Jump to content

Is It Time for A QB Change?


Recommended Posts

 

 

4 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

This is the year they should be trying guys imo. I don't know why they even wanted Goff... everyone knows what he's got. Now stuck with his bs money..good job. I'd rather go 0-16-1 with literally anyone else.. 

Lions can cut/trade him after June 1st next year and save like 10 million. Still... dumb move to pay him more before he's played a down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

 

 

Lions can cut/trade him after June 1st next year and save like 10 million. Still... dumb move to pay him more before he's played a down.

That 10 million might go a long way to signing a new place holder. 

You know, it’s Lions luck to be leading the way to a first overall pick and no QB worth the selection at this point. I don’t see that changing. It would’ve been nice for them to have the option of drafting a QB or trading the pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2021 at 11:37 AM, Lions017 said:

Boyle is at least worth a look.

Boyle can really spin a ball and has had 3 years to develop his NFL skills. First under McCarthy; then Luke Getsy, Aaron Rodgers and Matt LaFleur
He may have some first- game jitters, but hang in there on Boyle - I'm not alone in singing his praises -  NFC North scouts are solidly in his corner too.

"Opponents haven’t seen much of Boyle since his 109 snaps in the 2019 exhibition season, but they seem to really like him nonetheless.
For two years, personnel from the NFC North have been singing his praises despite the small sample size.

“Maybe I’m messed up, but I’m a fan of his,” said one scout. “I like the way he throws the ball. I like his decision-making. Obviously I haven’t seen much in the regular season, but I think the guy has some upside. Everything I’ve seen in the preseason I really like. I think they’re seeing something in the guy, too. I think they feel comfortable with him in the offense if he had to go in there. He’s a really, really interesting guy.”


Good Luck

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Lions017 said:

Boyle is at least worth a look. Dude has a strong arm and can probably do a few things that Goff can't - although I'd also expect him to make more mistakes. He's at least interesting. Blough is...blah. 

Not sure on this point. Goff doesn't process things quickly enough on the field which leads to mistakes by not making throws/plays. He's really a bad NFL quarterback. If I'm a Lions fan I'd rather loss with somebody cheap at QB than a guy who is costing what Goff is costing. 

It's unfortunate for Lions fans there is not a quarterback that is probably worth a top 5 pick this year. Your front office shouldn't force it. Go get Thibodeaux or trade down for a ransom of picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Shanedorf said:

Boyle can really spin a ball and has had 3 years to develop his NFL skills. First under McCarthy; then Luke Getsy, Aaron Rodgers and Matt LaFleur
He may have some first- game jitters, but hang in there on Boyle - I'm not alone in singing his praises -  NFC North scouts are solidly in his corner too.

"Opponents haven’t seen much of Boyle since his 109 snaps in the 2019 exhibition season, but they seem to really like him nonetheless.
For two years, personnel from the NFC North have been singing his praises despite the small sample size.

“Maybe I’m messed up, but I’m a fan of his,” said one scout. “I like the way he throws the ball. I like his decision-making. Obviously I haven’t seen much in the regular season, but I think the guy has some upside. Everything I’ve seen in the preseason I really like. I think they’re seeing something in the guy, too. I think they feel comfortable with him in the offense if he had to go in there. He’s a really, really interesting guy.”


Good Luck

Based on his lack of anything such as accuracy, presence, reading defences he isn’t good for much other than a bus ticket out of town.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, Old Guy said:

Not sure on this point. Goff doesn't process things quickly enough on the field which leads to mistakes by not making throws/plays. He's really a bad NFL quarterback. If I'm a Lions fan I'd rather loss with somebody cheap at QB than a guy who is costing what Goff is costing. 

It's unfortunate for Lions fans there is not a quarterback that is probably worth a top 5 pick this year. Your front office shouldn't force it. Go get Thibodeaux or trade down for a ransom of picks. 

So, who do you think would give value for the pick without a QB worth it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

So, who do you think would give value for the pick without a QB worth it?

There is always somebody who falls in love with a QB they have to have. Look no further than what San Fran gave up last year for the 3rd pick. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to take Thibodeaux at #1 at this point. He's not been dominant this year. 

You guys need a lot of things so trading down a couple of time and getting a ton of picks for this year and next is the way to build. You aren't winning with the QB's you have on the roster, but you also can't force a pick for a QB and blow it. That is worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

There is always somebody who falls in love with a QB they have to have. Look no further than what San Fran gave up last year for the 3rd pick. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to take Thibodeaux at #1 at this point. He's not been dominant this year. 

You guys need a lot of things so trading down a couple of time and getting a ton of picks for this year and next is the way to build. You aren't winning with the QB's you have on the roster, but you also can't force a pick for a QB and blow it. That is worse. 

Every year Lions fans want a trade down. It never materializes and won’t this year either. There simply isn’t the value to move to number one. If there were a QB worth taking I would hope the Lions stay put.

Someone may fall in love with a QB but I expect a trade into the top ten would be sufficient. There’s absolutely no reason to move to number one for a QB this year and if a GM does that they should be unemployed because they allowed emotion to overcome intelligence.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Every year Lions fans want a trade down. It never materializes and won’t this year either. There simply isn’t the value to move to number one. If there were a QB worth taking I would hope the Lions stay put.

Someone may fall in love with a QB but I expect a trade into the top ten would be sufficient. There’s absolutely no reason to move to number one for a QB this year and if a GM does that they should be unemployed because they allowed emotion to overcome intelligence.

Again, I GM and coach fall in love with A guy, they go get him. See, Trey Lance from last year. The way the draft played out the 9ers could have gotten a couple of what looks like very good quarterbacks. They wanted their guy and went and got him for a steep price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Based on his lack of anything such as accuracy, presence, reading defences he isn’t good for much other than a bus ticket out of town.

Please send him packing. Put the poor guy out of his misery. As long as the Lions surround their QBs with crap, they're not going to get much out of the position. If they want better next year, go get some damn WRs and improve the OL (which, to be fair, probably would have been good if not for the injuries to Ragnow and Decker).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...