicker miss 2 PAT's and you lose by 2 on the road to the #1 team in the AFC while missing 5 offensive starters, I actually think we under achieved. Just think how this would have gone if we had focused receivers and TE's.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

hmm?

That certainly didn't really translate the way it was in my head.
We had guys play really well, others didn't. I think the guys that played well did exactly what they were supposed to do, and that's why they're on the team. The guys that didn't well, they under achieved and we lost.

Either way, it's just an opinion. 
Frankly, I was pretty thrilled with the performance of Siemian, Ingram, Calloway (for the most part), and our D-line. The rest, meh.

• Like 1

I didn’t take any “underachieving” or “overachieving” thoughts away from the game, not in the general sense anyways.

The fact that we have Siemian throwing to a bunch of nobodies, backed up by an emergency RB, and playing behind an OL that has clearly taken a step back this year and we didn’t get stomped, that is really impressive. We went into that game without our top 4 offensive players and still took them to the final possession. 

That said, we beat ourselves in many ways that have already been discussed. Some guys played really well, some didn’t play well at all.

All that said, tryint to make any sort of judgement about what kind of a team we are without considering the injuries is short sighted IMO, especially when you consider we were 5-2 without Thomas even playing a snap and our defense dealing with a carousel of injuries.

• Like 2