Here we go......

Free Agents

Terron Armstead, OT, Saints, 3 yrs $63 Mil

Cordarelle Patterson, RB / WR, Falcons 3 yrs $18 Mil

Bring them backs

Mike Gesicki, TE, 4 yrs $48 Mil

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, 3 yrs $30 Mil

Jacoby Brissett, QB, 1 yr $5 Mil

Estimated Cap spent on additions = $65 Mil ( Armstead frontloaded $32 Mil )

Estimated Cap space before 2022 Draft = $20 Mil

2022 Draft

Round 1, pick 12, Charles Cross 6'5" 310, OT, Miss St

Round 2, pick 37, Drake London 6'5" 210, WR, USC  ( falls due to injury )

Round 3, Verone McKinley III 5'11" 196, S, Oregon ( versatility to play nickel CB and S ) (from 49ers comp pick)

Round 4, Damone Clark 6'4" 240, ILB, LSU

Round 4,  Luke Mathews 6'4" 320, C, Texas A&M (from Steelers)

Round 5, Zion Nelson 6'5" 315, OT, Miami

Round 5, Josh Johnson 5'10" 185, WR/RB, Tulsa ( comp pick for Godchaux )

Round 6, Keontay Ingram 5'11" 225, RB, USC

Round 6, Matthew Butler 6'3" 295, 3-4 DE, Tennessee ( from Patriots )

Round 7, Keidron Smith 6'2" 198, CB, Ole Miss

On 11/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, Swampbilly said:

Here we go......

Free Agents

Terron Armstead, OT, Saints, 3 yrs $63 Mil

Cordarelle Patterson, RB / WR, Falcons 3 yrs $18 Mil

Bring them backs

Mike Gesicki, TE, 4 yrs $48 Mil

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, 3 yrs $30 Mil

Jacoby Brissett, QB, 1 yr $5 Mil

Estimated Cap spent on additions = $65 Mil ( Armstead frontloaded $32 Mil )

Estimated Cap space before 2022 Draft = $20 Mil

2022 Draft

Round 1, pick 12, Charles Cross 6'5" 310, OT, Miss St

Round 2, pick 37, Drake London 6'5" 210, WR, USC  ( falls due to injury )

Round 3, Verone McKinley III 5'11" 196, S, Oregon ( versatility to play nickel CB and S ) (from 49ers comp pick)

Round 4, Damone Clark 6'4" 240, ILB, LSU

Round 4,  Luke Mathews 6'4" 320, C, Texas A&M (from Steelers)

Round 5, Zion Nelson 6'5" 315, OT, Miami

Round 5, Josh Johnson 5'10" 185, WR/RB, Tulsa ( comp pick for Godchaux )

Round 6, Keontay Ingram 5'11" 225, RB, USC

Round 6, Matthew Butler 6'3" 295, 3-4 DE, Tennessee ( from Patriots )

Round 7, Keidron Smith 6'2" 198, CB, Ole Miss

First off, I love the Drake Jackson pick, I think him, Waddle, Wilson, Lyn Bowden, and Gesicki would make for a balanced group. Love the OT picks as well as the Matthew Butler pick. A couple things I hate about this, anyone who thinks Cordarelle Patterson and Keaontay Ingram will be major contributors will be sorely mistaken, if Tua is gonna find success we need to establish a power inning game, Tyler Allgier, Kenneth Walker, Kennedy Brooks, Zach Charbonnet, and Jerome Ford are guys who would compliment this offense very well, Allgeier might be my favorite player in the whole class. Also I love McKinley but we took Holland last year and Brandon Jones in the third the year before, they looked great together in the ravens game. Last thing, I like the Zion Nelson pick but no way he lasts that long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdolphins18 said:

First off, I love the Drake Jackson pick, I think him, Waddle, Wilson, Lyn Bowden, and Gesicki would make for a balanced group. Love the OT picks as well as the Matthew Butler pick. A couple things I hate about this, anyone who thinks Cordarelle Patterson and Keaontay Ingram will be major contributors will be sorely mistaken, if Tua is gonna find success we need to establish a power inning game, Tyler Allgier, Kenneth Walker, Kennedy Brooks, Zach Charbonnet, and Jerome Ford are guys who would compliment this offense very well, Allgeier might be my favorite player in the whole class. Also I love McKinley but we took Holland last year and Brandon Jones in the third the year before, they looked great together in the ravens game. Last thing, I like the Zion Nelson pick but no way he lasts that long.

I try to be realistic when I look at our future.  That being said, we know that our Offensive Coaching staff doesn't value the run game as much as some of us Fin Fans, so a 2nd round pick for a RB isn't likely.  It appears to me that the type of RB we are looking for is an all around HB type that can catch the football and pass block well while doing just enough on the ground to keep Defenses honest, and that is Cordarelle Patterson perfectly described IMO.  The guy can get tough yards (6'2" 230), his pass blocking is solid (PFF rated at 69.8) while his receiving skills are his most impressive ability (PFF rated; 93.4) and overall he is PFF's top rated RB this season with a rating of 90.3 ( he also creates mismatches with his ability to motion from the backfield and into receiver spots, which is something we see from our playbook ).  The fact that he is already 30 yrs old and is more about efficiency than huge numbers is what will keep his market value low and allow us to sign him for a modest $6mil a year IMO.  Keontay Williams in the 6th is a low risk / high reward potential........ he flashes big ability but just hasn't been consistent, but that's why he isn't a 2nd round pick.

McKinley is more of a value pick than a need pick.  If there is any position our GM and HC can evaluate well then it's the DB positions and they love versatility in those spots which is something McKinley has plenty of.  He is also familiar with playing next to Holland of course.  What about Brandon Jones?  He's shown improvement lately benefitting from our heavy blitz scheme, but overall he has underperformed IMO and at some point we need DB's that can consistently man cover without being a liability.

Zion Nelson is all over the place in draft projections.  In the spring he was considered a 1st round pick by many, but that was based off of potential and projections of how he would play this season ( I'm a U of Miami fan and I assure you he has done nothing on the field to look like a first round pick, nor even a second unless the Raiders reach big again for an OT ).  That being said, he hasn't played well at all.  Currently it looks like his draft ceiling is a 3rd rounder, but his draft floor is looking like a 6th rounder.  I think he will be somewhere from a round 3 compensatory pick to a mid round 5th.

Thanks for your reply and views on my Off Season Mock ( I mean that sincerely ).  You certainly could be correct and there's a lot of time and variables between now and the Draft and I just wanted to take time to explain why I made the personnel decisions I did.  It's not so much what I would do as it is my thoughts on what our Front Office will try to do to address our personnel this off season.

Difficult to see Miami giving a RB that money who’ll be 31.5 when the season starts.

I’m not sure how much better a rookie OT makes the OL. I’d rather sign another veteran for competition, and take a dangerous standup edge rusher to replace AVG as the starter.

16 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I try to be realistic when I look at our future.  That being said, we know that our Offensive Coaching staff doesn't value the run game as much as some of us Fin Fans, so a 2nd round pick for a RB isn't likely.  It appears to me that the type of RB we are looking for is an all around HB type that can catch the football and pass block well while doing just enough on the ground to keep Defenses honest, and that is Cordarelle Patterson perfectly described IMO.  The guy can get tough yards (6'2" 230), his pass blocking is solid (PFF rated at 69.8) while his receiving skills are his most impressive ability (PFF rated; 93.4) and overall he is PFF's top rated RB this season with a rating of 90.3 ( he also creates mismatches with his ability to motion from the backfield and into receiver spots, which is something we see from our playbook ).  The fact that he is already 30 yrs old and is more about efficiency than huge numbers is what will keep his market value low and allow us to sign him for a modest $6mil a year IMO.  Keontay Williams in the 6th is a low risk / high reward potential........ he flashes big ability but just hasn't been consistent, but that's why he isn't a 2nd round pick.

McKinley is more of a value pick than a need pick.  If there is any position our GM and HC can evaluate well then it's the DB positions and they love versatility in those spots which is something McKinley has plenty of.  He is also familiar with playing next to Holland of course.  What about Brandon Jones?  He's shown improvement lately benefitting from our heavy blitz scheme, but overall he has underperformed IMO and at some point we need DB's that can consistently man cover without being a liability.

Zion Nelson is all over the place in draft projections.  In the spring he was considered a 1st round pick by many, but that was based off of potential and projections of how he would play this season ( I'm a U of Miami fan and I assure you he has done nothing on the field to look like a first round pick, nor even a second unless the Raiders reach big again for an OT ).  That being said, he hasn't played well at all.  Currently it looks like his draft ceiling is a 3rd rounder, but his draft floor is looking like a 6th rounder.  I think he will be somewhere from a round 3 compensatory pick to a mid round 5th.

Thanks for your reply and views on my Off Season Mock ( I mean that sincerely ).  You certainly could be correct and there's a lot of time and variables between now and the Draft and I just wanted to take time to explain why I made the personnel decisions I did.  It's not so much what I would do as it is my thoughts on what our Front Office will try to do to address our personnel this off season.

Love the in depth conversation, Allgeier is a pretty complete RB, he’s good in pass pro. and  catching the ball, as well as his othe talents. 

Personally I feel like Brandon Jones hasn’t gotten enough chances and being that he’s a third round pick and his recent improvement, he should get more time. McKinley feels like a FS to me and that’s covered by Holland, a couple safety’s I like I this draft are Sterling Weathorford, Kenderick Duncan and. And Kolby Harvel-Peele.

Ya who knows where Nelson will go when it comes around, things always change.

23 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Difficult to see Miami giving a RB that money who’ll be 31.5 when the season starts.

I’m not sure how much better a rookie OT makes the OL. I’d rather sign another veteran for competition, and take a dangerous standup edge rusher to replace AVG as the starter.

I agree, it is definitely risky signing a RB on the wrong side of 30, but again we’re talking about $6 Mil a year for a proven commodity in relation to how we use RBs.  That’s not a big contract for a veteran, much less a veteran that has been evaluated at the top of his position this season.

I also agree a rookie OT may not make us better immediately……….. but only if he can’t make the transition from LT to RT.  If the NFL Draft were tomorrow we probably wouldn’t be in position to draft Cross.  He’s considered the 2nd rated OT prospect, after Evan Neal, by many draft analysts right now and IMO there will be at least 2 OTs in the top 10 in 2022.  All that being said Cross reminds me of Dolphin great Richmond Webb.