Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Only issue I have with this post is, is the pass defense actually good? Let’s wait until the end of the year. They have had the easiest pass defensive schedule that I have certainly seen any team ever have. Like literally ever. They have faced garbage QB’s and garbage pass offenses literally all season. They have faced one “for sure” Top 10 QB all season long in Mahomes, and he had a career game against us and completely clowned our defense. Some have Herbert in the Top 10, some don’t. And Burrow doesn’t sniff the Top 10 at this point of his career. 14 topps. Probably 16ish. 

If our pass defense can do good against Dak, that would be something. But probably a career game for him as well. 

They looked good today.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is as bad as Carrs been blowing I don’t know if there’s anybody better that we can get right now. And that’s just being honest

This team aint a great qb away anyway though.  So getting somebody that is better than carr the day he steps in shouldn't be a priority. Lions didn't trade for Goff cause they thought he was better. I don't think jets thought Zach Wilson would be better than Sam darnold day 1. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

This team aint a great qb away anyway though.  So getting somebody that is better than carr the day he steps in shouldn't be a priority. Lions didn't trade for Goff cause they thought he was better. I don't think jets thought Zach Wilson would be better than Sam darnold day 1. 

I’m pretty sure they did

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m pretty sure they did

Than they dumb. Zach was a good prospect. But most know he needs time to develop. But taking him was definitely better than paying Sam. Just like we shouldn't be paying carr. If carr had 3 years left on his contract at a reasonable rate. My opinion would probably be different. But going into his last year you got to get something for the asset for its to late. After the draft might be to late. See what teams go hard for rodgers and Wilson and the team that comes in 3rd see if they want carr or see if packers or Seahawks want him. 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Than they dumb. Zach was a good prospect. But most know he needs time to develop. But taking him was definitely better than paying Sam. Just like we shouldn't be paying carr. If carr had 3 years left on his contract at a reasonable rate. My opinion would probably be different. But going into his last year you got to get something for the asset for its to late. After the draft might be to late. See what teams go hard for rodgers and Wilson and the team that comes in 3rd see if they want carr or see if packers or Seahawks want him. 

Here’s a thing I actually understand what you’re saying. But my philosophy is if you have a quarterback that’s even top 15 you don’t get rid of that guy if there’s not somebody immediately that you think is better. There are teams that go 10 years without finding a quarterback because they do stuff like that. If we make the team better in all aspects you can still get stuck with no water back and not win. 

• Like 1

Couple of thoughts:

First, I thought that this was a make or break season for Carr and after Gruden got the boot I felt unless he put an MVP season together he’d get the boot as well. Right now he needs to start looking at schools in different states because he won’t be long in Vegas. 

Next, 2/3rds of this staff needs to go. I think Bradley can stay and be a good DC going forward. This always happens where the Raiders finally get an above average DC and then they get rid of them because there’s a new head coach. Biaccia and Olsen can go. We all know that Olsen is a bad play caller, this offense is reminiscent of the Allen days. Biacaccia on the other hand seems over his head as the HC. The Raiders have been flat the last two weeks. He’s been dealt a bad hand but he’s got to navigate it change things that aren’t working but he hasn’t. 

Finally, the roster is pretty bad. The line can’t block anyone other than Miller (can’t believe I’m saying that), they had no other deep guy other than Ruggs (what if he got injured?) safety is still an issue. This has a huge reflection on Mayock because he gets the players. I get Gruden has final say but Mayock’s got some explaining to do. 

Edited by Chali21

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Burrow is not remotely close to a Top 10 QB at this point of his career. Very streaky, and overall, middle of the pack. 

Sure but Jamarr chase Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are good. They put up 40+ on the ravens. They’re a pretty good WR group and the corners/LB held up pretty well.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure but Jamarr chase Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are good. They put up 40+ on the ravens. They’re a pretty good WR group and the corners/LB held up pretty well.

The thing I’m picking up on is that if we do good again somebody in any Area in particular the narrative always turns into that player position group or team isn’t good

• Like 1

The offensive skill players are far from terrible. The number one problem is Greg Olson and his terrible playcalling. Next in line is Derek Carr who is back to running sideways and throwing it out of bounds whenever the play doesn't work exactly as planned. The offense has been able to easily march down the field for a TD on 2 drives in the last 2 weeks when Olson started calling downfield passing plays but he's not doing it unless he is forced to. The rest of the time he's operating like the Raiders D is some elite unit who will be able to shut down opposing offenses throughout a game and asking very little from Carr. It's like Carr is a rookie QB all over again (Olson was the OC back then...). His avg/att is down 1 yard through the last 3 games while his comp % is up because, as we've all witnessed, most of the throws are short and safe. And they're not even designed to allow for easy YAC. I don't mind if they choose to give Mariota a chance at some point but i'd be expecting the same results as long as Olson is calling those stupid plays.

That's not to say Carr should be given another chance with a new OC though. It's about time to start a new era.

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The loss of Ruggs was catastrophic.  I can't believe fans don't realize how much of a threat he was even without the ball in his hands.  His loss was massive....

I realize that perfectly well. You can tell teams don't respect our deep threat now with Ruggs out. Jackson just isn't on the same level and teams can sit underneath and try to limit Waller and Renfrow.

That doesn't excuse Bryan Edwards getting no targets in a game. There's just no logical reason for that.

Ruggs Loss was obviously huge, but does every team have a 4.29 guy? 

others teams still throw it deep and have success.  Using ruggs as why they whole offense is broken now is bad excuse. sorry

poor playcalling and design more likely. too much first down runs not enough PA

Edited by roi34

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's the issue. And the worst part is, even if we can get Rodgers and Wilson, why would they want to play here?

We commit **** penalties. Our coaches are scared. This team shuts down every year in the 2nd half. I wouldn't want to play for this team.

They wouldn't be playing for this FO and coaching staff. If one of those 2 becomes available, I'd go as far as trying to package their preference in HC

• Like 1