State of the Browns report 11/15

Offense 

There are serious issues with the passing game and I think it has way more than to do with the players than it does with play calling.

Baker seems to be regressing to the indecisive happy feet QB we saw under Freddy.

It certainly doesn’t help that our WR core is mediocre. 

Unfortunately we going to head into next season still unsure if Baker is the guy. Baker seems to be taking a similar career path to Dak, who struggled in year 4 until they added Cooper. Didn’t work with OBJ but Baker needs a true #1 to be fairly evaluated IMO

Edited by BrownsDog23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Offense 

There are serious issues with the passing game and I think it has way more than to do with the players than it does with pls calling.

Baker seems to be regressing to the indecisive happy feet QB we saw under Freddy.

It certainly doesn’t help that our WR core is mediocre. 

Unfortunately we going to head into next season still unsure if Baker is the guy. Baker seems to be taking a similar path to Dak, who struggled in year 4 until they added Cooper. Didn’t work with OBJ but Baker needs a true #1 to be fairly evaluated IMO

Excellent point

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’re here, the same as we were when we smoked the Bengals without him or beat the Steelers twice in a row without him last year including the playoffs.

We’ve all been saying our wide receivers are trash.  Who are you arguing with?  

So do I just name a dude and “I’m the winner”?

We’re gonna sign the bestest FA and draft the bestest WR.  Boom, I totally just dunked on your arse.  

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Excellent are you saying New England is better than those teams how much did they due against Kc.

ok this is what I wanted for next year sense you did not answer

obj,Landry,brown wide receiver Tampa,Dpj,Schwartz 

Draft 

leal dt Texas Am

zay smith wide receiver Boston college

tyreke smith linebacker Osu.

be happy to play your team next year.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent are you saying New England is better than those teams how much did they due against Kc.

ok this is what I wanted for next year sense you did not answer

obj,Landry,brown wide receiver Tampa,Dpj,Schwartz 

Draft 

leal dt Texas Am

zay smith wide receiver Boston college

tyreke smith linebacker Osu.

be happy to play your team next year.

Dog Orangutan GIF

• Like 2

Defense

First and foremost Joe Woods need to go. No excuse for this defense to be this poor. Garrett and Johnson’s comments are extremely telling about how the players feel about him and his game plans.

As far as secondary, Ronnie Harrison shouldn’t be brought back and JJ needs to be in the box more, he’s not a single high deep safety. If Delpit can’t FS than Browns have to draft one. The CB room is fine IMO.

JOK have proven he fully capable of playing in the box and I would love for the Browns to go find a dynamic MIKE but doesn’t seem likely. Other Walker possibly replaced with another vet on a short deal don’t see much change happening there.

With D-line I hope Clowney is brought back on a 2 year deal. Also expect a top 60 pick to be used on an edge player regardless of what happens. The interior has definitely become a weak point for the defense, McDowell flashed big time potential early but has regressed and Jackson have been meh. Weak DT class so probably going to have to look to FA to address this position.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Bonanza your best post of the year.

Truthfully we are only 1 game out of first place 

I believe this was the most disappointing game in 2 years.

Cutting him with Felton,hunt,and Chubb left a lot to be desired 

It is amazing we’re still in the hunt. We even still have a good chance to make the playoffs. I’m just afraid we’re going to keep up our jekyll and hyde personality. 

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Defense

First and foremost Joe Woods need to go. No excuse for this defense to be this poor. Garrett and Johnson’s comments are extremely telling about how the players feel about him and his game plans.

As far as secondary, Ronnie Harrison shouldn’t be brought back and JJ needs to be in the box more, he’s not a single high deep safety. If Delpit can’t FS than Browns have to draft one. The CB room is fine IMO.

JOK have proven he fully capable of playing in the box and I would love for the Browns to go find a dynamic MIKE but doesn’t seem likely. Other Walker possibly replaced with another vet on a short deal don’t see much change happening there.

With D-line I hope Clowney is brought back on a 2 year deal. Also expect a top 60 pick to be used on an edge player regardless of what happens. The interior has definitely become a weak point for the defense, McDowell flashed big time potential early but has regressed and Jackson have been meh. Weak DT class so probably going to have to look to FA to address this position.

Excellent post Undoubtedly we are hurting without hunt chubb and felton

but the point  on Berry in 2 of the richest wr classes ever he is probably ranked 30th amongst Gms in drafting WRs.

Felton shows the most promise but could he make Kc or Tampa maybe.

All Wr are prima donnas make him be a gunner on special teams until

he shuts up of course with lets go brownies approval.

getting punched in the mouth a few times should get my message across who is in charge of this team.