GDT: NY Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ 8:15pm EST

Giants4eva

Good to have a week off for the Gmen. Gonna more than likely have Saquon back in this one. And we have a more healthy WR corps coming with us as well. With that said,  there is an outside chance we can take this one. Tampa Bay got flat out embarrassed by Washington. And we all know TB12 hates our team with a passion. He even said not long ago "i really like beating the Giants".. Hopefully this squad uses that as a fire to light themselves up and bring some pain to Tampa. This team wants to show us something, they make a statement by going into Tampa Bay on Monday night and beating the goat. DJ has had a solid season for us, w/out question his best overall season as a Giant this far into his career. He wants to shut down some nay sayers, he goes out and takes care of business. Defense has done a solid job in recent weeks, Xavier McKinney is beginning to develop into an elite talent in the back end and i love love love what ive seen out of Azeez Ojulari and Quincy Roche. We need the defense to come in and play like hell. Think this one will be a nail biter to the end. 

NY Giants 21 / Tampa Bay 19

Edited by Giants4eva

On 11/16/2021 at 9:11 AM, Giants4eva said:

Good to have a week off for the Gmen. Gonna more than likely have Saquon back in this one. And we have a more healthy WR corps coming with us as well. With that said,  there is an outside chance we can take this one. Tampa Bay got flat out embarrassed by Washington. And we all know TB12 hates our team with a passion. He even said not long ago "i really like beating the Giants".. Hopefully this squad uses that as a fire to light themselves up and bring some pain to Tampa. This team wants to show us something, they make a statement by going into Tampa Bay on Sunday night and beating the goat. DJ has had a solid season for us, w/out question his best overall season as a Giant this far into his career. He wants to shut down some nay sayers, he goes out and takes care of business. Defense has done a solid job in recent weeks, Xavier McKinney is beginning to develop into an elite talent in the back end and i love love love what ive seen out of Azeez Ojulari and Quincy Roche. We need the defense to come in and play like hell. Think this one will be a nail biter to the end. 

NY Giants 21 / Tampa Bay 19

I love the optimism but I'm not ready to anoint McKinney as an elite talent off of one good game. Azeez and Roche have been nice starts so far but they are not game breakers yet and I don't think tip the scales in this one. Tampa's clunker came a week too early and it's hard to see them lose three in a row when they're mostly healthy. That being said our defense has been playing better and this is the big test. I could easily see them playing a good game and giving the offense a chance to steal one, but I wouldn't be on it. 

Tampa Bay 28 / NY Giants 17

On 11/16/2021 at 9:11 AM, Giants4eva said:

DJ has had a solid season for us, w/out question his best overall season as a Giant this far into his career.

I mean... in terms of turnovers yea he's playing much better this year. But his overall production is down compared to 2019. Completion % and YPA are better this season but 8 TD passes in 9 games vs 24 in 13 games in 2019...

I saw a stat on ESPN or NFLN that WFT played 90% zone against Brady on Sunday. Not sure if we have the horses to pull that off.  Gronk, Godwin, and Brown banged up maybe takeaway Evans and force Brady to use the backs and TE's. Sit back in zone and hope the front 4 can get pressure without blitzing. Typically the recipe for beating Brady is beat him up but with so many of his weapons hurt and out.... zone might be the better way to go. With Barkley back and maybe Shep, Toney, and Ross we can pull this one out. There is quite a few winnable games left on the schedule so a win Mon would be huge. But I'm not optimistic about it

Bucs: 24
Gmen: 17

• Like 1

It's funny this is one of the biggest lines of the week but there seems to be a large contingent that think we have a legitimate shot. Fact is we have to win these games at some point. Leave it all on the field no playing conservative. 

Have to think Golladay finally has a big day.

I only watch a few games a season these last few years, and I'll give this one a try. Might sound weird, but I don't even care that much if they win or lose - what I want to see the most is some excitement. I want to see Saquon and Toney make some explosive plays. I want to see DJ make some amazing throws and big runs. I want to see the defense wreak some havoc. Is that too much too ask for?