17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

With Cobb off to the O's, that leaves Greg Holland as the only top 50 FA still unsigned.  I wonder if he will wait until after the draft and sign, so the QO no longer applies.

I hope not, he's on two of my fantasy teams. Lol

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

OT but don't know where to put this and it isn't thread worthy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jun/10/la-dodgers-psychic-baseball-mccourt

Was I living under a rock? How did I not know this

Now that guy has/had a great con going for him.  I wish I could get paid several hundred thousand to watch baseball games, instead of paying $120 or whatever it is for mlb.tv.

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Less than 1 week until Opening Day, some hard to believe. Next Thursday all teams will be playing, first time there's been a true opening day in years. 

I much prefer this to the 1 or 2 games on OD. I also like it when the Cubs get to open against the firesale Marlins.

Good to get cost certainty.  Red Sox need to bring in someone to compete with Vazquez though, as his weak bat/strong defense is best suited as a backup.  Off the top of my head, they don't have any good C prospects (though I could be wrong).  You'd be looking at Jon Denney right now if he wasn't such a waste of a human being.

The Phillies stole Scott Kingery with that contract they just gave him. 

6 years, $24 Million with team options from 2024-2026. Breaks down as follows;

$1.5 Million signing bonus, 2018: $750,000, 2019: $1.25 M, 2020: $1.5 M, 2021: $4 M, 2022: $6 M, 2023: $8 M with team options being $13 Million ($1 Million buyout), $14 Million and $15 Million

There's risk because he's a prospect with no service time but, damn, if he produces like I think he will...

On 3/21/2018 at 10:01 AM, hrubes20 said:

With Cobb off to the O's, that leaves Greg Holland as the only top 50 FA still unsigned.  I wonder if he will wait until after the draft and sign, so the QO no longer applies.

Someone's going to throw a big 1 year deal at him soon if he doesn't already have a few sitting in his agents' office.  Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in St. Louis on a 1+1 tbh.

Archived