Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we draft a downgrade which odds suggest will happen this will be a 2 or 3 win team for the next 5 years.  You guys complain about Carr but imagine if we cut bait and draft a Haskins, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc.  You guys will be wishing we had Carr back. 

Derek Carr literally has lost more games in his first 8 seasons then any QB in NFL history, it can't get any worse, lol.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You do realize that if a new GM gets hired, moves on from Carr and drafts a "Haskins bum" as his replacement he will be fired.  Do you think any GM would be foolish enough to do such a stupid thing?  

You only move on from Carr if you have an upgrade in place.  Football 101....

If he drafts haskins he should be fired any way. So what's your point. If he drafting haskins why would I be confident that he going to build a roster that carr can win with. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we draft a downgrade which odds suggest will happen this will be a 2 or 3 win team for the next 5 years.  You guys complain about Carr but imagine if we cut bait and draft a Haskins, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc.  You guys will be wishing we had Carr back. 

What if we draft the next Josh Allen? Or Mahomes? Or Jackson? Or Watson (sans legal issues)? Or Herbert? Jury is obviously still out on this most recent draft, but I’d probably rather have Mac Jones

Hell, Mayfield already has more career playoff wins than Carr. 

• Like 1

Here’s where I’m at on Carr. I don’t think he will pull it together enough for us to make the playoffs. The offensive coaches are trash anyways let’s be honest. 

Bring in a new coach and roll with what they want to do. If they want to trade him, fine. If they want to roll with him, fine but you better play to his strengths and run a passing offense. 

I’d prefer to try and make a big trade for a veteran qb like Wilson or Rodgers, but I don’t know how it’s feasible. 

If Mayock isn’t on board, or mark thinks he made a lot of these bad picks, fire him too. Bring in a young analytics GM, reload the team and cut bait with Ferrell and Abram. Bring in a new right tackle. Sign a good WR like Allen Robinson. 

The pass defense is good. The run defense can be fixed by adding a good DT and drafting another LB. 

• Like 2

Just now, TLO said:

What if we draft the next Josh Allen? Or Mahomes? Or Jackson? Or Watson (sans legal issues)? Or Herbert? Jury is obviously still out on this most recent draft, but I’d probably rather have Mac Jones

Hell, Mayfield already has more career playoff wins than Carr. 

Mayfield is terrible, but I appreciate your point.

Just now, dante9876 said:

If he drafts haskins he should be fired any way. So what's your point. If he drafting haskins why would I be confident that he going to build a roster that carr can win with. 

Once again, go back to 2010 and list all of the 1st round QB's.  I did it a year ago and the list is an embarrassment. 

If you're a GM new to this franchise and look at that list/odds of drafting a downgrade and decide to take that risk you better be 100 percent certain you're getting an upgrade or else you career as a GM is over.  No GM would ever do such a thing.  Football 101 and you clowns cant grasp this concept. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayfield is terrible, but I appreciate your point.

I’m no Mayfield fan, and think Carr is better, but it drives home my point that we don’t need to be worry about the downside of moving on from a QB who has gone nearly a decade without a playoff win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again, go back to 2010 and list all of the 1st round QB's.  I did it a year ago and the list is an embarrassment. 

If you're a GM new to this franchise and look at that list/odds of drafting a downgrade and decide to take that risk you better be 100 percent certain you're getting an upgrade or else you career as a GM is over.  No GM would ever do such a thing.  Football 101 and you clowns cant grasp this concept. 

Or nobody is itching to pay a guy $30mm/year when he’s proven time and time again that he can’t get it done when it matters most

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

All that clowns crap need to stop. I aint call you one name. No matter how idiotic fan boy loving Carr I think you are being. Carr is about to be on his 3rd gm if he stays. So kinda looks like you got a great chance of getting fired if you keep him to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

All that clowns crap need to stop. I aint call you one name. No matter how idiotic fan boy loving Carr I think you are being. Carr is about to be on his 3rd gm if he stays. So kinda looks like you got a great chance of getting fired if you keep him to. 

It's basic football knowledge, it's not a hard concept to grasp.  

I get fans are pissed off and rightfully so but blaming Carr for this the state of this franchise is both baseless and foolish.