NCAA Gambling Thread

BobbyPhil1781

B/c I was told I could start it for all you people who enjoy the thrills of making meaningless games feel like the Super Bowl. 

Who else dabbles in this?

Seeing Clemson as 3.5 favorites at home against Wake was a little surprising. I was ready to hammer Clemson as underdogs but not sure if I can do that now. Their defense is stacked and Wake can't stop anyone but the same can be said for the opposite where Wake's offense is legit and Clemson can't score any points.

I really like Pitt as 13.5 point favorites at home against UVA. The Cavs are pretty bad and Pitt is rising. Might be my lead pipe lock of the week. 

We all know Texas isn't back but getting 2.5 points against WVU is very appealing to me. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I really like Pitt as 13.5 point favorites at home against UVA. The Cavs are pretty bad and Pitt is rising. Might be my lead pipe lock of the week. 

Is Armstrong out? I'd hammer that if so. I'm seeing Wake up to 4.5 on some books. 

Tonight:

I like Ball State +2.5 tonight against CMU as well as the over. 

Northern Ill ML over Buffalo

Saturday: 

Florida State +2.5 Boston College

UCLA -3 USC

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Armstrong out? I'd hammer that if so. I'm seeing Wake up to 4.5 on some books. 

Tonight:

I like Ball State +2.5 tonight against CMU as well as the over. 

Northern Ill ML over Buffalo

Saturday: 

Florida State +2.5 Boston College

UCLA -3 USC

Armstrong is still an unknown. Even if he plays, I doubt he's 100% so I think this is an easy one.

What do you like about UCLA? Does USC not play the run well? I admit I don't watch too much of either team these days. I did at the beginning of the season but that has changed

23 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Armstrong is still an unknown. Even if he plays, I doubt he's 100% so I think this is an easy one.

What do you like about UCLA? Does USC not play the run well? I admit I don't watch too much of either team these days. I did at the beginning of the season but that has changed

USC is starting their freshman QB. 

• Like 1

I love Missouri (+8.5) vs Florida, Virgina (+14.5) @ Pittsburgh, and Maryland (+15) vs Michigan. The last pick is especially obvious for me. This a massive trap game after an emotional come from behind road win against Penn State and next week Michigan gets tOSU at home.

I'm also thinking about taking UCLA (-3) vs USC. USC has no business being in this game, let alone winning it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I love Missouri (+8.5) vs Florida, Virgina (+14.5) @ Pittsburgh, and Maryland (+15) vs Michigan. The last pick is especially obvious for me. This a massive trap game after an emotional come from behind road win against Penn State and next week Michigan gets tOSU at home.

I'm also thinking about taking UCLA (-3) vs USC. USC has no business being in this game, let alone winning it.

Curious why you like Virginia so much. They can't stop anyone and it's at Pitt.

I did look at the Michigan game as well w/ the same logic.

32 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Curious why you like Virginia so much. They can't stop anyone and it's at Pitt.

I did look at the Michigan game as well w/ the same logic.

I'm tailing SVP, but basically Armstrong should play and I just can't see Pitt beating UVA by more than two TDs with how much they can score. UVA will probably never stop Pitt, but it won't matter since UVA will also score 30/40 points.

22 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I'm tailing SVP, but basically Armstrong should play and I just can't see Pitt beating UVA by more than two TDs with how much they can score. UVA will probably never stop Pitt, but it won't matter since UVA will also score 30/40 points.

It doesn't worry you that Armstrong's ribs are likely broken and could effect his play? Have they said anything to the contrary about his ribs that I missed?

3 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

That does worry me, but if I lose $10 on it, oh well. 

LOL Same here but my pool has over 70 people in it so it's over $700 a week so I like to stay in it if possible. It'd be a nice chunk of change to win for the holidays. I just really feel strongly about Pitt in this one especially since they're at home. We will see though! Sucks that college is almost done b/c it's solely the NFL until bowl games and NFL spreads are really just a coin flip most of the time.

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I wouldn’t ever bet on Maryland after September. I’m pretty sure they haven’t beaten the spread since the calendar hit October 1st. 

• Like 1