The Last Fan on Earth - DABOYLE WINS

Dome

Survival Competition #2 - Word Associations

YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS YOUR GUESSES WITH ANYONE. YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS CLUES WITH ANYONE.

FIRST GUESSES DUE IN 24 HOURS.

• At roughly the same time each day I will post one hint each about 15 different survival items that the players are trying to guess.

• After each new hint players must PM me their guess for each item before the next day’s hint is posted.

• The fewer hints a player needs to guess a word, the more points they’ll be awarded.

• There are 15 words to guess.

YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS YOUR GUESSES WITH ANYONE. YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS CLUES WITH ANYONE.

FIRST GUESSES DUE IN 24 HOURS.

SCORING

First guess: 5 points
Second guess: 3 points
Third guess: 2 Points
Fourth guess: 1 Point
DNF (Four failed guesses): -2 Points

1st, 2nd and 3rd place - Each are Safe from the Survival Elimination. They must each select one other player who will also safe from the Survival Elimination.  All other players will play in the Survival Round. Ties for these positions will be broken in a more difficult OT Speed Round between tied players.

Example: 

Example Item: Lighter

Clues: Pocket (5pts) > Fuel (3 pts) > Spark (2pts) > Flame (1pt) > Fail to Guess (-2pts)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day One - 1st Clues

Shelter and Security are two of the most important aspects of survival. Hypothermia can kill you much faster than starvation or dehydration and an angry animal can kill you faster than all three of them. Keep warm and find a way to protect yourself from the elements and the wildlife.

Clues (5 Shelter/Security items):

1. Warm
  2. Defense
  3. Wood
  4. Sharp
  5. Lashing

Fire and Rescue should be your next priorities. If you can stay warm and find rescue in the first 48 hours you may not need to find water or food to stay alive.

Clues (5 Fire/Rescue items):

1. Metal
  2. Signal
  3. Focus
  4. Point
  5. Dry

Food and Water will become necessary if you spend more than a day or two in even the most mild of survival conditions.

Clues (5 Food/Water items):

1. Filter
  2. Trap
  3. Catch
  4. Aggregate
  5. Edible

1. @Malfatron
  2. @Whicker
  3. @Daboyle
  4. @bcb1213
  5. @Tk3
  6. @SwAg
  7. @The Orca
  8. @Pickle Rick
  9. @gopherwrestler
  10. @JoshstraDaymus
  11. @Nazgul
  12. @Matts4313
Edited by Dome

SURVIVAL ELIMINATION NUMBER ONE

@SwAg

@Nazgul

@JoshstraDaymus

When this competition is over, one of you will be in Purgatory.

• At a time that each of you specify (that also works with my schedule) you will be sent three questions in your Discord, I will confirm you are present before I send them. When I send them I will also start a timer.
  • These questions will be worth 3 points each and players who answer all three correctly will be given a one point bonus, for a maximum score of 10.
  • Once I start the timer you will a lose half a point every 30 seconds until you post "DONE" to finalize your 3 answers.
  • You may answer in any order you wish, I will be able to tell which answer goes to which question.
  • We will do two rounds of this, 6 questions total.
  • The lowest total score between two rounds goes to Purgatory. If there is no lowest score due to tie we play another round.

PM me a time that would work for you ASAP. Evenings and early mornings are best for me FYI.