17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It would be steep something like

Aaron Sanchez, Anthony Alford, Richard Urena + high ceiling lotto guy 

That's steep but probably in and around accurate. He had a wasted year but Sanchez could still be an ace or a strong #2 so it's really tough. I'd think about it though. 

18 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

That's steep but probably in and around accurate. He had a wasted year but Sanchez could still be an ace or a strong #2 so it's really tough. I'd think about it though. 

How do you feel about the Grichuk deal? I'm not a fan. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not like the Blue Jays gave up anything overly valuable.  Most likely, they gave up two bullpen arms.

Oh, I know. Leone was pretty damn good last year however, and we need guys that get on base, not more guys that strikeout over 30% of the time. 

Some pretty wild rumors with the Brewers swirling. This headline says we are interested in Yu Darvish, have met with him, and have made him a formal offer (speculated for 5 or 6 years).

And, naturally, Darvish comments. Love this dude.

Okay, so this is full crackhead mode for the offseason, but there are a few other rumors.

(Awful pun Jerry. Not letting you get away with that.) So, it's not Keon Broxton to the Giants (though that still should happen honestly). Crasnick mentions the White Sox, but a guy who writes for Barstool New York says he's heard the Brewers are trading for Jacoby Ellsbury and are getting Albert Abreu in exchange for taking on some unknown portion of his landmine contract.

To get even more "Rams you have a problem get off twitter", some guy on Brewerfan.net who was able to confirm the Jonathan Lucroy to Cleveland trade earlier than the national media says that the Brewers have a big trade coming with an AL team.

On 20/01/2018 at 5:47 PM, CWood21 said:

It's not like the Blue Jays gave up anything overly valuable.  Most likely, they gave up two bullpen arms.

It's not the price. It's the point of acquiring another average player. Like Steve Pearce last season. Seems like Blue Jays reps are throwing out names like JD Martinez and Blue Jays interested in Christian Yelich than go acquire what I would consider a decent 4th OF on a good team and have him starting 

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Some pretty wild rumors with the Brewers swirling. This headline says we are interested in Yu Darvish, have met with him, and have made him a formal offer (speculated for 5 or 6 years).

And, naturally, Darvish comments. Love this dude.

Okay, so this is full crackhead mode for the offseason, but there are a few other rumors.

(Awful pun Jerry. Not letting you get away with that.) So, it's not Keon Broxton to the Giants (though that still should happen honestly). Crasnick mentions the White Sox, but a guy who writes for Barstool New York says he's heard the Brewers are trading for Jacoby Ellsbury and are getting Albert Abreu in exchange for taking on some unknown portion of his landmine contract.

To get even more "Rams you have a problem get off twitter", some guy on Brewerfan.net who was able to confirm the Jonathan Lucroy to Cleveland trade earlier than the national media says that the Brewers have a big trade coming with an AL team.

****. Darvish goes to the Yanks if they can dump Ellsbury on someone. Cashman is having a hell of an offseason if this happens.

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

BREWERS WILL BE MY 2nd FAV TEAM IF THEY TAKE JACOBY. 

PLEASSSSEEEEE

8 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

rams plz

I'm gonna be real salty about the reaction to this trade if it goes down, because the entire story from the national media is going to be about how the Yankees had to have fleeced the Brewers because Ellsbury is terrible and now the Yankees can afford Darvish. 

And yeah, from the Yankees' side only this is a good deal. But Abreu is a potential TOR starter and the Brewers are buying him and 3 declining years of a probably average OF, for what, probably like $40M total? Granted, if we're taking on the full $68M or whatever it is that he's owed, it's a different conversation but the Brewers should be happy about this trade. Abreu would have the most upside of any pitching prospect (honestly maybe prospect period) we have and we aren't giving up any real baseball talent to get him.

My opinion on this might change if/once we know the financial details, but right now I think this is a win for both teams that will be discussed nationally as one team fleecing the other.

Archived