The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Honestly how carr plays, good or bad is irrelevant to me. We been doing the same thing for 8 years now. New coaches, new gms, new coordinators. All building around carr. Start all the way over. New gm coach and qb. Resigning carr to a massive deal and trying to build a team around that with limited talent gonna get us to 7-10 to 9-8. It's time to be number 1 pick bad for a year. Build up resources and start from there. Carr going to move us from bosa to ferrell. He to good to be completely awful with him. 

I’m not opposed to it but If that’s the route we go then I’d want to make wholesale changes this off-season, evaluate the QB class of 2023, and trade Carr to secure the assets to get our guy. 

I think we can get at least a 1st and a 2nd for Carr (top 10ish QB) and possibly 2 1sts from teams like New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Washington (he’ll maybe even Denver). 

No more half-*** rebuilds. Either we finish strong and make the playoffs and go with continuity or completely blow it up and start from near scratch (keep Moehrig, Renfrow, Crosby, Miller, Edwards, Mullen, Cole, Waller, and Moreau). 

Was really hoping the new defensive personnel would turn some of these guys around in the secondary but they just flat out stink. Abram is just another Karl Joseph and Perryman is another Kirk Morrison.

Be glad when the Gruden stench is off this team. Bring in dynamic offensive minds and more aggressive defensive coaches. Carr era looks over too.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

And abandoning the running game. RBs had 11 carries. Of course you can't run when you're down 3 scores in the 4th but at 24-14 or 27-14, the run is still an option. RBs aren't gonna look good when they only get a handful of carries.

I think josh is too slow for outside run plays he’s not going to consistently beat guys to the edge leaving only between the tackles runs for 2 yards a pop. Drake dam near had more yards on one run than josh all game 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This offense runs on a deep threat. The one time Jackson is kinda open deep, Carr hits him. The Ruggs loss was huge. It freed up Waller, opened up checkdowns, and made everyone's life harder.

The more people deny it the more I'll keep bringing it up.

We should've paid Nelly.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Some of you said Carr needed to be extended for $35M+, dude collapses down the stretch every season.

I don’t extend him as it stands. His contract is good until he proves it isn’t. He’s playing well this year but he needs to elevate this imperfect team to be worth the money qb’s are getting now.

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Honestly how carr plays, good or bad is irrelevant to me. We been doing the same thing for 8 years now. New coaches, new gms, new coordinators. All building around carr. Start all the way over. New gm coach and qb. Resigning carr to a massive deal and trying to build a team around that with limited talent gonna get us to 7-10 to 9-8. It's time to be number 1 pick bad for a year. Build up resources and start from there. Carr going to move us from bosa to ferrell. He to good to be completely awful with him. 

What building have we actually done though?
I get what youre saying though, we are stuck in middle ground with Carr. I dont think we ever game him a real team, but an elite qb wouldve got us to playoffs a few more times..but no real chance in p/os. The one or two horrible games Carr has a year always cost us. This year was Chi and Giants, He was awful. 

9 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

In the end he saw what happened to big bro and it’s not like Carr is 6’5 240 a Big Ben or Cam. I get it he’s cautious and takes soft sacks. If new management wants to roll with him than beef up that oline like Reg did and get him a Nick Chubb type Jacobs ain’t it IMO

I am not saying he needs to be a tough guy but rather prep to be calm under pressure.  I never want to see my QB backpedaling and trying to throw at the same time.  That is the type of stuff I would get angry at a high school QB for doing.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think josh is too slow for outside run plays he’s not going to consistently beat guys to the edge leaving only between the tackles runs for 2 yards a pop. Drake dam near had more yards on one run than josh all game 

Our OL is buns but yeah, Jacobs has always been so slow.

Some of the knee jerk reactions here are pretty extreme.

Two weeks ago everyone was singing Gus Bradley's praises. One bad game against possibly the most explosive offense in the NFL and he's being pilloried. 

Gus Bradley has turned us from statistically an all-time terrible defence to middle of the pack, that is an amazing transformation in one year with limited FAs and resources. Our pass rush didn't do well but this year it's been night and day to years past. What were guys expecting?

We'll have some bad games, that must be expected but we still need higher quality players at certain positions and we do have injuries to guys like Mullen. The defensive coaching has been great IMO and people wanting to blow that side of the ball up are not in touch with reality IMO and don't have realistic expectations.

I certainly want Gus Bradley back next year with a couple more FAs and draft picks to work with. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Some of the knee jerk reactions here are pretty extreme.

Two weeks ago everyone was singing Gus Bradley's praises. One bad game against possibly the most explosive offense in the NFL and he's being pilloried. 

Gus Bradley has turned us from statistically an all-time terrible defence to middle of the pack, that is an amazing transformation in one year with limited FAs and resources. Our pass rush didn't do well but this year it's been night and day to years past. What were guys expecting?

We'll have some bad games, that must be expected but we still need higher quality players at certain positions and we do have injuries to guys like Mullen. The defensive coaching has been great IMO and people wanting to blow that side of the ball up are not in touch with reality IMO and don't have realistic expectations.

I certainly want Gus Bradley back next year with a couple more FAs and draft picks to work with. 

nope sky is falling.  destroy stadium

• Like 1

Carr went 8 of 9 for 26 yards on throws behind the LOS. That's under 3 yards/att. Might as well just run it when that's the results you're getting. And you might want to throw it to Drake if you want to use those kind of plays.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1