Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech agree to part ways. OFFICIAL: Brent Pry (PSU DC) new coach

MikeT14

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Give Bud Foster a call.

He’s the only one I can think of that could revive that mess.

He seems very content in retirement.

There are other rumors why that might be an issue too, but I do truly think he's just done and content. 

You have to at least call:
Luke Fickell - I don't think he leaves for any current job opening except maybe LSU at the moment. If Penn State opens up I'd say that as well. 

Realistic "top" options:
Billy Napier - I'd say one of the betting favorites. Probably holding out for LSU, but I think LSU might see him as a safety pick if all else fails.
Hugh Freeze - I'd hate it, but he's been local and continues to have success on the field. Would be the opposite of the type of person we've seen VT hire though. 
Sonny Dykes - Probably a lock to either stay at SMU or go to TCU, but I've heard rumblings that Whit is a fan. 
Jamey Chadwell - Another hot assistant name, but would be very similar to the Fuente hire. Still, has some local ties. 

Next tier:
Jay Norvell - Nevada
Bill Clark - UAB
Chris Klieman - Kansas State
Jason Candle - Toledo
Curt Cignetti - JMU
Tony Elliot - Clemson OC
Brent Venables - Clemson DC

"Left" Field: Byron Leftwich, Bill O'Brien

On 11/16/2021 at 9:26 AM, MikeT14 said:

You have to at least call:
Luke Fickell - I don't think he leaves for any current job opening except maybe LSU at the moment. If Penn State opens up I'd say that as well. 

Realistic "top" options:
Billy Napier - I'd say one of the betting favorites. Probably holding out for LSU, but I think LSU might see him as a safety pick if all else fails.
Hugh Freeze - I'd hate it, but he's been local and continues to have success on the field. Would be the opposite of the type of person we've seen VT hire though. 
Sonny Dykes - Probably a lock to either stay at SMU or go to TCU, but I've heard rumblings that Whit is a fan. 
Jamey Chadwell - Another hot assistant name, but would be very similar to the Fuente hire. Still, has some local ties. 

Next tier:
Jay Norvell - Nevada
Bill Clark - UAB
Chris Klieman - Kansas State
Jason Candle - Toledo
Curt Cignetti - JMU
Tony Elliot - Clemson OC
Brent Venables - Clemson DC

"Left" Field: Byron Leftwich, Bill O'Brien

I feel like Jamey Chadwell would be interesting. He has such a unique system. Dan Mullen might also be an option. His problems at UF wouldn't be quite as significant at VT, especially if y'all didn't let him hire Todd Grantham again lol. 

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I feel like Jamey Chadwell would be interesting. He has such a unique system. Dan Mullen might also be an option. His problems at UF wouldn't be quite as significant at VT, especially if y'all didn't let him hire Todd Grantham again lol. 

idk i think refusing to recruit for the 3 months leading into the early signing period will be an issue wherever he ends up

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Which would be weird considering Grantham is a Hokie haha