State of the Browns report 11/15

Let us look at the Browns from special teams, offense, and defense point of reference!

For special teams, McG has been very good.  Scottish hammer has been below average and one of the worst net average.  Schwartz and Felton have been average but no turnovers.  Kickoff and punts have been average with too many penalties and no turnovers.

On offense Browns have scored 17 or less points in four of the last six games losing 4 out of six.  Maybe time for Van Pelt to call plays.  The scripted plays for first possession work but after that NO ADJUSTMENTS.  Mayfield is not consistent.  Passing game is weak with no solutions in sight.  Running game is solid. Play calling is below average.

On defense, very inconsistent and too predictable with zone coverages which DO NOT WORK against competent QB.  No blitz packages or disguised blitz to fool the opposing QB as plain vanilla schemes.  Woods is on an island as Stefanski does not coach him up because he spends all of his time calling plays.  Our defense is ranked at near the bottom in every category.  They do not tackle properly.  They do not force turnovers.  They do not adjust.  Woods needs to change or get terminated.

Unless changes are made the season is over for this .500 team.

What do you think?

• Like 2

If Joe Woods coaches this team for ONE MORE SECOND - that is far too long.

How can he justify with a straight face that not blitzing a ROOKIE QB is a good thing? I lost count of NE's third down conversion rate after it reached 9 for 9.........

And several of those were longer than 3rd and 9.......

IN.

EXCUSE.

ABLE.

The only way we retain any hope of a quickly diminishing path to the playoffs is to fire Joe Woods IMMEDIATELY. No question he has totally lost the locker room.

• Like 1

I have no clue what the state of this team is tbh.  I’ve never seen a team run this hot and cold.

Depending on the day our offense is unstoppable or anemic.  Our defense is smothering and athletic, or basic and soft.

Other than needing to upgrade talent at WR and LB, there’s no one other thing I can look at and say “that’s just not good enough, we don’t have enough there to be better.”

If we’re gonna continue to be inconsistent, that’s gotta start coming down on the coaching staff a bit. 

• Like 2

I agree let’s give hues offensive coordinator the job back 

as well there defensive coordinator just remember sashi wanted to extend hue.

also where is everybody that wanted Obj gone you guys are geniuses

replacing him with a wr that averages 1.5 catches per game.

Landry to he caught 5passes he is over played there is millions of wide receiver that average 90 catches per year.

now all you get rid of obj people stand up take a bow.

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I agree let’s give hues offensive coordinator the job back 

Who said anything like this?

as well there defensive coordinator just remember sashi wanted to extend hue.

Lol wut?  He didn’t even want Hue in the first place.  He and DePodesta wanted Sean McDermott.

also where is everybody that wanted Obj gone you guys are geniuses

Right here, same as last week. And the last year.

replacing him with a wr that averages 1.5 catches per game.

Landry to he caught 5passes he is over played there is millions of wide receiver that average 90 catches per year.

fans GIF

he had 4 receptions for 26 yards..

We need to pay 15 million for that?

now all you get rid of obj people stand up take a bow.

Jesus mike, I know we like to gas your nonsense up a lot, but lay off the hooch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who said anything like this?

Lol wut?  He didn’t even want Hue in the first place.  He and DePodesta wanted Sean McDermott.

Right here, same as last week. And the last year.

fans GIF

he had 4 receptions for 26 yards..

We need to pay 15 million for that?

Jesus mike, I know we like to gas your nonsense up a lot, but lay off the hooch.

You to 

• Like 1

Just now, mtmmike said:

You to 

90 percent of this board wanted obj gone period where is everybody else now that we had the lowest point total of the year 

Berrys draft class is averaging less than 2catches per game I could sign to veteran minimums to outperform that.

now name you wide receiver either free agent or drafted that will make this team a 12 win team.

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

90 percent of this board wanted obj gone period where is everybody else now that we had the lowest point total of the year 

They’re here, the same as we were when we smoked the Bengals without him or beat the Steelers twice in a row without him last year including the playoffs.

Berrys draft class is averaging less than 2catches per game I could sign to veteran minimums to outperform that.

We’ve all been saying our wide receivers are trash.  Who are you arguing with?  

now name you wide receiver either free agent or drafted that will make this team a 12 win team.

So do I just name a dude and “I’m the winner”?

We’re gonna sign the bestest FA and draft the bestest WR.  Boom, I totally just dunked on your arse.  

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos