Week 10: LA Rams @ San Francisco 49ers_MNF Edition

BStanRamFan

Wanted to get a thread up for this one. So many story lines, but want to throw a few out there for discussion:

• McVay is 5-8 vs Shanahan as HC. Dropping the last 4 straight.
  • Von Miller will get his first action in horns tonight.
  • OBJ will also play and news has released that Ben Skowronek will actually start in Robert Woods place. ( I think it will be VJ, but lets see)
  • Offseason rumors were that last seasons loss to Nick Mullens & Co are what solidified Goff's fate and McVay knew he had to upgrade at QB. I believe Shanahan was also in on the Stafford sweepstakes. First chance McVay can show Kyle his new toy.
  • 49ers are 0-4 at home this season, but ranked 8th in YPG Defensively.
  • John Lynch commented that Trey Sermon will get his shot tonight vs Rams with JaMycal Hasty out.

I think we throttle them 35-17. OBJ gets a few screens/end arounds/deep shots, but Van Jefferson steals the show later. Von Miller get 0.5 Sacks on a stunt with Donald and the clip is played 8million times on ESPN and NFL network Tuesday morning. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Is Von definitely playing? I thought I heard where they might hold him out to make sure his ankle is 100%

Yeah, I just read on Twitter he might not actually play. Apparently, his injury was worse than the Rams expected when trading for him, which I don't understand how that's possible. All trades are usually subject to a physical evaluation. 

14 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, I just read on Twitter he might not actually play. Apparently, his injury was worse than the Rams expected when trading for him, which I don't understand how that's possible. All trades are usually subject to a physical evaluation. 

Yeah that's not reassuring. Trading a 2nd and a 3rd for someone that injured is not great, but if he's 100% in the postseason and helps us get a superbowl it'll be worth it. 

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 1

I know LA should win tonight since they are, imo, the better team.. especially with all the injuries the Niners have. I just don’t think I have the confidence to say it’ll be a W lol I can only imagine how the cards felt after losing 8 straight to us but losing 4 straight to the Niners definitely makes it tough to predict. 

i can’t wait to see Von play.. even if he is limited. Praying for no set backs and hopefully they aren’t rushing him back if he isn’t 100%. 

Im excited to see OBJ, though I doubt he does much tonight. Maybe some screens and a punt return or two. I was just reading that against man coverage he’s open 51% of the time (top 10). 

I hope Cooper Kupp keeps this unbelievable season going tonight. Would be awesome to see him ball out on Monday night football. 

LASTLY… CAN WE PLEASE GET A DEFENSIVE TD TONIGHT!! lol we are long long overdue. 

I expect the Rams to win tonight. The Rams play well on MNF under McVay. I dont know the record but Im confident theyve only lost once and that was in 2019 at home against the Ravens. The Rams are (16-5) following a loss under McVay. They are a great road team and are undefeated this season on the road. The Niners havent won a home game since the 2019 NFCCG against the Packers. I think having Von and OBJ will give the Rams a spark. Stafford will continue to show exactly why McVay wanted him instead of Goff. McVay knew the Rams really shouldve swept the Niners last season but realized that Goff was the reason why they didnt. Now we can believe thats the case or not but I truly think McVay thought that was the case. Stafford isnt going to blow this chance. The Niners are struggling and the only two saving grace that Kyle have is he has owned McVay over the past two seasons and the development of Lance. If the Rams come out and beat the Niners by double digits on national tv then one of those saving graces will go away. If Lance isnt good by the end of next season then I can truly say that Kyle and Lynch jobs will be in jeopardy the following offseason.