Eagles27

17-18 Hot Stove Thread

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Rodon?

I posted that right after the first report of Alexander came in lol. 

Well Soria sucks and we get cap relief. Losing Alexander sucks cause he was pretty decent last year, was even our closer for a little bit I believe, and did alright filling in. Good get for the Dodgers in a time when having a good bullpen is really important. Helps us get a step closer to Hosmer. Oaks could probably compete to be our #5 pitcher this year so I don't hate it for us assuming this helps us land Hosmer. I just hope if we land Hosmer it doesn't cost us Duffy

8 hours ago, NewAge said:

I posted that right after the first report of Alexander came in lol. 

Ha I just saw the original tweet that the Dodgers and White Sox had a deal. Whoops. 

Yeah that's a good add. I don't get this at all from the Royals side, and if they are using the money to sign Hosmer it makes even less sense.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha I just saw the original tweet that the Dodgers and White Sox had a deal. Whoops. 

Yeah that's a good add. I don't get this at all from the Royals side, and if they are using the money to sign Hosmer it makes even less sense.

What doesn't make sense about it? We aren't gonna be crying over losing Alexander and we're pretty damn happy to get rid of Soria. This is just cap dumping of a terrible player, and we can't do that without giving up something of at least a little value.

We aren't going to be contending anytime soon but we just want to bring back Hosmer to be a face the fans recognize to put butts in seats during the rebuild. We're just making room so that we can push the supposed cap that ownership has given us. 

16 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Nicky Lopez?

**** Lovelady, but I am a Lopez fan as well. Nice prospect. 

1 hour ago, NewAge said:

**** Lovelady, but I am a Lopez fan as well. Nice prospect. 

I was trying to make a joke. Clearly it was the other guy.

Really like the Solarte pickup for Toronto. He's a solid bat for that team.

Can we just rename this thread the 17-18 Ice Cold Stove Thread?  This is the least exciting offseason I can remember.