17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

8 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I feel like that package is kinda meh, but I don't think Cole deserves an ace package either.

It is pretty meh but Cole only has two years of team control left and is coming off a down season.  I suspect Yordan Alvarez could be involved too to boost the depth of the package.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I feel like that package is kinda meh, but I don't think Cole deserves an ace package either.

Martes was our top pitching prospect not that long ago, control issues have just plagued him over the last year+. He could be dominant. Fisher/Martes centered deal would be a solid deal I think. Cole isn't THAT good. 

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Dave Cameron leaving Fangraphs for the Padres

That's a bummer. I think he's a tremendous writer and helped make intelligent baseball writing more mainstream after Fire Joe Morgan tore the old crowd to shreds.

I really love his Jose Fernandez piece:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/i-cant-wait-to-tell-my-son-about-jose-fernandez/

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

Lol

Is there an ulterior motive for him leaving?

6 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Martes was our top pitching prospect not that long ago, control issues have just plagued him over the last year+. He could be dominant. Fisher/Martes centered deal would be a solid deal I think. Cole isn't THAT good. 

He really isn't. He has been meh the past 2 seasons, and that's pitching in the NL. I wouldn't give up legit prospects as a centerpiece of a deal.

1 hour ago, CAS22 said:

I'd be surprised if Tucker were involved.  I'd guess a Fisher/Martes package.

I think that's light unless there is a really good 3rd piece. Best fit for that spot to me is a "will probably be a 50/55 FV guy at the end of the season but isn't right now" type low minors guy.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think that's light unless there is a really good 3rd piece. Best fit for that spot to me is a "will probably be a 50/55 FV guy at the end of the season but isn't right now" type low minors guy.

Jairo Solis would fit that bill.  He's a stud in waiting.

Archived