17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

well then the brewers would be missing out. In this scenario, they would obviously feel moose is an upgrade over shaw, if they dont take the trade you dont get the better play and you dont get the added return from shaw. thats a two fold loss.

Not necessarily. They would only need to view (Moose + prospects) > (Shaw + cash).

This isn't that complicated man.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not necessarily. They would only need to view (Moose + prospects) > (Shaw + cash).

This isn't that complicated man.

youre right, its not. Its really simple, in the scenario youve presented, theyve already choosen what they favor. you dont consider signing moose if you dont want to spend the money or think hes the better player than shaw. youre trying to argue itd be no skin off their back if they only had shaw when, again in the scenario you presented, they clearly would feel moose is better, arent worried about money, and then as i already said they would get prospect(s) in return for shaw.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre right, its not. Its really simple, in the scenario youve presented, theyve already choosen what they favor. you dont consider signing moose if you dont want to spend the money or think hes the better player than shaw. youre trying to argue itd be no skin off their back if they only had shaw when, again in the scenario you presented, they clearly would feel moose is better, arent worried about money, and then as i already said they would get prospect(s) in return for shaw.

Believe it or not, MLB teams are capable of putting valuations of multiple players and doing the math. It's really not hard. This isn't "they've already chosen and now have go through with it" like some guy at a shotgun wedding.

At this point, I don't know why I bother though.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Believe it or not, MLB teams are capable of putting valuations of multiple players and doing the math. It's really not hard. This isn't "they've already chosen and now have go through with it" like some guy at a shotgun wedding.

At this point, I don't know why I bother though.

guy, no way said they have to go through with it. . it amazes me that this all came about because you cant say whats overwhelmingly obvious, if they sign moose then they wont get a full return for shaw. if youve forgotten, thats how this started and youve yet to make an argument that contains common sense on why they would get a full return if they do sign him.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

guy, no way said they have to go through with it. . it amazes me that this all came about because you cant say whats overwhelmingly obvious, if they sign moose then they wont get a full return for shaw. if youve forgotten, thats how this started and youve yet to make an argument that contains common sense on why they would get a full return if they do sign him.

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Because they don't get Shaw and you don't sign Moose unless you get full value on the trade.

I'm done with this. This is like the Yankees luxury tax thing where reading comprehension is apparently an issue.

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

So the Giants are out on JD Martinez. Who's left in this stare-off vs. Boras?

Red Sox, Arizona (probably can't afford) and Toronto? 

It's essentially just Martinez and the Red Sox playing chicken at this point IMO.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's essentially just Martinez and the Red Sox playing chicken at this point IMO.

Yep.  Boras is asking for 7 years.  Sox reportedly offering 5.  You don't have to take a big leap to assume that they will settle on 6 years.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm done with this. This is like the Yankees luxury tax thing where reading comprehension is apparently an issue.

where in that quote did i say they have to make the trade. theres a clear and obvious downside but if they had something in place and choose not to thats on them.

sorry i wont live in your lala land of the brewers getting full vale for shaw if they sign moose. youve yet to make a competent argument as to why that would be the caae.

Archived