The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

This was a big game for everyone. Chance to take the lead in the AFC west and control their destiny the rest of the way. What ended up happening ranks among the the worst performances this team has ever had. An outright beating in all phases. 

What we learned:

This was the beginning of the end of the "Gruden 2.0-era". Davis can comfortably clean house now. Zero reason to consider keeping anyone.

Bissacia got his shot and proved to be a weak HC. Punting when you're down 3 scores this week. Kicking FGs in goal to go situations last week.

Josh Jacobs is moving into bust territory. If he's not injured, he's playing and doing much of anything. Where is the guy we saw as a rookie?

Where is Darren Waller? He's hardly being targeted throughout the season. 

Linebackers.... still suck in coverage. 

Johnathan Abram - Still sucks in general.

Can someone explain why the lights seemingly go off with this team every November?

• Like 1

Offense is officially garbage now biggest game of the year and only 1 td the first half. I think announcer said we were 1-5 on third down first half garbage. 1-9 for the game with 5 punts. 

defense tried but when you keep giving the ball back to pat he’s eventually gonna wake up

secondary got torched

maxx got held at least 5 times 

josh is useless 

leatherwood plays like a 3rd rounder 

djax wtf was that 

every mf November this shish happens then I start watching the warriors 

blow the whole team up

and on Charles Woodson night 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Offense is officially garbage now biggest game of the year and only 1 td the first half. I think announcer said we were 1-5 on third down first half garbage. 1-9 for the game with 5 punts. 

defense tried but when you keep giving the ball back to pat he’s eventually gonna wake up

secondary got torched

maxx got held at least 5 times 

josh is useless 

leatherwood plays like a 3rd rounder 

djax wtf was that 

every mf November this shish happens then I start watching the warriors 

blow the whole team up

and on Charles Woodson night 🤦🏽‍♂️

Aside from the D trying, 100% agree. 

I'll give it this- they might "try", but they aren't good, nor is the scheme. 

Max, Yan, Mullen*, Hobbs, Moehrig are the only parts I want back next year. Maybe Facyson, but he's a depth guy, not a starter. 

Our interior D-line is still Swiss cheese. Our LB corps would've worked well in 1985. They can't cover worth a damn. And Abram is such a liability it's pathetic. He's garbage. And anyone who is a backup is on career life support. 

Offensively....the O-line isn't good outside of Miller. Parker and Leatherwood are trash. They suck. Bad. They're not good at professional football. 

Jacobs is a bust imo. Dude runs like Tarzan and flops like a drunken Jane upon contact. LeGarrette Blount 2.0. Dude has no moves and can't break a tackle. He's a short yardage plodder. I doubt he starts on any other team. 

Why we don't use Waller and Moreau is beyond me. 

The WRs ... Renfrow is solid. Edwards has flashes. Heck, Zay has flashes. But right now, Edwards and Jones are flash play guys. They're not consistent. They're good depth guys at best.

DJax can take a hike. That was pathetic. I've never seen anything that egregiously stupid in my life, and I've done criminal law ffs. Lol

2020 defense showed up. Not much we can do when that happens. The fact Crosby didn't get much pressure against their 3rd string RT was concerning. Why we didn't go at him all game is concerning as well. I know we don't blitz much but what a chance to catch the Chiefs off guard. We barely touched Mahomes all game. One-dimensional on offense yet again and Carr was constantly getting pressured. Not a good game all around but the trenches are where the blame lies here. Abysmal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Aside from the D trying, 100% agree. 

I'll give it this- they might "try", but they aren't good, nor is the scheme. 

Max, Yan, Mullen*, Hobbs, Moehrig are the only parts I want back next year. Maybe Facyson, but he's a depth guy, not a starter. 

Our interior D-line is still Swiss cheese. Our LB corps would've worked well in 1985. They can't cover worth a damn. And Abram is such a liability it's pathetic. He's garbage. And anyone who is a backup is on career life support. 

Offensively....the O-line isn't good outside of Miller. Parker and Leatherwood are trash. They suck. Bad. They're not good at professional football. 

Jacobs is a bust imo. Dude runs like Tarzan and flops like a drunken Jane upon contact. LeGarrette Blount 2.0. Dude has no moves and can't break a tackle. He's a short yardage plodder. I doubt he starts on any other team. 

Why we don't use Waller and Moreau is beyond me. 

The WRs ... Renfrow is solid. Edwards has flashes. Heck, Zay has flashes. But right now, Edwards and Jones are flash play guys. They're not consistent. They're good depth guys at best.

DJax can take a hike. That was pathetic. I've never seen anything that egregiously stupid in my life, and I've done criminal law ffs. Lol

Offense was 1-5 on 3rd down first half and 1-9 for the game. defense would’ve had to pitch a shut out to keep us in the game. T.o.p. Was lopsided. 

I’m just as frustrated as everybody else but I think the fire everybody because we completely suck narrative is going a bit far. The reality is that we were very competitive for the first 40 minutes of the game. Cleveland got blown out by the Patriots yesterday but they are still a good team. 

The D-Jax fumble was the straw that broke the Camel’s back and the beginning of the Snowball effect. I’m not ready to give up on this team quite yet. The Chiefs were overdue for a wake up game and this was it. This team is very resilient and I think we bounce back next week and beat the Bengals. 

• Like 1

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m just as frustrated as everybody else but I think the fire everybody because we completely suck narrative is going a bit far. The reality is that we were very competitive for the first 40 minutes of the game. Cleveland got blown out by the Patriots yesterday but they are still a good team. 

The D-Jax fumble was the straw that broke the Camel’s back and the beginning of the Snowball effect. I’m not ready to give up on this team quite yet. The Chiefs were overdue for a wake up game and this was it. This team is very resilient and I think we bounce back next week and beat the Bengals. 

The reason for concern is Olson's playcalling and Carr's attitude in the 2nd half. It was exactly what Olson is known for so there's no reason to think it will change. Carr looked like he has nothing left to give.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Carr looked like he has nothing left to give.

This dude shoulders soooo much regarding this team and I have to feel like this season has been very hard for him to handle, emotionally. Honestly, he's a solid guy and if you've got a daughter, probably the guy you want her to bring home but I'm wondering if him being this way is just making this far too overwhelming for him. If he's emotionally drained, this season's over. I fear that might be the case.