Week 11 @Raiders

sparky151

On 11/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, THE DUKE said:

The Raiders don't really have a credible deep threat so if we sit back in a soft zone and give up 25 8-12 yard completions to Waller/Renfroe/Edwards, i'm going to lose my ******* mind.

yeah, no ****.... after the last two games I am worried about anything.. I just hope the week off helped them get their **** straight... 

Defense looked great.

Mixon's numbers look average at first glance just over 4 yards per carry, but after about 18 carries he was barely over 3.  He wore their defense down and was hitting the chunk plays in the 4th quarter.

Our play calling needs to learn how to go between conservative and aggressive.  Even when we are checking down and taking the easy short yards, we still need to pick our spots and try to strike deep.

Good win on the road, hopefull we can build some momentum in the stupid competitive AFC North heading into a big matchup with the Stealers next week.

It's always fun when you can just ride your running game to 4th quarter dominance. If we make the playoffs,  I suspect we'll look at the way we closed this game as the reason.  If we miss, we'll look at the Jets game. This is a young fun team with a couple of holes, but the development this year has me really hopeful for a run, maybe not this season but I'm not ruling it out either. 

It also didn't occur to me until this morning,  I could have had a really fun trip to Vegas this weekend fir the Blue Jackets and Bengals games. I should try to do fun things.

• Like 1