The bad. The really bad. The terrible vs KC

BigD1123

35 minutes ago, roi34 said:

our RG and RT while.improved are still bad. 

We will need a stud DT, RT, CB/S and WR.

sounds familiar haha

Amazing isn't it?... Ending up with the same needs the team had in 2017 when Gruden took over. All that draft capital we ended up with a decent LT, a stud DE, stud slot WR and a couple role players. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Amazing isn't it?... Ending up with the same needs the team had in 2017 when Gruden took over. All that draft capital we ended up with a decent LT, a stud DE, stud slot WR and a couple role players. 

It’s really hard stomach each time it’s brought up. At least their will be cap room to go around since we don’t have to pay anybody from the embarrassment of riches squandered lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It’s really hard stomach each time it’s brought up. At least their will be cap room to go around since we don’t have to pay anybody from the embarrassment of riches squandered lol

Good point. Won't have to extend any of them. I really hope they find a true GM to reform the FO finally.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Unfortunately, these are not things they can fix in season and will likely leave them with highs and lows the rest of the way. 

You are right we are not fixing this mid-season but I am still not convinced we have the best o-line out there from our roster...

Elluemenor - iirc he had highest PFF rating on roster (apart from Miller ofc) but somehow got dumped off the line to accommodate Leatherwood at Guard (because he is a first round pick) and randomly Parker became a starter! Elluemenor has Tackle experience, why not just switch him and L-wood?

Fluker - not saying he is the answer but as I recall he was passable as a Tackle with the Ravens - but this is not whether he is good, rather is he better than Parker?

Parker is a liability and the sooner we replace him...with almost anyone...the better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Im sure he does prep when he climbed the pocket to throw to DJax that was a thing of Beauty. 

When he has his momentum going the right way it is beautiful but he needs to know there are certain things a QB should not do even if it looks like the WR is open.  The pass to Jackson was almost picked, was low, deflected, and Jackson had to slowdown for it.  The guy who caused the fumble was 8 yards behind Jackson.  If he hits him in stride that is an easy TD. The pass to Edwards for the TD was great.

Weird game. The defense definitely had its worst game of the season--that's all I'll say about that. However, Crosby was held all game long.

Carr, Waller, and Renfrow played well. And, I think Kolton did too. It was ice to see Edwards have a couple nice plays, but he needs to step up on a more play-to-play basis. The offensive line got virtually no push. Jacobs looked good, just no room to run. I'm not 100% sure, but without Ruggs, the field seems must more congested.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Weird game. The defense definitely had its worst game of the season--that's all I'll say about that. However, Crosby was held all game long.

Carr, Waller, and Renfrow played well. And, I think Kolton did too. It was ice to see Edwards have a couple nice plays, but he needs to step up on a more play-to-play basis. The offensive line got virtually no push. Jacobs looked good, just no room to run. I'm not 100% sure, but without Ruggs, the field seems must more congested.

The run blocking has sucked for most of the year. It’s not on the backs. I’m not going to put anything on Jacobs or Drake honestly.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden/Mayock's complete and total failure in the draft has to be the biggest mismanagement of draft capital by any team in recent NFL history. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Browns 2012-2016 is the only team comparable.

I just looked at that stretch for them and yikes. Looking at the Grudock era they made 6 first round picks over the course of 3 draft cycles and looking forward to next year, Jacobs is really the only one that looks like he'll definitely be a starter. Obviously Ruggs/Arnette are no longer with the team, Ferrell looks to be on his way out, Abram could be on his way out, and I don't think that there's any guarantee that Leatherwood is a starter for us next season. And with that in mind even Jacobs has been pretty disappointing considering how highly we drafted him. Just absolutely unreal how little talent/depth we have across the board despite having so much draft capital.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I just looked at that stretch for them and yikes. Looking at the Grudock era they made 6 first round picks over the course of 3 draft cycles and looking forward to next year, Jacobs is really the only one that looks like he'll definitely be a starter. Obviously Ruggs/Arnette are no longer with the team, Ferrell looks to be on his way out, Abram could be on his way out, and I don't think that there's any guarantee that Leatherwood is a starter for us next season. And with that in mind even Jacobs has been pretty disappointing considering how highly we drafted him. Just absolutely unreal how little talent/depth we have across the board despite having so much draft capital.

Yeah, for 2019, 2020, and 2021, I'm at the point of saying we went 0-6 on first rounders. 

Ferrell.....lol. He's good as gone. In a redraft, maybe a day 3 pick? 

Jacobs....lol. People will forever excuse him, but he's not a top tier RB. He ran behind a line that would've made any RB look good. Always injured. He's not particularly effective as a short yardage plodder, not is he a game breaker. He belongs on a roster, but dude isn't a starter. We've watched Booker and whoever we used early this year be almost as, if not more, effective. In a redraft, he's a 3rd or 4th round pick at best. 

Abram....lol. Dude sucks. Regardless of the scheme, he sucks. He literally cannot cover. He hurts himself. He hurts teammates. Dude got punked by Daniel Jones FFS, so forget his wannabe Bob Sanders persona. Taylor Mays 2.0. Redraft? Definitely aid rounder at best. Nobody is starting this guy on defense. 

Ruggs....🤦🏼‍♂️. 1st round talent, undraftable brain. I'd give a slight pass, but plenty of people wanted other WRs, and I don't think we would've been worse for the wear with someone like Lamb. Blown regardless, whether he sucked or it was off-field circumstances. 

Arnette....lol. Mid-round talent, undraftable brain. He wasn't very good at anything despite Mayock's insistence of his "pro readiness". Pro ready? Sure, he was "ready" to be a deep reserve on a pro roster, I guess? Redraft? Tricky. Could've been a 3rd or 4th maybe? Or maybe we're the only team that wasn't ready to give him the Shawn Oakman treatment and strike him entirely off the board for his massive character red flags.  

Pleatherwhiff....lol. Dude was an OK player at Alabama, with a HUGE RECURRING ISSUE OF DRAWING FLAGS. Everyone can say "He wouldn't have been there in round 2" all they want. It wasn't a good pick. Better, far better even, tackles we're available. If we just HAD to have him, it shows we suck at scouting. Redraft, he'd be there late 3rd imo. 

So with the power of some hindsight and all of those on here who derided the picks when they occurred (and there were many of us), we didn't get a single player who has lived up to being a 1st rounder. Ruggs may have been close, but we took him over better WRs in a shocker, and there was no guarantee he was ever going to as sustain his production this year and beyond. In fact, were there to be a redraft based on what they've accomplished, none of them would even sniff the 1st or 2nd round, imo. 

We blew a golden opportunity, and I kinda just wish we'd fire sale every one of them. Anything we could possibly get in return would probably be a steal for us.