The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Some of the knee jerk reactions here are pretty extreme.

Two weeks ago everyone was singing Gus Bradley's praises. One bad game against possibly the most explosive offense in the NFL and he's being pilloried. 

Gus Bradley has turned us from statistically an all-time terrible defence to middle of the pack, that is an amazing transformation in one year with limited FAs and resources. Our pass rush didn't do well but this year it's been night and day to years past. What were guys expecting?

We'll have some bad games, that must be expected but we still need higher quality players at certain positions and we do have injuries to guys like Mullen. The defensive coaching has been great IMO and people wanting to blow that side of the ball up are not in touch with reality IMO and don't have realistic expectations.

I certainly want Gus Bradley back next year with a couple more FAs and draft picks to work with. 

I think it's just the familiar taste of this team collapsing in November again. Overreactions, sure. But we as fans are tired of this crap every year.

This was a game that meant a lot. A chance to put a nail in the Chiefs coffin, lead the division and they put up one of the worst performances in recent memory.

38 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Sadly, this summarizes Carrs entire career

Execution matters. The chiefs had over 200 yards after the catch in this game. Short passes can work if players can make moves and defenses are inept. 

Carr played very poorly and it honestly wouldn’t shock me if he got das boot. This is shaping up to being another mid season collapse and that’s on him because he has more of a say on this offense. 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think it's just the familiar taste of this team collapsing in November again. Overreactions, sure. But we as fans are tired of this crap every year.

This was a game that meant a lot. A chance to put a nail in the Chiefs coffin, lead the division and they put up one of the worst performances in recent memory.

Familiar is certainly true. 

Op talked about Bradley being great and honestly I couldn’t tell the difference between him, Guether, KNJ, or Tarver. Same blown coverages, same poor tackling. I get it’s the chiefs but these guys have been mortal this year. If it had been like 24-21 I’d be more understanding but golly this was bad. 

43 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Familiar is certainly true. 

Op talked about Bradley being great and honestly I couldn’t tell the difference between him, Guether, KNJ, or Tarver. Same blown coverages, same poor tackling. I get it’s the chiefs but these guys have been mortal this year. If it had been like 24-21 I’d be more understanding but golly this was bad. 

Everyone was quick to crown Bradley. The defense took a noticeable jump, but a lot of that has to do with Yannik and a healthy Crosby finding his way. That pressure has made everything else go.

They still had issues in run defense. There LBs are subpar and you have guys like Abram who should not be starting in big roles.  Chiefs were able to expose that same as the Chargers. Facing talented offenses, they've been exposed.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I think you may be right. We all probably got a little too high with a little success and now we're probably getting a little too low.

I think Bradley in particular has done a grand job but we're still a little talent shy and the recent events would shake even the most consistent and well run of teams, it's hard to take when you're trying to climb out of a hole too. 

I'm personally just going to temper expectations but I genuinely don't see this as the start of some almighty collapse.......maybe it will be who knows. Id like to think we're close to becoming a contender but we're obviously not there yet and with the huge upheavals we've had I think I'll be more lenient in my judgements. 

I think theres still so much to play for and every team this year is having terrible games, like the Bills or the Buccs this week and the Ravens and Cowboys last week. It's been a crazy season. 

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Sadly, this summarizes Carrs entire career

Well considering the stat is specifically throws behind the LOS, would that not mean its our plays, blocking and execution more than on Carr?
I agree its terrible, but once Carr throws it and its behind the LOS, how much blame can be on Carr for the low yards?

Mahommes passes behind the LOS were going for big gains yesterdy

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you may be right. We all probably got a little too high with a little success and now we're probably getting a little too low.

I think Bradley in particular has done a grand job but we're still a little talent shy and the recent events would shake even the most consistent and well run of teams, it's hard to take when you're trying to climb out of a hole too. 

I'm personally just going to temper expectations but I genuinely don't see this as the start of some almighty collapse.......maybe it will be who knows. Id like to think we're close to becoming a contender but we're obviously not there yet and with the huge upheavals we've had I think I'll be more lenient in my judgements. 

I think theres still so much to play for and every team this year is having terrible games, like the Bills or the Buccs this week and the Ravens and Cowboys last week. It's been a crazy season. 

You got the right attitude.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying he needs to be a tough guy but rather prep to be calm under pressure.  I never want to see my QB backpedaling and trying to throw at the same time.  That is the type of stuff I would get angry at a high school QB for doing.

Im sure he does prep when he climbed the pocket to throw to DJax that was a thing of Beauty. 

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Carr went 8 of 9 for 26 yards on throws behind the LOS. That's under 3 yards/att. Might as well just run it when that's the results you're getting. And you might want to throw it to Drake if you want to use those kind of plays.

It makes no sense even going back to the Chargers game.  Jacobs was in getting dump offs while running in sand 

Bradley is my choice at DC. The guy has taken a cellar dweller defense and made the defense actually relevant - not perfect yet but the jump has been huge even if you factor Yannick and Crosby in as factors. One bad game does not invalidate the work he has done. Indeed this is what he has done at previous teams as well

The one issue I had with the KC game was we invited their short passing game early on which neutered our pass rush - I feel like had we made SneakerHead hold onto the ball a bit longer we could have really shook him up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Agree here. The biggest problems I see the rest of the year are the ones that they've had since week 1. Run defense and Oline trouble. 

You're not going to win a lot of games in Nov and Dec. if you cannot run the ball on offense and stop it on defense. 

Unfortunately, these are not things they can fix in season and will likely leave them with highs and lows the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree here. The biggest problems I see the rest of the year are the ones that they've had since week 1. Run defense and Oline trouble. 

You're not going to win a lot of games in Nov and Dec. if you cannot run the ball on offense and stop it on defense. 

Unfortunately, these are not things they can fix in season and will likely leave them with highs and lows the rest of the way. 

It’s interesting you look at some teams and analytic type pundits who say it’s ok to invite the run. I guess it’s case by case as well