A Thought Experiment On Changes To Make

Thaiphoon

21 hours ago, mike23md said:

I was just suggesting, no blood no foul right? 

Like I said, your own time your own thing. It's all good. As best as you know she's not blood, so there you are. Might make for awkward holiday dinners (being each other's plus one and all), but to each their own.

21 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Tickets to Vikings game as low as $20 a ticket. At this rate Danny is going to be giving tickets away when you buy gas. How he has ruined this once great franchise 

Greed and stupidity ... a great combo to destroy value in anything.

I’d really like to see us bring the majority of the band back together next year for another run.  Give Gruden another chance with a healthy roster, sign cousins to an extension, bring the majority of the roster back.

Sign a legitimate #1 wr in FA, draft another Dlineman in the first, take a starting RB in the 2nd and get a LG candidate in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Sign a legitimate #1 wr in FA, draft another Dlineman in the first, take a starting RB in the 2nd and get a LG candidate in the 3rd.

Only legitimate #1 WRs in FA would be Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Sammy Watkins, and Allen Robinson. Maybe you include Eric Decker, Mike Wallace, or Danny Amendola?

@MKnight82

I can understand this although I do enjoy verbally bashing Dumbo! Even more fun when he was fat and dumb. It sucks when we have to keep changing everything and 8-8 and 9-7 is a lot better than we have had over the Danny years.

He’s no longer the worst coach in the NFL as he has improved. But he is far from the best coach- we do have an excellent DL coach now  and very good position coaches on defense. 

Gruden’s strengths are the players seem to like him, he delegates responsibility to the unit coaches, and he is “ the devil we know”.  I can’t think of any other strengths. I’m not crediting him with QB development as this may have been Kyle and McVay.  Dalton in Cinn was pro ready out of college. 

weaknesses- too soft on players ( perhaps this is why players like him?) resulting in them NOT being in peak condition and or being ready to start the season, he has a very predictable offensive game plan,  terrible at in-game adjustments ( Gibbs was the best ever),  his offenses are terrible in the red zone and a lot of this is due to his scheme, play designs and play calling. His in game management including clock management and using timeouts is really bad.

Its hard to judge until you compare him to others. Having any woman is better than not getting any :). Of the 32 head coaches I rank him as better than 5  Jackson from Cle by far the worst HC. Followed by Macadoo doo, Then Arians, Fox, Gase, 

Can we attract a better new coach with Danny and his butt boy Allen? That’s a legitimate question. My dream is Danny sells the team. But if not, My advice has been to clear out Allen and Gruden and then we have a chance for success greater than - “ hey we don’t suck as bad as we used to”. 

I would Bruce Arians eleven times out of ten over Jay Gruden. Heck make it fifteen times out of ten.

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Can we attract a better new coach with Danny and his butt boy Allen? That’s a legitimate question. My dream is Danny sells the team. But if not, My advice has been to clear out Allen and Gruden and then we have a chance for success greater than - “ hey we don’t suck as bad as we used to”. 

With Allen there, no, we cannot.

With Allen gone, perhaps, but it will depend on who the new GM is.

And as much as he might wish for it, Snyder's only letting this team go when he's buried six feet under/cremated.

Not so sure Danny is here till he “buys the farm.”

Upwards of 50% of each teams revenue is from national and local TV. Ratings are down significantly as they mishandled the anthem protests. That could lead to a drop of 50-75m in each teams revenue with a 10-15% reduction from media. That’s real money and a major reason a growing number of franchise owners are ticked off at Goodell for crapping the bed on his handling of this issue. He could have finessed this so much better or simply defused the situation ( ignored the protests, directed TV not to show the anthem or simply play the anthem before players come into the field etc...) or more directly by helping the millionaire “protesters” understand that no workplace allows personal protests while you are in a company owned facility.  Completely mishandled this. 

The Redskins and Danny are heavily leveraged ( debt financing) based on the value of the team.  Decreasing revenue means decreasing team valuation. This is the only positive- does he love his money more than owning the redskins? 

On 11/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

I just can't get behind the trashing of Jay Gruden. He has been a good sport with all the craziness he's dealt with when it comes to the RG3 situation, the Kirk situation, the roster turnover, the front office debacles, etc. He isn't the best coach and he has his flaws, but the team has been in almost every game we've played, which is saying something for an organization with our recent history. The team plays hard and with passion/pride and outside of the devastating injuries this year, we've been able to move the ball with the best of em. I think continuity is very important in this league, so its hard to see a better situation where a new guy comes in.

Nevertheless, nothing matters if you don't trust that the guys making decisions are competent. 

Bump

31 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:
On 11/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

I just can't get behind the trashing of Jay Gruden. He has been a good sport with all the craziness he's dealt with when it comes to the RG3 situation, the Kirk situation, the roster turnover, the front office debacles, etc. He isn't the best coach and he has his flaws, but the team has been in almost every game we've played, which is saying something for an organization with our recent history. The team plays hard and with passion/pride and outside of the devastating injuries this year, we've been able to move the ball with the best of em. I think continuity is very important in this league, so its hard to see a better situation where a new guy comes in.

Nevertheless, nothing matters if you don't trust that the guys making decisions are competent. 

Bump

Honest question: 1-32 with #1 being the best, where would you rank Gruden?

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

The Redskins and Danny are heavily leveraged ( debt financing) based on the value of the team.  Decreasing revenue means decreasing team valuation. This is the only positive- does he love his money more than owning the redskins? 

Do we know that they're heavily leveraged? Keep in mind Snyder bought them for $750M and the team is now worth $3.1B (https://www.forbes.com/teams/washington-redskins/ ). Said webpage had their debt/value ratio at 8% (includes stadium debt).

Forbes' valuation of the brand saddens me.

Archived