A Thought Experiment On Changes To Make

Thaiphoon

2 hours ago, Woz said:

If we're trading Trent now, I want something in the now timeframe, not a year-from-now timeframe.

You can't deal Trent without getting a first though. Otherwise just keep him. You'll never find anyone as good to replace him. He may not be a HoF but he has that kind of ability. 

Hell, I’d never date a 29 year old!!!! That’s old!! :)

Seriously, his best days were 3 years ago. 

Trent has been a great player. He’s a top 3 pass blocker LT. a top 15 run blocker. But we aren’t going to win the super bowl now. We are 3 years away if we make the needed front office and coaching changes. He’s 32-33 then. Sell his rights at his peak to prepare us for the time we can actually win. It’s hard, I know, but necessary 

look at the astros as an example. They tanked several years and now won the World Series. Being medium is worse than being bad. I’d rather seriously tank with a chance to be great instead of bring a perpetual 8-8 team.

8-8  is like kissing your sister-wouldn’t you rather kiss this? 420bd5f2f52c1c895a4e395d59172232.jpg

13 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

8-8  is like kissing your sister

No, kissing your sister is a tie. Yeah you sort of scored, but it's your sister.

8-8 is the round before the "last call" round. You realize you aren't going get a prize, but you at least get something out of it before being left with only the dregs.

Archived