17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I think he meant "clear" favorites.  Red Sox are bound to sign Martinez and that team looks awfully close the Yanks, IMO.  

Yeah I guess.  Red Sox won the division but were something ridiculous like 20-3 in extra inning games and Yankees were 10ish games better on pythag... and younger... and added a potential 6 WAR middle of the order bat.  So imo its more about Judge and Severino.  If those guys fall all the way back to earth then its anyways division but if they play the way they did last year, the Yankees have no excuse not to win 100+ games.

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yeah I guess.  Red Sox won the division but were something ridiculous like 20-3 in extra inning games and Yankees were 10ish games better on pythag... and younger... and added a potential 6 WAR middle of the order bat.  So imo its more about Judge and Severino.  If those guys fall all the way back to earth then its anyways division but if they play the way they did last year, the Yankees have no excuse not to win 100+ games.

Judge will regress, but I think it will be close because there is also a lot that the Red Sox will be adding, in addition to Martinez.  I refuse to believe that David Price is finished.  Wright will be back in the rotation, assuming no DV suspension.  They will get a full season of Devers.  Benintendi is a great bet to take a step forward.  This should be a pretty close race, imo.

Interested to see what happens with the Twins and their management. The first step is what Sano says and that will determine a lot. I hope that he admits mistake, asks for forgiveness, and looks for help or has gotten help or has realized it was wrong since then.

58 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

https://twitter.com/bitzybetsy/status/946407707606740992

Sano accused of sexual harassment/assault by a female photographer

Hopefully the dominoes start to fall in the MLB

Trevor Plouffe gave a supportive response to this tweet btw

Sano's name was brought up in trade rumors as recent as yesterday btw

Apparently the coach involved in the story was fired. 

This is an obvious take, but the MLB needs to investigate this and make sure it's concluded by Opening Day. I think it's a 50 game suspension for a first offense, but man that seems short to me.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Apparently the coach involved in the story was fired. 

This is an obvious take, but the MLB needs to investigate this and make sure it's concluded by Opening Day. I think it's a 50 game suspension for a first offense, but man that seems short to me.

Was he fired by the Twins back in 2015?

Archived