The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Like... really?

A conspiracy-minded individual might think that it looked like the Chiefs were blocking/holding Maxx like they already knew they weren’t gonna get called for it…..

Regardless: In most professions, you would get fired for a horrendous job performance like this. Refs apparently don’t have to worry about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

OahuRaider has been on twitter a while. His football knowledge is pretty mediocre in my opinion. That being said, yes Carr is not the best improviser. But watching the game, the OL mismatch and inability for Olsen to be aggressive really hurt the team. Jackson should have played every snap at WR, even if he was just a decoy.

Oh yeah I would just chopped down his quote to Carr when he improvises that was the main point. I’m down to having Carr stick around 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders lack any identity on offense. Ruggs wasn’t the best WR in the NFL but what he did opened up a lot of things on offense for everyone. Last night was just embarrassing and to have it happen at home makes it even more embarrassing. This is all not a bad thing but it sucks and hurts cause we’re in the now but this is better long term cause this will force turnover that is needed with the front office and actually go get a HC. 

A lot of 5th year year options that won’t get picked up but take out hits and hire a real GM and HC 

The have no Oline. Can't create space in the run game which makes things difficult. They suck in pass pro only masked when Carr can get the ball out quick. 

Waller has become a bit of an after thought. Moreau had a nice game in relief of Waller and is back to being completely ignored in the offense. The last 2 games things have completely collapsed for the offense. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The have no Oline. Can't create space in the run game which makes things difficult. They suck in pass pro only masked when Carr can get the ball out quick. 

Waller has become a bit of an after thought. Moreau had a nice game in relief of Waller and is back to being completely ignored in the offense. The last 2 games things have completely collapsed for the offense. 

We need an innovative offensive coach. Look at Reid's play calling masterclass. We need someone who's gonna use their personnel well and adjust game after game.

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

The part of his movements when buying time and improvising is why I posted this basically how I feel. If he takes a sweetheart deal then go build that expensive line again 

Carr admitted as such. Said Zay was set up to have a huge game but he couldn't get to his spots with the pressure. In other words, I can't play off script. 

It's been my issue with Carr for years. Things have to be perfect around him for him to find rhythm and execute. Apply pressure, make him move and he has no answers for it. It's why the red zone offense is so poor. He can't create when he doesn't have what he wants.  

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need an innovative offensive coach. Look at Reid's play calling masterclass. We need someone who's gonna use their personnel well and adjust game after game.

Agreed. But you have to have the right QB in that offense. Mahomes doesn't give up on many plays and creates when things break down. Carr simply isn't that guy. Gruden had tried to get more of that out of him in that area and couldn't. He is who he is there and it's detrimental to the team. 

People compare Carr to Stafford and Ryan. Both those guys are fearless, don't go down on contact and make off schedule plays consistently.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. But you have to have the right QB in that offense. Mahomes doesn't give up on many plays and creates when things break down. Carr simply isn't that guy. Gruden had tried to get more of that out of him in that area and couldn't. He is who he is there and it's detrimental to the team. 

People compare Carr to Stafford and Ryan. Both those guys are fearless, don't go down on contact and make off schedule plays consistently.

I think Carr does fine off schedule. Again he's not a world beater in that area, but he can make every throw. The issue is, the Raiders offense is too up tight and gets penalized in key moments year after year. It's comical. 

Plus, how many time in the last year have you watched a play call and said "wow I've never seen that" or "wow, that was so innovative". I'm still waiting. Reid does it 4 or 5 times a game. Especially in the red zone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This offense runs on a deep threat. The one time Jackson is kinda open deep, Carr hits him. The Ruggs loss was huge. It freed up Waller, opened up checkdowns, and made everyone's life harder.

The more people deny it the more I'll keep bringing it up.

I agree. Ruggs was more of a loss for what he did to Safeties than he was for his actual production.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m just calling everything how I see it. He sucked in the giants/bears games. This was nowhere near that.

Its a sickness in Football...when a team wins a QB is elite / MVP / generational, when you lose the QB is trash, the problem etc. The fact of the matter is that neither are often true as there are so many variables in a game the QB does not affect.

• Like 4