GDT: NY Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ 8:15pm EST

Giants4eva

Here's the worst part- none of this will change if Mara doesn't pull his head out of his butt, recognize 'the Giants way' is a problem, and hire someone outside the organization for a major position.

What probably happens this offseason is Gettleman is fired and gets replaced with Abrams, Garrett is fired and replaced with Kitchens, and we do this whole thing again next year.

The Eagles aren't a good team, but they have been rolling over bad teams. We are a bad team. Eagles fans are going to take over Metlife next week and we'll lose at home to the Eagles again. Mara doesn't need to have his eyes opened, he needs a come to Jesus moment. Maybe that does it? Who knows. 

• Like 1

Well.. i think i was pretty wrong in my hopes we could win a game on monday night. Im really disappointed with how this team just looks like it doesnt belong on the field with other squads. Our defence is awful. I dont even know what to say anymore with them. No push up front at all, no pressure off the edges, just piss poor tackling, not enough adjustments to get back at the other teams offense. I dont know why teams are so high on Patrick Graham because im beginning to see him as a Perry Fewell with this bend but dont break defense. Disgusted really am. And offense. Oh man. Where to start? Oline is at the core of alot of problems but wow Daniel Jones just isnt getting it done. I really had hopes and saw him starting to grow... at least i thought. This team was straight up dominated yesterday. It really is time to start firing ppl. Garrett, DG, hell even consider head coach. This team is just not going anywhere anytime soon. 

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Here's the worst part- none of this will change if Mara doesn't pull his head out of his butt, recognize 'the Giants way' is a problem, and hire someone outside the organization for a major position.

What probably happens this offseason is Gettleman is fired and gets replaced with Abrams, Garrett is fired and replaced with Kitchens, and we do this whole thing again next year.

The Eagles aren't a good team, but they have been rolling over bad teams. We are a bad team. Eagles fans are going to take over Metlife next week and we'll lose at home to the Eagles again. Mara doesn't need to have his eyes opened, he needs a come to Jesus moment. Maybe that does it? Who knows. 

I do not think that’s going to happen. I know it’s a Giants doomsday scenario, but I really do not think he’ll make the same mistake twice.

Just now, Acgott said:

I do not think that’s going to happen. I know it’s a Giants doomsday scenario, but I really do not think he’ll make the same mistake twice.

The Eagles game stuff, or the hiring/firings? Because I bet you both things happen.

What needs to happen is the following: hire an outside consultant to aid in a GM/HC search, clean house (including removing Chris Mara as VP of Player Personnel), and follow through on hiring the recommendation of the outside consultant (which will more than likely involve hiring someone with no previous ties to the organization). I'm willing to bet none of those thing happen.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Eagles game stuff, or the hiring/firings? Because I bet you both things happen.

What needs to happen is the following: hire an outside consultant to aid in a GM/HC search, clean house (including removing Chris Mara as VP of Player Personnel), and follow through on hiring the recommendation of the outside consultant (which will more than likely involve hiring someone with no previous ties to the organization). I'm willing to bet none of those thing happen.

Promoting Abrams/Kitchens. After Reese was fired, we didn’t hire Marc Ross. I know Gettleman is from the same tree, but I don’t think we will repeat that again.

Kitchens will not be our OC next year, unless we magically become the greatest show on turf.

I agree with Chad Forbes's latest tweet. Firing Gettleman right now solves nothing. I don't even get why people are calling for his head right now. Do you think Toney and Golladay and Ojulari are good acquisitions? Did you think the trade back was good? The answer to all of those should be yes. I agree he should be gone (should have been gone honestly), but he's not the one not throwing to Toney and Golladay and running obviously ineffective practices. Judge has shown nothing as a head coach that translates to the field. He doesn't call plays, his clock management is awful, and his in game personnel decisions are awful. So is he at least good at developing talent? No. So what is his value?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I agree with Chad Forbes's latest tweet. Firing Gettleman right now solves nothing. I don't even get why people are calling for his head right now. Do you think Toney and Golladay and Ojulari are good acquisitions? Did you think the trade back was good? The answer to all of those should be yes. I agree he should be gone (should have been gone honestly), but he's not the one not throwing to Toney and Golladay and running obviously ineffective practices. Judge has shown nothing as a head coach that translates to the field. He doesn't call plays, his clock management is awful, and his in game personnel decisions are awful. So is he at least good at developing talent? No. So what is his value?

To be fair.. he hired the coach you mention, drafted the QB you mention, and even though he's made some good moves his "specialty" that he was brought in for remains to be the biggest weakness on this team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

To be fair.. he hired the coach you mention, drafted the QB you mention, and even though he's made some good moves his "specialty" that he was brought in for remains to be the biggest weakness on this team.

Oh yeah I get all of that. Just seems like, after last night where the team's awful execution and player personnel decisions were on full display, you blame the GM for those. That's all on the HC.

Also, we all know Mara hired Judge. Gettleman probably had a say, but we all know who ultimately made the decision.