Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hmmm not surprised if I was on defense I’d hate carr. I’ve seen it happen before esp with qbs. Any other position you suck you get replaced. Qbs have double standards about that tho and I hate it. I’ve pulled qbs out the game I don’t play that

Carr said the team came out flat. The defense balled and completely shut down one of the most explosive offenses in the league until they were gassed at the end because Carr couldn't do ish.

8 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Well, i said "apparently" in the original post because it's just rumors some players are fed up with Carr.

You get that sense on the field. The defense is playing pretty inspired. Crosby, Yannik, Heyward, Perryman are strong leaders and seem to be playing for one another.

The offense is playing flat and uninspired. Don't seem to have a leader they are rallying around. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You get that sense on the field. The defense is playing pretty inspired. Crosby, Yannik, Heyward, Perryman are strong leaders and seem to be playing for one another.

The offense is playing flat and uninspired. Don't seem to have a leader they are rallying around. 

Possibly. Watching him sitting all by himself all game long might be telling.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Possibly. Watching him sitting all by himself all game long might be telling.

This. It’s like deja vu except he has to adjust his hair under his hat multiple times so he looks camera ready when the zoom in on him on bench. Even Olsen seems done with carr and his audibles. 

I wouldn't try to defend the crappy display of offense. They are a mess and we've completely lost any identity we had without Ruggs.  I don't know what the plan has been without him, but it needs to change and it needs to change now.

At the same time the defense has been playing really well the majority of the time.  However, I would like to point out that no one seems to care that the defense gift wrapped them their first 10 points.  6-0 and a couple more chances to get anything going on offense sounds a lot better to me than 10-6 them.  Also, they can't keep putting Abram in position to fail, because 10 outta 10 times he will.

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr wtf was this bro. There were 5 defenders and 2 blockers.

🤦🏼‍♂️

Tbf, Jacobs probably gains a yard and falls over like  Humpty Dumpty anyway. 

Parker got whooped, so the outside run was gone. The LB* (could be a safety, I can't see who it was) in the box was staring straight into the open run lane and totally unblocked. 

All I can say is it was a bad play and I don't really think the alternative offered here would've been much better. That's the problem when nobody respects your invisible run game I guess.

Edited by ronjon1990

23 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

🤦🏼‍♂️

Tbf, Jacobs probably gains a yard and falls over like  Humpty Dumpty anyway. 

Parker got whooped, so the outside run was gone. The LB* (could be a safety, I can't see who it was) in the box was staring straight into the open run lane and totally unblocked. 

All I can say is it was a bad play and I don't really think the alternative offered here would've been much better. That's the problem when nobody respects your invisible run game I guess.

End zone angle, he has a clean lane to score. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, true2form said:

I wouldn't try to defend the crappy display of offense. They are a mess and we've completely lost any identity we had without Ruggs.  I don't know what the plan has been without him, but it needs to change and it needs to change now.

That's because when we were winning Carr was on pace to set the NFL record for passing yards in a season. Not having Ruggs handicaps our passing offense so much because he was our one true deep threat that had to keep defenses honest. And it's impossible to change our identity now, the OL sucks as a run blocking unit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's because when we were winning Carr was on pace to set the NFL record for passing yards in a season. Not having Ruggs handicaps our passing offense so much because he was our one true deep threat that had to keep defenses honest. And it's impossible to change our identity now, the OL sucks as a run blocking unit.

I understand why you’d think that, but they proved today it’s more about game plan and execution.