Halo TV Show (Paramount+ 2022)

MikeT14

Episode 2 was fine, I thought. Not a ton of action but a lot of character dev. which I’m cool with. Someone mentioned that it looks like an old school sci-fi movie and I can definitely see it.

I wonder if Kwan can also activate the artifact. Reth implied that she was someone special. 

Still digging it, but I do have a knit to pick

If I'm that UNSC commander of that ship the second I know rescuing her was a trap, i'm putting 2 in her forehead. I might die, but she sure as hell isn't surviving either.

Seems like removing the inhibitor chip should have been pushed a little later in the season.  Could have had a lot more impact.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Is this how Cortana worked with Chief in the game? Pretty sure she was just an SD card in his helmet 

If anything has been made clear so far in this show its that it is a far cry from the games. You right, he often put her into other systems and stuff. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I thought the first and second episode were okay but thought the third episode sucked... Will keep watching to see how it goes but not overly optimistic at this point.

What turned you off about episode 3?  I'm intrigued about the stuff around Cortana.  The only part where i'm starting to glaze over when they go to it are the bits around Kwan.

21 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I thought the first and second episode were okay but thought the third episode sucked... Will keep watching to see how it goes but not overly optimistic at this point.

The 3rd has been the worst so far. When they finally implemented Cortana with Chief, it was solid, but the rest of the episode was boring filler. The Kwan storyline is becoming tiresome. 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, THE DUKE said:

Still digging it, but I do have a knit to pick

If I'm that UNSC commander of that ship the second I know rescuing her was a trap, i'm putting 2 in her forehead.

Awesome! Weirdly enough, the exact same thing popped into my head. And then I was thinking more and was like... "I dunno I'd probably be panicking too and still trying to shoot my way out." But I did think the same thing at first.

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Awesome! Weirdly enough, the exact same thing popped into my head. And then I was thinking more and was like... "I dunno I'd probably be panicking too and still trying to shoot my way out." But I did think the same thing at first.

If they were cognizant enough to show up with an entire team strapped like that, they'd be ready to open fire.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

What turned you off about episode 3?  I'm intrigued about the stuff around Cortana.  The only part where i'm starting to glaze over when they go to it are the bits around Kwan.

The scene with the blessed one on the UNSC ship was cringe worthy... From the commander just standing there watching instead of shooting her to the ridiculous fingernail energy blade the whole thing was just terrible.

The process of the clone becoming Cortana was a bit stupid too... She had all of Halsey's memories as her clone and acknowledged the fact that she is her clone but despite the fact that it's her brain that became Cortana once the process was complete Cortana seemed to have no memory of what happened and treated Halsey like someone she was meeting for the first time? Doesn't make any sense.

And yeah the stuff with Kwan and Soren was meh.

Like I said I'll finish watching (mainly because I have a job that gives me a lot of time to kill at work) but my expectations were definitely lowered after episode 3.

• Like 1

I thought episode 3 was fine. It wasn't great but it moved the story along fine. I agree with others that I'm not sure about the Kwan storyline and I am not terribly interested in it but I'm interested in John's storyline and political war goin in with the USNC. 

For some reason, I don't know how these people/aliens don't know where each other's base is...

Definitely interesting the ways they’ve structured this to allow Chief to grow more, compared to the games where he kinda can stay the silent near emotionless warrior who never takes his helmet off. Again it’s not bad but having a bit of trouble getting my sea legs with it.

Also integrating Cortana in such a permanent way was a surprising change. I’m sure she still will be separated at some point, but makes it a little tougher. Get why they had to with him not wearing the helmet like ever.