Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Did you miss the Chargers game last season?

One game > Career.... gotcha! Weird logic but you do you.

EDIT: And this is the part where you say "but a change of scenery might help" and talk about Gannon and a couple others where it actually did help but don't talk about the thousands of others where it did absolutely nothing. This is a road that's been traveled down a lot.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

One game > Career.... gotcha! Weird logic but you do you.

Our biggest weakness has been our inability to run the ball. I think that we should stick with Carr but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some Mariota packages implemented, especially near the goal line. 

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our biggest weakness has been our inability to run the ball. I think that we should stick with Carr but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some Mariota packages implemented, especially near the goal line. 

I get what you're saying but that didn't help Tennessee w/ arguably the best RB in the league. They averaged a hair over 14 PPG the last year he was there until he was benched. After that, they averaged over 33 PPG and only one thing changed; the QB.

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I get what you're saying but that didn't help Tennessee w/ arguably the best RB in the league. They averaged a hair over 14 PPG the last year he was there until he was benched. After that, they averaged over 33 PPG and only one thing changed; the QB.

Completely different scenarios though. Carr's lack of mobility and our so-so run blocking have killed our red zone efficiency. 

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

W/L record is a team accomplishment so good thing you didn't. 

You posting Carr's stats doesn't change the fact the Mariota will not help bc he is simply not the better QB. You might like him better, you might not like Carr, don't really care about feelings here. Carr is a better QB than Mariota, no question, so he should be out there. 

Not in November. 

even garbage mariota has a better td average per game in November. If you’re ok with scoring 14 points just so carr can play than idk. I want points and first downs. Carr is literally averaging a solid 1 td a game in November. 42 tds in 31 games that’s even including his magical 2016 year. I don’t want to tell you how bad his last 20 games in November were.

Emotions and feelings aside if you want a chance to succeed on offense in November you sit carr. 

I finally finished reading art or war. Carr is a great general but only in certain situations. November for whatever reason be weather, anxiety from the games meaning more, holidays whatever it may be he doesn’t fight well in November it is what it is. Having him leading men with his piss poor production is basically telling your army it’s a suicide mission. That’s how you lose faith in your army. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not in November. 

even garbage mariota has a better td average per game in November. If you’re ok with scoring 14 points just so carr can play than idk. I want points and first downs. Carr is literally averaging a solid 1 td a game in November. 42 tds in 31 games that’s even including his magical 2016 year. I don’t want to tell you how bad his last 20 games in November were.

Emotions and feelings aside if you want a chance to succeed on offense in November you sit carr. 

I finally finished reading art or war. Carr is a great general but only in certain situations. November for whatever reason be weather, anxiety from the games meaning more, holidays whatever it may be he doesn’t fight well in November it is what it is. Having him leading men with his piss poor production is basically telling your army it’s a suicide mission. That’s how you lose faith in your army. 

TIL football is played in a vacuum.

Thanks for the book review as well. 

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at the notion that we play certain QBs based on what month it is. I've never heard that before lol.

Offense: Go full Mike Leach on them. Keep Jackson, Waller, Renfrow, Drake, and Edwards on the field. Rotate Zay and Moreau in as guys need breaks. Chuck that ball 50+ times and roll with it. I don't care to see Jacobs on the field again. 

Defense: I'm sure we'll continue to give up 20+ on simple screens and our putrid tackling will remain. 

Vintage Big12 footbawl baby, let's GOOOOOO! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with Mullen I wonder?

They said he's making progress and could come back after the Thanksgiving game against Dallas. He might make it back in early December, which I don't how much he'll play but the division race is a close one. It could make a difference.